Windows 10: Bad config file and looping “diagnosing your pc”

Discus and support Bad config file and looping “diagnosing your pc” in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop crashed today and now it indicates that “bad windows config file” and it keeps looping into “diagnosing your pc”. From a dos prompt, what use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DuWal169, Dec 4, 2020.

1. DuWal169 Win User

Bad config file and looping “diagnosing your pc”

My laptop crashed today and now it indicates that “bad windows config file” and it keeps looping into “diagnosing your pc”. From a dos prompt, what use to be the c: drive is now labeled the d: drive and all the files appear to be there. There is a c: but what little is there is 0 btyes.. I’m not sure how best to go about getting windows fixed.

:)

DuWal169, Dec 4, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Bad system config info

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error Bad System Config means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. It would be great, if you can help us with the details requested below:

• When do you get the error message?
    • Does the computer boot to the Desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Alex_V123 Win User
    Windows Licence after "Bad system config info"

Hi,

my PC is broken with endless boot loop and "bad system config" info.

The Windows on the PC was preinstalled.

What happens with the licence if I reinstall from another PC/INternet with media creation tool?

Regards

Alex

Alex_V123, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Bad config file and looping “diagnosing your pc”

1. Bad config file and looping “diagnosing your pc” - Similar Threads - Bad config file

2. Bad System Config Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad System Config Loop: So ive recently had a problem with my computer. The blue death screen appeared and it is in a loop. Ive watched multiple Youtube videos and tried looking for articles and they didn't work, and now I dont know what to do....
  3. Bad System Config Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad System Config Loop: So ive recently had a problem with my computer. The blue death screen appeared and it is in a loop. Ive watched multiple Youtube videos and tried looking for articles and they didn't work, and now I dont know what to do....
  4. Bad System Config Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. diagnosing your computer loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    diagnosing your computer loop: Own a dell 15-3567 laptop running win 10The unit does a daily scheduled incremental backup image to aWD external drive. On startup the unit goes into a “Preparing Auto repair” then into” Diagnosing Your computer “loop. So1. On startup continued hitting “F8” It opens into a...
  6. diagnosing your computer loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    diagnosing your computer loop: Own a dell 15-3567 laptop running win 10The unit does a daily scheduled incremental backup image to aWD external drive. On startup the unit goes into a “Preparing Auto repair” then into” Diagnosing Your computer “loop. So1. On startup continued hitting “F8” It opens into a...
  7. Startup problem. Diagnosing your pc loop

Startup problem. Diagnosing your pc loop: Yesterday a recent windows update was not installed properly but the pc worked fine. And I had shut it down. Today it was not even starting all it says is automatic repair failed. So I have tried every option that is available in advanced options. Nothing works. I can't even...
  8. PC stuck in "diagnosing your PC" loop

PC stuck in "diagnosing your PC" loop: Hello all After restoring my PC windows 10 to an earlier state to yesterday I'va had an issue where the PC is stuck on a Diagnosing your PC loop. I am unable to boot in safe mode. I've tried F8, shift+F8 and ctrl+F8 without success. I believe the loop is caused by a lack...
  9. Pc freezing and stuck on a loop at "diagnosing your pc"

Pc freezing and stuck on a loop at "diagnosing your pc": Over the last few days I have had some issues with freezing on my pc. The only way i fixed the issue was by restarting my PC completely as I couldn't move my cursor and there was no sound. This only fixed the issue for a short period of time. I updated my NVIDIA graphics...
  10. Diagnosing your PC loop and Resetting this PC loop

in Windows 10 Support
    Diagnosing your PC loop and Resetting this PC loop: My computer froze and I restarted it. After it turned off and started back up, it didn't boot into windows. At first it was giving me a message about inserting the boot media. I reset it again and loaded windows 10 and it went to a "Diagnosing your PC" loop where it would sit...