Windows 10: Bad hard drive

Discus and support Bad hard drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The hard drive in my computer died. I have four other computers with windows 10 and I guess each one has a different account. This account is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BrycePackard, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Bad hard drive

The hard drive in my computer died. I have four other computers with windows 10 and I guess each one has a different account. This account is the account for the bad computer I believe. How do I get windows ten back on the computer with the new hard drive without purchasing it again (I actually got it free during the free period).

Thanks

Bryce

:)

BrycePackard, Oct 9, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Oct 9, 2019
  3. little cat, Oct 9, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

Bad hard drive

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Bad hard drive

1. Bad hard drive - Similar Threads - Bad hard drive

2. Will Resetting Windows Avoid Bad Sectors on Hard Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Will Resetting Windows Avoid Bad Sectors on Hard Drive: I have an Acer laptop that has started acting weird (stops responding for a minute, then catching up, working fine for 3-4 minutes, then stopping again). I did a surface test and found 11 bad sectors on the hard drive. I have run multiple 'sfc /scannow' and 'chkdsk c: /r'....
  3. Hard Drive - If the power is cut, can that be bad for it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive - If the power is cut, can that be bad for it?: I use SynBackPro to make two "mirror" copies of one folder on my C: to two 1 TB hard drives: Western Digital Black WD1003FZEX WD Black I have the hard drives on a power strip. I power them on and off, about once per day, to make a daily backup. After the copy has been...
  4. hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard drive: I am trying to install a game through steam it says I don't have enough space that is only on my ssd I want the game to download on my hard drive how do I do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive/c032b63d-de92-419c-bbd3-e4e32998d7c1"
  5. External Hard Driver Bad Sectors

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard Driver Bad Sectors: Hi I have a 2T Silicon Power A85 Hard drive. after 2 years my hard is not running well. the hard runs very slowly and stops every time. sometimes copy the information in 120 MB/s and sometimes in just few Kb. Hard disk Sentinel App shows a lot of bad sectors and just 4%...
  6. External hard drive bad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    External hard drive bad: Good evening, Dear Sir, I have an external 500 Gb hard drive and I found that it has bad and bugs. What do I have to do to fix this problem? Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  7. Whats the best way to deal with bad sectors in hard drive?

Whats the best way to deal with bad sectors in hard drive?: My hard drive used to have a bit of freeze on opening some of the files so I decided to run a chkdsk /f via CMD. That converted my disc to dynamic somehow and it wouldnt even let me boot to windows. Anyway after installing EaseUS partition master I was able to turn my hard...
  8. Hard Drive Bad Sectors found by WD Data Lifeguard but not by chkdsk

Hard Drive Bad Sectors found by WD Data Lifeguard but not by chkdsk: Hi all Here's the story... I had 2x 3TB HDD's in my NAS drive that was reporting that one of them had bad sectors, this was confirmed by Western Digital's HDD Utility tool, so I replaced it. I've reformatted it and hooked it up via a USB caddy and ran chkdsk on it but...
  9. bad hard drive

bad hard drive: Wouldnt it just be my luck that discovered the re-certifed hard drive western digital sent me is partially bad from the start. This is what has seemed to have happened. I know this because I just got done doing a fresh clean install of 7 the other day and then right after...
  10. System Errors Due to Bad Blocks on Hard Drive

System Errors Due to Bad Blocks on Hard Drive: To begin, my laptop was working fine until inexplicably while watching an online video my computer started freezing up on me, with every task, click, and action taking painfully long to complete. I quickly restarted my laptop, and the first thing I noticed that the boot time...