Windows 10: Bad connection after Windows10 Reset?

Discus and support Bad connection after Windows10 Reset? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Recently I had some problems with my operating system so I did a full reset of Windows but now my connection is bad. Before I used 5Ghz and got like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lurixes, May 20, 2020.

1. Bad connection after Windows10 Reset?

Recently I had some problems with my operating system so I did a full reset of Windows but now my connection is bad. Before I used 5Ghz and got like 99mbit/s out of 100 download and 35mbit/s out of 40 upload and that was pretty amazing for Wlan but now I get only around 50 download and 25 upload. Before I also had full conection every time and now I only get like 1 or 2 bars. I tried switching to 2.4Ghz since it should connect better and it did but my download speed was even worse with 20mbit/s. So now I am back on 5Ghz with 50mbit/s download connected with only one bar and I don't know why. I also tried going to the router and there I got full connection but still got only 60mbit/s download.

I did some settings like 8.8.8.8 DNS server, reinstalled all drivers, enabled full power instead of battery efficiency (yes, using a laptop), changed reserved bandwith in QoS Packet Scheduler to 0%, disabled firewall and defender but still nothing really changed.

Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/lurixes
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lurixes, May 20, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, May 23, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    I have to constantly reset connection,Internet disconnects frequently,attaching Wlan Report

Hi
    Ashita,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your internet connection keeps on disrupting. It is possible that your
    drivers are outdated, TCP/IP
    needs to be reset/reconfigure, or the issue is within your internet connection itself. We suggest that you perform these
    methods of troubleshooting and let us know if you notice any changes:

Method 1: Network and Internet Troubleshooter.

To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run
      the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections

• Network Adapter

• Incoming Connections

Method 2: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh
        int
        ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your
    WiFi connection.

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh
        int
        tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp
        set global
        autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh
        int
        tcp set global
        rss=enabled

We'll be waiting for your updates regarding the issue.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 23, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Bad connection after Windows10 Reset?

Cortana Won't Connect

Hi,

To better assist you, what are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Have you tried
    resetting and re-configuring
    your
    TCP/IP Settings? If not, we suggest that you do so. Kindly perform these
    methods of troubleshooting and check if Cortana can connect to the internet after performing these methods:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your Network Connection.

Method 2:
    Reconfigure TCP/IP

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Bad connection after Windows10 Reset?

1. Bad connection after Windows10 Reset? - Similar Threads - Bad connection Windows10

2. Wifi connection bad after reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi connection bad after reset: Hi I’ve recently taken over a PC with windows 10. It was reset to factory settings and had to config everything when starting up. I chose our Wi-Fi connection and it connected fine. However, the connection is extremely bad and loses connection several times at random. What...
  3. Wifi connection bad after reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi connection bad after reset: Hi I’ve recently taken over a PC with windows 10. It was reset to factory settings and had to config everything when starting up. I chose our Wi-Fi connection and it connected fine. However, the connection is extremely bad and loses connection several times at random. What...
  4. Wifi connection bad after reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Reset windows10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reset windows10: I tried resetting windows 10 and now my control panel ,windows update one drive windows powershell plus a few others not working also had chinese writing on microsoft edge and bluetooth iso just a disaster cant reinstall windows or update drivers i think this has ruined my...
  6. Bad Internet Connection After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bad Internet Connection After Upgrade: Hi, I just got my computer upgraded with some more storage its a 1TB SSD from samsung made for laptops. After I got my computer back from Geek Squad at Best Buy, I had horrible Wi-Fi connection. Before the storage was put in, I got pretty good Wi-Fi and I only used a LAN...
  7. Scanner will not connect after Using Windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner will not connect after Using Windows10: I have a HP PRO 8620 Printer/Scanner since installing Windows 10 the scanner only works occasionally now the information is saying not connected to the computer but the printer is still printing any help would be appreciated...
  8. Reset Windows10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Reset Windows10: Hey guys, my cuz hit the reset button before he realized he had marked the reset box that wipes everything clean then restores his computer, now he didn't back up nothing so he wants to reset it again to his old setting in W10 ! He wants his files & pics back ! I told him i...
  9. Windows10 reset problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows10 reset problem: Hi. I have an upgrate from windows7 version. Due to "PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA" icarriet out a reset. After did was done started Windows and after 10min the following came up. Black screen taskbar without apps the windows-,search app are not working only the task view...
  10. daily BSOd(bad pool header) reboot after windows10 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    daily BSOd(bad pool header) reboot after windows10 upgrade: Since upgrading from win 7 home premium to win 10, my computer seems to reboot daily. I have seen a 'bad pool header' message if the BSOD/reboot happens when I am working on the computer. I have used the DM Log collector to gather the information for diagnosis and it is in...