Windows 10: Bad File? Why will **** Cleaner not delete?

Discus and support Bad File? Why will **** Cleaner not delete? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; **** Cleaner found a file that it cannot delete. I have never seen this file or situation before, so I am concerned. The file is:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HGUX, Nov 4, 2019.

1. HGUX Win User

Bad File? Why will **** Cleaner not delete?

**** Cleaner found a file that it cannot delete. I have never seen this file or situation before, so I am concerned. The file is: C:\Users\Xxxx\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\Low\SuggestedSites.dat . It seems to be related to Internet Explorer.

Why can I not delete this file? The cleaner has never caught this file before on any of my or my wife's

computers, so I am concerned that it is malicious.

HG

:)

HGUX, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Nov 4, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 4, 2019
  4. NinjaNife Win User

BAT File That Deletes Files Below Specific Size

I am wondering how to make a bat file that can delete all files below a certain size (in this case 10kb). I have a folder on my server that has game screenshots in it (taken by Punkbuster) and need to sort out the good shots from the bad, and figure this is easier than manually deleting thousands of files.. The "bad" shots (blanks with failed renders) range in size from 4kb-8kb, so the bat file can delete anything lower than 10kb with no issues. Is this possible, and if so how do I make one? Thanks for your help.

*EDIT*
    I have found a bat file that can delete specific types/sizes, but it only allows you to delete file sizes of 0kb (empty text documents and such), and replacing the "0" with "10" or any other number hasn't worked for me so far.

NinjaNife, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Bad File? Why will **** Cleaner not delete? - Similar Threads - Bad File Why

2. Recommendation for a safe duplicate file cleaner?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recommendation for a safe duplicate file cleaner?: I see recommendations for back in 2019. Wondering if anyone has 2023 recommendations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recommendation-for-a-safe-duplicate-file-cleaner/0f3d6c49-41bc-4a37-865f-cddf66357642
  3. Recommendation for a safe duplicate file cleaner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recommendation for a safe duplicate file cleaner?: I see recommendations for back in 2019. Wondering if anyone has 2023 recommendations? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recommendation-for-a-safe-duplicate-file-cleaner/0f3d6c49-41bc-4a37-865f-cddf66357642
  4. Recommendation for a safe duplicate file cleaner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hi! I Can't delete Windows Update Files on Windows 11 Cleaner.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi! I Can't delete Windows Update Files on Windows 11 Cleaner.: Hi! I Can't delete Windows Update Files on Windows 11 Cleaner. Windows Update is clean in my opinion. But, still it appear as 5,88 GB.Please help me...
  6. Hi! I Can't delete Windows Update Files on Windows 11 Cleaner.

Hi! I Can't delete Windows Update Files on Windows 11 Cleaner.: Hi! I Can't delete Windows Update Files on Windows 11 Cleaner. Windows Update is clean in my opinion. But, still it appear as 5,88 GB.Please help me...
  7. Is Wise Disk Cleaner Safe to Delete Files?

Is Wise Disk Cleaner Safe to Delete Files?: Hey guys... Is using Wise Disk Cleaner safe in deleting files? I dont want to be sorry I deleted something I shouldnt. Let me know guys. . 157019
  8. GOOD or BAD ? Total PC Cleaner - Cleaner for Disk Space, Memory Optimizations

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GOOD or BAD ? Total PC Cleaner - Cleaner for Disk Space, Memory Optimizations: What do you think about tools that clean up and optimize the PC. Basically, I'm very cautious now regarding the use of external - not Windows 10 OnBoard Tools. With the registry cleaners, I've done more harm than good. There are suddenly empty entries in the registry...
  9. cleaners

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cleaners: Is ccleaner something that should be renewed or is there a program already offered in Windows 10 or with my hp computer. where can you find what is needed or not needed? seems a lot of ads for registry and files or interent history is being advertised and never sure if it...
  10. Disk cleaner show 900MB File?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk cleaner show 900MB File?: Disk cleaner shows 900MB Temporary Internet Files, but when I view the link it is Empty Tried running Disk cleaner and CCleaner Cannot find the files anywhere, except under disk cleaner Anyway of getting rid of it ? Thanks Gary 85120