Windows 10: Bad image after windows update

Discus and support Bad image after windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows did an update today and now I am getting "bad image" error messages for SkypeBridge and LocalBridge. I cannot uninstall Skype as it is part of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mperemsky, Feb 27, 2020.

1. mperemsky Win User

Bad image after windows update

Windows did an update today and now I am getting "bad image" error messages for SkypeBridge and LocalBridge. I cannot uninstall Skype as it is part of Windows Microsoft store and does not give me the option to uninstall/reinstall.

I have tried to run scf /scannow, it fixed a corrupted file, but did not resolve the issue.

I tried downloading and installing the skype version, this also did not resolve the issue.

I reverted back to the previous installation of windows, the issue persists.

I have no restore points to go back to.

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

:)

mperemsky, Feb 27, 2020
  2. Smittychat., Feb 27, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Windows Bad Image error

Hi Laura,

To better assist you regarding the “Windows bad Image error message” on your computer, please clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Since when are you experiencing the issue?
    • Is it still an ongoing issue on your computer?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Feb 27, 2020
  4. Bad image after windows update

Hidden Window: CNQMMAIN>EXE - Bad Image error message

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Furthermore, a bad Image error occurs if there's an interruption to the system process or a corrupted file that affects the system. To isolate the issue, we suggest that you run the
    System File Checker (SFC) tool. It's a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows
    system files and restore corrupted files.

You may also check the answer from Andre Da Costa in this
    thread
    regarding Hidden Window: CNQMMAIN.EXE - Bad Image error message.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Feb 27, 2020
Thema:

Bad image after windows update

1. Bad image after windows update - Similar Threads - Bad image update

2. Windows Bad Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Bad Image: Every time I shut down or log off of Windows 7, I get this error saying Windows - Bad Image, exception processing message 0xc00007b parameters and some other codes. How can I stop the message from appearing after I log off and when I shut it down?...
  3. Windows Bad Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Bad Image: Every time I shut down or log off of Windows 7, I get this error saying Windows - Bad Image, exception processing message 0xc00007b parameters and some other codes. How can I stop the message from appearing after I log off and when I shut it down?...
  4. bad image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bad image: when i tried to install MATLAB on my device this message appears, please show me the steps to follow.some thing else, i just install windows 11 when i tried to run command sfc \scannow a message appears and the system not begin scanning...
  5. bad image error after 2022 window 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bad image error after 2022 window 10 update: Right after window 10 update Jan/17/2022 every time I open MS office 2016 , a box pop up Ecel.exe bad image C:\WINDOWS\System32\TextInputFramework.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error." , I run online repair re-install MS office 2016 several...
  6. bad image error after 2022 window 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bad image error after 2022 window 10 update: Right after window 10 update Jan/17/2022 every time I open MS office 2016 , a box pop up Ecel.exe bad image C:\WINDOWS\System32\TextInputFramework.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error." , I run online repair re-install MS office 2016 several...
  7. bad image error after 2022 window 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Bad image, .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad image, .: Bad image, Error status 0xc0000020Word ceased working. When trying to open app received message: task manager.exe Bad Image c:\windows\system32\Version.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original...
  9. Bad Image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bad Image: I have this problem that i can't open several application and games in my computer. It says bad image and this is the error code : 0xc000012f. I am trying to solve it and i shouldn't have done it and ask here first. I delete the comctl32.dll files in the...
  10. LocalBridge.exe - Bad Image, SkypeBridge.exe - Bad Image

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LocalBridge.exe - Bad Image, SkypeBridge.exe - Bad Image: I started getting the error's labeled above. They says: "C:\Users\exrta\AppData\Roaming\SplitmediaLasbs\Player.me\Game Source\XSplitGameSource64.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original...