Windows 10: Bad Hard drive, Maybe?

Discus and support Bad Hard drive, Maybe? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Asus all in one desktop will not boot up and I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and put it on a DVD. It will only go to the blue window page and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidPittman1221, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Bad Hard drive, Maybe?

My Asus all in one desktop will not boot up and I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and put it on a DVD. It will only go to the blue window page and no further. Is this what happens when the hard drive goes out?

:)

DavidPittman1221, Oct 25, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Oct 25, 2019
  3. little cat, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

Bad Hard drive, Maybe?

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Bad Hard drive, Maybe?

1. Bad Hard drive, Maybe? - Similar Threads - Bad Hard drive

2. Bad hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad hard drive?: I thought my hard drive may be going bad. I got a bootable copy of Windows to try to reinstall it using a usb device because of an endless boot loop with the error message that the computer encountered an unexpected shut down or problem. When I try to install windows again, I...
  3. Bad hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad hard drive?: I thought my hard drive may be going bad. I got a bootable copy of Windows to try to reinstall it using a usb device because of an endless boot loop with the error message that the computer encountered an unexpected shut down or problem. When I try to install windows again, I...
  4. Bad hard drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bad Hard Drive

Bad Hard Drive: I have a dell desktop that is faulty and wonder if I should replace the hdd, I have a new one and usb loading stick.Is it all as easy as plugging both in and letting it reinstall.It has been hard to transfer files off the c drive due to an occurrance constantly of c drive at...
  6. Hard drive, bad sectors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive, bad sectors: I have a HDD that has bad sectors. I plan to buy SSD to replace it. But can I still use that HDD to install games? I only plan to put the operating system in the SSD, or do you have any tips that will help to fix those bad sectors aside form chkdsk /f /r /x C: also, here is...
  7. Bad hard drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bad hard drive: The hard drive in my computer died. I have four other computers with windows 10 and I guess each one has a different account. This account is the account for the bad computer I believe. How do I get windows ten back on the computer with the new hard drive without purchasing...
  8. External hard drive bad

External hard drive bad: Good evening, Dear Sir, I have an external 500 Gb hard drive and I found that it has bad and bugs. What do I have to do to fix this problem? Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  9. bad hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bad hard drive: Wouldnt it just be my luck that discovered the re-certifed hard drive western digital sent me is partially bad from the start. This is what has seemed to have happened. I know this because I just got done doing a fresh clean install of 7 the other day and then right after...
  10. Startup Repair Loop, maybe hard drive problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Startup Repair Loop, maybe hard drive problem?: Hey guys, this is my first time posting, so I'm sorry if I have posted in the wrong place. I've tried looking all over for an answer to my problem but I can't seem to find one. Since the last update of Windows 10, my computer has been stuck in a loop of startup Repair. I'd...