Windows 10: Bad experience with Windows 10 Mail

Discus and support Bad experience with Windows 10 Mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A few days ago I took my life in my hands and installed the 2004 Windows 10 update. Until then I had been happily using Windows Live Mail from Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JohnBragg2, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Bad experience with Windows 10 Mail

A few days ago I took my life in my hands and installed the 2004 Windows 10 update. Until then I had been happily using Windows Live Mail from Windows Essentials 2012. However after the update it clearly had been scuppered as syncing failed and it became unusable. I knew this would happen at some stage and I was prepared for it to the extent of having all my contacts exported as a CSV file. So I duly took the advice shown online to switch to the Mail app on the desktop, After several hours I managed somehow to get my contacts in some sort of shape by creating a new outlook.com id and importing my stored file. I used the People app to clean up the partly correct contacts and at this stage I thought I was home and dry. However I then discovered to my amazement that the Mail app doesn't support distribution lists or groups as some people call them. Having had a whole load of these with Windows Live Mail I then had a serious problem. Some solutions posted online involved typing in lists of email addresses separated by semi-colons. This would have taken me several days even if it had worked. I did a few and found that they disappeared from view when some sort of syncing took place with People and Outlook. At this stage I was losing the will to live and after sleeping on the problem finally decided to use the Outlook desktop app. I added my host accounts and, hey presto, it is now all working perfectly, This looks very similar to Live Mail and my wife agrees which is good,

So I ask the question: why does Microsoft suggest using Mail to replace the old Live Mail? The absence of distribution lists in Mail is a serious omission. What were the developers thinking? The app is a big step backwards from Live Mail. The closest match in function and appearance is the Outlook desktop app and so why is this not recommended as a replacement for Live Mail? I have managed to solve my problem by using Outlook desktop but I am still not sure if I get this for free in Windows 10 or whether it works because I signed up for a month's trial of 365. This is certainly not clear from any of the information associated with my subscriptions. Or am I being forced down a subscription route so that I can get an email client that works? All very confusing.

Overall this is an experience I could have done without.

:)

JohnBragg2, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

Bad experience with Windows 10 Mail

1. Bad experience with Windows 10 Mail - Similar Threads - Bad experience Mail

2. HOW TO SHUTDOWN WINDOWS WITHOUT UPDATE? BAD OPS!!! BAD USER EXPERIENCE!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW TO SHUTDOWN WINDOWS WITHOUT UPDATE? BAD OPS!!! BAD USER EXPERIENCE!!: WAS FORCED TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NAME OF A <mod removed> EXPERIENCE.I cant search anything in the windows task bar.I cant search anything inside any folder or subfolder.AMAZING EXPERIENCE, HONESTLY. LOVED IT. MADE MY DAY.THE LOCAL TEA GUY AT OUR...
  3. HOW TO SHUTDOWN WINDOWS WITHOUT UPDATE? BAD OPS!!! BAD USER EXPERIENCE!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO SHUTDOWN WINDOWS WITHOUT UPDATE? BAD OPS!!! BAD USER EXPERIENCE!!: WAS FORCED TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NAME OF A F**KING EXPERIENCE.I cant search anything in the windows task bar.I cant search anything inside any folder or subfolder.AMAZING EXPERIENCE, HONESTLY. LOVED IT. MADE MY DAY.THE LOCAL TEA GUY AT OUR PLACE...
  4. HOW TO SHUTDOWN WINDOWS WITHOUT UPDATE? BAD OPS!!! BAD USER EXPERIENCE!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO SHUTDOWN WINDOWS WITHOUT UPDATE? BAD OPS!!! BAD USER EXPERIENCE!!: WAS FORCED TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS AND THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS IN THE NAME OF A F**KING EXPERIENCE.I cant search anything in the windows task bar.I cant search anything inside any folder or subfolder.AMAZING EXPERIENCE, HONESTLY. LOVED IT. MADE MY DAY.THE LOCAL TEA GUY AT OUR PLACE...
  5. The experience with Microsoft Support is incredibly bad

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    The experience with Microsoft Support is incredibly bad: Hello, I have a Win 10 pro product key that I have been using about 7 years, primarily in my old laptop and years later in my currently laptop.I decided to move my HOST OS to Linux and create a VM with Win10 Pro and it has been imposible to me to activate my license in my...
  6. The experience with Microsoft Support is incredibly bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The experience with Microsoft Support is incredibly bad: Hello, I have a Win 10 pro product key that I have been using about 7 years, primarily in my old laptop and years later in my currently laptop.I decided to move my HOST OS to Linux and create a VM with Win10 Pro and it has been imposible to me to activate my license in my...
  7. The experience with Microsoft Support is incredibly bad

8. Overall Windows 11 experience is bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Overall Windows 11 experience is bad: Control panel used to be so easy to operate. Now the UI is so hard to navigate. Anyway we could bring back the old windows UI in windows 11? like when you want to get to the printer...it's all graphical...not just text....
  9. Overall Windows 11 experience is bad

Overall Windows 11 experience is bad: Control panel used to be so easy to operate. Now the UI is so hard to navigate. Anyway we could bring back the old windows UI in windows 11? like when you want to get to the printer...it's all graphical...not just text....
  10. Bad Gamming Experience

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Gamming Experience: my laptop often get FPS spike, getting heavy, stuttering.. I didn't realize at first since i'm playing an online games, because I thought that it was come from my connection. but when i play an offline game last night i realize that it was not, it's my device that have the...