Windows 10: Bad file preview in medium icons visualization

Discus and support Bad file preview in medium icons visualization in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I noticed a boring problem in Windows 10. As you can see in the screenshot attached, the file icon preview in medium icons visualization... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Raziael, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Raziael Win User

Bad file preview in medium icons visualization

Hi everyone,
    I noticed a boring problem in Windows 10.
    As you can see in the screenshot attached, the file icon preview in medium icons visualization (but it's the same in little and big ones) is bad: perimeter lines of the file are black in certain points and yellow in other ones, with a general poor quality.
    Is it normal? Why does this happen?
    Thanks.

Bad file preview in medium icons visualization [​IMG]

:)

Raziael, Mar 29, 2019

2. Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Image thumbnail preview not showing on medium-sized icons.

Hello.

When I turned on my computer this morning I saw that the thumbnail preview on all my image files had been replaced with the flower icon(Gifs shows up as just white icons).

Now I have attempted the normal method of going to my settings and making sure that it is suppose to show the previews rather then the icons, infact I disabled previews and then turned them back on just to see if that resetted it, it did not.

Also went into sysdm(or whatever it was called) and checked the settings there and it checked out fine, same there I disabled previews and then turned them back on.

I tried restarting my computer but didn't work either.

But I tried changing the size of them and to my surprise, on large icons or small icons, the previews show up but not on medium-sized.

Needless to say, I can't use large icons since they are way too big and small icons are way too small so I would like to use medium-sized icons.

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening and how to fix it ?

TomasBengtsson, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Bad file preview in medium icons visualization

File Explorer not showing Extra large icons

Hi,

The icons might be set to appear in medium or small icons. For you to get extra large icons, follow these steps:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click in an empty space and navigate to View > Extra large icons.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Bad file preview in medium icons visualization

1. Bad file preview in medium icons visualization - Similar Threads - Bad file preview

2. Notepad file bad icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad file bad icon: Hi, today, I wanted to create a new text document, when I realised that the icon is weird. How can I fix this and revert to the original icon?What the icon looks like:https://i.imgur.com/oRQ1RK3.pngNotepad version:https://i.imgur.com/K5DcRwl.pngWindows...
  3. Notepad file bad icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad file bad icon: Hi, today, I wanted to create a new text document, when I realised that the icon is weird. How can I fix this and revert to the original icon?What the icon looks like:https://i.imgur.com/oRQ1RK3.pngNotepad version:https://i.imgur.com/K5DcRwl.pngWindows...
  4. Icon & Font Layout in File Explorer Medium View is broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon & Font Layout in File Explorer Medium View is broken: Just reformatted my laptop. Clean install with the latest version of Windows. Carried out all updates and noticed that the spacing with the font isn't right. I asked a few friends online and some have this issue, some don't. I also have a Surface Pro where the issue isn't...
  5. Medium icon size keeps changing

in Windows 10 Support
    Medium icon size keeps changing: Hello, Since a couple of days, the medium size icons are displayed as small icons on my desktop and file explorers. The size switches at random times. After a reboot the icons stay fine (medium size) for a while, but then change to small size. This always happens for URL...
  6. how to make icons remain on medium view

how to make icons remain on medium view: I have windows 10 When I open up some of my folders, they are suppose to be on medium icons. The problem is, whenever I come back to that folder, it is in the details, instead of the icons. How can I get it to stay on medium icons? I still want to be able to see thumbnails...
  7. File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer only Medium Icon shows icons and folders: My icons disappeared only in (Extra) Large Icons but all of the file and folder icons only appear in medium icon. Ive been trying to solve this by searching through google but it didnt work. The files inside the folder disappeared too.[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. File Explorer Showing Blank Thumbnail on Medium/Large Icons Option.

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Showing Blank Thumbnail on Medium/Large Icons Option.: this happened outa know where and havent found anyone else like this. ive tried every method out there http://prntscr.com/l2cgoh Already tried this method and also tried cleaning thumbnail files in my ssd and it just messes up my computer after i wipe then my computer gets...
  9. Medium And Small Icons Together

Medium And Small Icons Together: Hi: For some reason Windows 10 likes to display both “medium and small” icons together in the same folders. I have them set for medium but when I open a folder most of the icons are medium but one, two or three are small. Most of the time when I back out of the...
  10. Medium And Small Icons Together

in Windows 10 Support
    Medium And Small Icons Together: Hi: For some reason Windows 10 likes to display both “medium and small” icons together in the same folders. I have them set for medium but when I open a folder most of the icons are medium but one, two or three are small. Most of the time when I back out of the...