Windows 10: Bad battery life

Discus and support Bad battery life in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After win10 upgrade my laptop stays alive for maybe 1hour but before upgrade i used to work with my laptop for about 5hour. The same problem appeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by sukovanej, Jul 31, 2015.

1. sukovanej Win User

Bad battery life

After win10 upgrade my laptop stays alive for maybe 1hour but before upgrade i used to work with my laptop for about 5hour. The same problem appeared when I was using Linux, the solution was 'bumblebee'-package, there wasn't a driver for my graphics card (I have an integrated and dedicated card) so it was exhausting the battery.

I don't it's problem with drivers now... at least it would be really weird.

Has someone a similar problem? Have you found a solution?

:)

sukovanej, Jul 31, 2015

2. what are the problems in Nokia N95 8G ??

bad bad battery life. Bad slide. No memory card slot... bad screen ( plasticy )

maxximuscool, Jul 31, 2015
  3. 93tid Win User
    Lumia 925 battery drains fast

I have a 820, 920, 1020 and 1520 and none of them have a bad battery life. I don't know who you have been talking to, but the myth about bad battery life of the Lumia series in general is utter nonsense.

93tid, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Hydranix Win User

Bad battery life

Linux's bumblebee package is what switches between your integrated and NVIDIA graphics cards.

Look for NVIDIA optimus drivers on NVIDIA's website. What's the model of your laptop and the model of your GPUs?

Hydranix, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Nemix Win User
    Microsoft is still working on battery optimization fixes for Windows 10, especially on those systems with Intel chipsets.

Nemix, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Good to know, I think. Battery life on my Yoga 2 Pro has taken a noticeable hit since installing the new OS.

pseudoware, Aug 1, 2015
  7. jimmij Win User
    After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on August 1st, my battery life has been reduced by nearly 50% and has not changed since installing Windows 10.

With Windows 8.1, I could usually get about 2 hours 45 minutes worth of battery life on power saver mode with a 100% charge with light usage (internet browsing stuff).

Windows 10 gives me no more than 1 hour 30 minutes of battery life on a 100% charge. I tried the battery saver mode on Windows 10 but it only gives me about 2 minutes extra battery life. My laptop is only a few months old, so the battery is most likely not defective.

I hope Microsoft gets to work on this...

Laptop Specs:
    hp envy k111dx 17.3" Touchscreen Beats Audio Edition
    i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00 GHz - 2.60 GHz
    12GB DDR3L SDRAM (2 DIMM)
    Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
    NVidia GeForce 840M GPU

jimmij, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Bad battery life

1. Bad battery life - Similar Threads - Bad battery life

2. battery life

in Windows 10 Customization
    battery life: I had this setting come up to make my charger only charge up to 80% and I turned it on and now I don't know how to turn it off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/00b679c5-550a-4d41-9d81-bae6b78bdccc
  3. Life of battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Life of battery: My battery doesn't charge more than 52% though it is not old. What shall I do? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/life-of-battery/5e12fd9f-5d27-4239-8109-8a127234ad1f
  4. Battery Life.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Battery Life.: Hello everyone, I was just wonder if I need to buy a new battery since my battery life on lasts until it gets to about 55-70% battery then just turns off, I have tried taking the battery out and drain it but no good still dies at 60%. If you can help Please it would be great....
  5. battery life

battery life: How to get more battery life when not on the charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/f3b2c933-8858-437c-a547-63b7a31e7ed9
  6. the battery life

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    the battery life: My PC shots down at 57% battery and in think this is not good. Is something that happens continuously at the time the battery hits 57% and before it shouted down at 62%. Can you help me ?...
  7. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  8. Battery life

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Battery life: Hi For weeks and weeks, my battery refuses to charge when plugged in. Then, just when I've given up hope, it fully charges again and does this for a week or so. Then, the cycle starts again. Why is this and what can I do about it?...
  9. Battery life

Battery life: kindly i need your support after i upgraded my windows to windows 10 the battery get drained while the pc is off and i don't know what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/07efec83-d943-4a1c-8b58-842af7ce93ba
  10. battery life

in Windows 10 Support
    battery life: good evening, has anyone noticed a shortened battery life with windows 10 or is around 2 hours good for a laptop battery to last without using the charger. I bought my dell e6410 with windows 7 ultimate on it but only used it for a little while that night before upgrading...