Windows 10: Bad Image Error/Can't Download Gamecaster/Can't Uninstall Programs/Search Bar not working

Discus and support Bad Image Error/Can't Download Gamecaster/Can't Uninstall Programs/Search Bar not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically what the title says. When I use my computer I get a random "bad image error" (The same error message I got when trying to download Office... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/saucymcfoodlefist69, Feb 6, 2021.

1. Bad Image Error/Can't Download Gamecaster/Can't Uninstall Programs/Search Bar not working

Basically what the title says. When I use my computer I get a random "bad image error" (The same error message I got when trying to download Office 365) I also can't download gamecaster from the internet cuz my "windows installer isn't working" I also can't uninstall certain programs and my windows search bar isn't working. My laptop is only a few months old and I want to return it to get it fixed (it's still under warranty) but I need it for school. I've used Google to try and solve these problems but nothing has worked and I even tried Microsoft technical support but they were no help...HELP!

submitted by /u/saucymcfoodlefist69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/saucymcfoodlefist69, Feb 6, 2021
  2. AA_685 Win User

Program doesn`t uninstall properly.

So I uninstalled a program from the windows 10 settings app. After it finished it said that the uninstallation was successful. But the problem is that the program is still pined to my taskbar and I can still run it and it works perfectly fine. But the funny
    thing is, I can`t find the program anywhere else.

I can`t find it using windows search, there are no folders related to the program in program files, and it has completely disappeared from control panel or the settings app. Iobit uninstaller and ccleaner also couldn`t find the app. Restarting didn`t help
    either. But the app icon is still present on my taskbar, and when I click it, the program runs just fine. I can even find it running in the background using task manager. any ideas on how to get rid of the program ?

AA_685, Feb 6, 2021
  3. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 6, 2021
  4. Bad Image Error/Can't Download Gamecaster/Can't Uninstall Programs/Search Bar not working

Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

Bad Image Error/Can't Download Gamecaster/Can't Uninstall Programs/Search Bar not working

1. Bad Image Error/Can't Download Gamecaster/Can't Uninstall Programs/Search Bar not working - Similar Threads - Bad Image Error

2. Can't uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall a program: I see this every time I try to uninstall a program on windows, how do I fix this? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-uninstall-a-program/8fec66db-f709-4dff-b41a-bbff2e404d84
  3. Can't uninstall programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't uninstall programs: My computer was incredibly slow, so I uninstalled a bunch of programs. Just games and such - nothing system-essential to my knowledge. It actually did the trick, my computer is not operating at normal speed. However, somewhere in the process, I lost the ability to do further...
  4. Can't Uninstall a program.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Uninstall a program.: Hi I installed Solarwinds SCP Server and have decided it's not for me. I've gone into Control Panel / Uninstall or Change a program and selected it to Uninstall. After a couple of seconds I get a screen with a red background saying 'This app has been blocked for your...
  5. can't uninstall program

can't uninstall program: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/vybqdetgfya61.jpg?width=535&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=809a050413789fee7ef8c1a406a90983c3b64578 gives me this message every time, i don't even know where this program came from submitted by /u/bleachboyvevo [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't get rid of Bad Image error.

Can't get rid of Bad Image error.: My PC has never had a problem quite like this one. All of a sudden today I started getting bad image errors when trying to launch apps. I can't use anything other than Google Chrome at the moment. I've done some research about this problem, and it seems that most people with...
  7. Can't search in Windows anymore or uninstall programs

Can't search in Windows anymore or uninstall programs: So some context. This started about 3 days ago to be exact before I updated my windows to the latest version today. 3 days ago I noticed I could not right click to copy or paste as the options were no longer in the selection. That was fine since I had control c and v. Fast...
  8. Origin.exe - Bad image. Can't open/install a certain program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Origin.exe - Bad image. Can't open/install a certain program: Hello. I can't open a program I could open before updates. It's called Origin. It's for games. It shows a message - Origin.exe - Bad image "WINDOWS/system32/mswsock.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using...
  9. Can't uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't uninstall a program: I had downloaded and installed DAZ 3D 4.10 64 bit, and Hexigon 2.52, but they don't work well on my PC and I wanted to uninstall, I can't find them in my program files. I was able to uninstall their installer, but the apps are still on my PC and I can't find the files to...
  10. Can't uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't uninstall a program: I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10, but it told me I need to uninstall Buffalo TurboPC EX Series. I looked in the uninstall a program screen, and couldn't find it. Is there a way to uninstall it? 19575