Windows 10: Bad Image Error - Tried fixing it multiple times but still no luck

Discus and support Bad Image Error - Tried fixing it multiple times but still no luck in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. This problem started about a week or two ago, and I have tried what I think is everything to fix it. But even through all my attempts I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sockwad, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Sockwad Win User

Bad Image Error - Tried fixing it multiple times but still no luck

Hello. This problem started about a week or two ago, and I have tried what I think is everything to fix it. But even through all my attempts I still haven't managed to solve the problem. Here is the error message:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WINHTTP.dll is either not designed too run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0xc0000020.

Note that I cannot download most files. I tried downloading an Anti-virus software but it canceled out and could not open. I tried restarting my computer. Didn't work. I tried replacing the winhttp file and that didnt work. I even tried System Restoring it to a time before this happened and it somehow still would not fix it. I took out the two ram sticks I have and switched their slots this works for a lot of problems for some reason and that didn't work. The only thing I haven't done yet that I am aware of is running it in safe mode. The error message says to redownload the things I am trying to run but I can't download them again because the error stops me.

I've really reached the end of my rope here and would like to fix the problem. Thank you for your help.

:)

Sockwad, Mar 30, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Windows Bad Image error

Hi Laura,

To better assist you regarding the “Windows bad Image error message” on your computer, please clarify the following:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Since when are you experiencing the issue?
    • Is it still an ongoing issue on your computer?
    • Any recent changes made prior to the issue?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Bad Image Error

Hello there, earlier today I downloaded the latest update for windows after putting it off for a while but I fully regret this.

Skype Classic, Adobe Photoshop and a third program I'm not sure of now suffer from Bad Image errors, I've tried multiple fixes to no avail. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

JosephBarker1, Mar 30, 2020
  4. DOM
    dom Win User

Bad Image errors?

Bad Image Error - Tried fixing it multiple times but still no luck [​IMG]
    Hi

I updated my Mozy backup software 3 days ago & ever since then my ASUS laptop is unusable. Once it boots up, which takes more then an hour, every task I ask takes many minutes to over an hour to complete. I also get an error message "Bad Image"? The first bad image was related to Chrome so I uninstalled Chrome but that did not help & now I am getting a "Bad Image" error related to "iCloudPhoto.exe". I tried to uninstall iCloud but was unsuccessful. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

PS: I did a factory reset so please ignore this.

Thema:

1. Bad Image Error - Tried fixing it multiple times but still no luck - Similar Threads - Bad Image Error

2. Multiple BSODs, Tried some fixes and no luck, Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs, Tried some fixes and no luck, Win 11: I occasionally share a laptop with my brother for any varied reasons, and the computer used to run fine, sometimes with occasional bsods, so it didn't bother me, up until now, ive been getting multiple bsods so frequently that sometimes i can't even use the computer 5 mins...
  3. Multiple BSODs, Tried some fixes and no luck, Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs, Tried some fixes and no luck, Win 11: I occasionally share a laptop with my brother for any varied reasons, and the computer used to run fine, sometimes with occasional bsods, so it didn't bother me, up until now, ive been getting multiple bsods so frequently that sometimes i can't even use the computer 5 mins...
  4. Multiple BSODs, tried multiple fixes and still no luck.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs, tried multiple fixes and still no luck.: Recently my PC has been giving me BSODs every time I load it, within 1 minute of launching to windows. The errors are MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, ATTEMPTED_TO_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY.I have tried multiple fixes, from switching parts such as the motherboard and my...
  5. Multiple BSODs, tried multiple fixes and still no luck.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs, tried multiple fixes and still no luck.: Recently my PC has been giving me BSODs every time I load it, within 1 minute of launching to windows. The errors are MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, ATTEMPTED_TO_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY.I have tried multiple fixes, from switching parts such as the motherboard and my...
  6. Cant Fix the Bad Image error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant Fix the Bad Image error: After a year's worth of updates computer was in storage while I was travelling, I am getting a bag image error, from the file "wpfgfx_v0400.dll" within the Microsoft NET Framework folder. I cant delete the corrupted file and replace it, as I apparently lack the right...
  7. Bad image error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad image error: I have not been on my laptop for a little while and just ended up cutting it on and the bad image error popped up, i cant even log in, it says the error status is 0xc000012f. I have tried to look and see anyway i could fix it, and all the things ive looked at you have to be...
  8. Bad Image Error Fix??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bad Image Error Fix??: I have an old desktop and I put some new parts in there recently while it was running off of the free version of windows. I had put in a windows key and tried to activate it hoping to start the updates on the computer from 1703 to current windows version, and I'm getting the...
  9. Multiple BSOD errors from multiple drivers, no luck fixing so far

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD errors from multiple drivers, no luck fixing so far: Multiple BSODs over the last year, sometimes while logging in, sometimes after 15 minutes of running. Have tried SFC/SCANNOW, memory test, CHKDSK, all with no reported errors. Did a system restore to Windows 8 a while back and kept getting BSODs. Could it be a hard drive...
  10. bad luck

in Windows 10 Support
    bad luck: I'am new to the pc community and i want some advise from you guys about Windows 10 because i bought a pc with windows 7 enterprise in it ,before Microsoft announced the free Windows 10 upgrade and the worse part is that enterprise is't with the free package , now is there a...