Windows 10: Bad clusters - automatic repair can't get into computer?

Discus and support Bad clusters - automatic repair can't get into computer? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my computer came up with automatic repair - your pc did not start correctly. I don't want to lose my files so I tried system reset, restore, startup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lightenthesky, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Bad clusters - automatic repair can't get into computer?

So my computer came up with automatic repair - your pc did not start correctly. I don't want to lose my files so I tried system reset, restore, startup repair, basically everything.

I ran a chkdsk command which told me that it moved 1 bad cluster to the bad cluster file and that no further action would be required. Nothing haplened.

When I tried system restore it failed and my laptop told me to run a chkdsk /R command. When I tried this it told me the file is write protected and as I can't get into my computer I can't start command prompt as an administrator so I'm stuck. I'm desperate not to lose my files as most aren't backed up as I was waiting to get a new memory stick.

:)

lightenthesky, Nov 30, 2018

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi,

Unsuccessful installation of an update could be a possible cause why you are experiencing the automatic repair loop. To address this concern, we suggest running the Startup Repair tool using your bootable USB. This tool can scan and repair damaged system
    files. Follow these steps to run the Startup Repair tool:

• Insert the bootable USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
    • In the Windows Setup page, select the language to install, Time and currency format and the keyboard or input method and click on Next.
    • Click on Repair your computer and select Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Advanced options and select Automatic Repair and select the operating system. You might also require changing the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from CD/DVD.

Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.

Note: Modifying BIOS settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications
    of the settings are at your own risk.

Keep us updated about the result.

Darleen Pen, Nov 30, 2018
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Strange idea... possible to cluster computers on a network for general processing?

Not so strange...

Tech Article - DIY Supercomputing: How to Build a Small Windows HPC Cluster

Building Your Own Super Computer

Building your own supercomputer using Ubuntu and Kerrighed

Quote from here --> How to Hook Up Several Computers to Make a Supercomputer

95Viper, Nov 30, 2018
  4. Bad clusters - automatic repair can't get into computer?

Surface Book Automatic Repair Issue

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

Provide us the following details in order to assist you better.

• How did you perform the Automatic repair? Did you use a DVD to perform it or via desktop?
    If you perform via desktop then I suggest you to boot your device using installation media.

I suggest you to perform the startup repair using the Windows 10 installation media from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install

Boot from the Windows 10 installation media and then perform automatic repair and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to perform Automatic repair:

• Insert installation media and restart the computer.
    • Select language and click on Next.
    • Select Repair your Computer and click on Skip this drive.
    • Select Troubleshoot and click on Advanced Options.
    Here choose the option Automatic Repair and follow the prompted instructions.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Divya Murugan, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

Bad clusters - automatic repair can't get into computer?

1. Bad clusters - automatic repair can't get into computer? - Similar Threads - Bad clusters automatic

2. Bad Clusters on the Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Clusters on the Windows Partition: Yesterday, on Windows 11 Home, my laptop's screent went black all of a sudden. I already had backup, so, I inserted a Windows USB, and I formatted the partition on which Windows was installed. I reinstalled Windows 11 Pro on it. After successful installation, when I rebooted...
  3. Bad Clusters on the Windows Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Clusters on the Windows Partition: Yesterday, on Windows 11 Home, my laptop's screent went black all of a sudden. I already had backup, so, I inserted a Windows USB, and I formatted the partition on which Windows was installed. I reinstalled Windows 11 Pro on it. After successful installation, when I rebooted...
  4. Can't get to automatic repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't get to automatic repair: Hey thereYesterday, when I booted up my laptop to upload some files, I got a bluescreen saying "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME", then it restarted. Alright, I get a little pissed but wait, computer restarts and I see the Windows logo with the tekst starting automatic repair. Then...
  5. Can't get to automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get to automatic repair: Hey thereYesterday, when I booted up my laptop to upload some files, I got a bluescreen saying "UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME", then it restarted. Alright, I get a little pissed but wait, computer restarts and I see the Windows logo with the tekst starting automatic repair. Then...
  6. Can't get to automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Chkdsk finding bad cluster

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chkdsk finding bad cluster: So I am trying to update windows, but it keeps failing over and over. Neither the cumulative update is installing, nor the 20H2 update is getting installed. So after some googling, I understood that running CHKDSK might solve the problem. So here I am trying to run CHKDSK and...
  8. Automatic Repair Loop - Can't Even Get Into the Computer

Automatic Repair Loop - Can't Even Get Into the Computer: I am typing this from my iPad. This problem has persisted since around April 14. On that day, I turned on my computer as always. When I did, the pc entered an automatic repair loop, constantly taking me to the “Couldn’t repair your pc” screen with the usual options of "Exit...
  9. Can't Get Past "Automatic Repair"

Can't Get Past "Automatic Repair": Last week I downloaded some HP Updates that were available (something to do with graphics, possibly one to do with audio. Not sure.) Then I got a series of blue screens. First said "Stop Code: KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE". Then, "Stop Code: DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED...
  10. Check Disk, bad clusters

Check Disk, bad clusters: Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Sputh>cmd.exe Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.523] (c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Users\Sputh>chkdsk E:/f/r The type of the file system is...