Windows 10: Bad Image – MSVCP140.dll error

Discus and support Bad Image – MSVCP140.dll error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently updated to the latest version - windows 10 1809 - and now this is the message I get when I try to open the third party softwares I had(about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarvinKilinga, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Bad Image – MSVCP140.dll error

I recently updated to the latest version - windows 10 1809 - and now this is the message I get when I try to open the third party softwares I had(about 10 of 'em) ; Windows Warning: Bad Image – MSVCP140.dll not designed to run on Windows. ... C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor support. I'm using a Samsung windows tablet, corei5 with 4gb ram.

:)

MarvinKilinga, Feb 24, 2019

2. MSOSYNC.EXE Bad Image Error MSVCP140.dll

MSOSYNC.EXE bad image C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll

This keeps popping up and I have to click "OK" like 3 to 6 times before it stops popping up. This happens whenever I turn my screen on and it really bothers me, I don't know how to get rid of it. I opened the command prompt and tried to "DISM.exe /Online
    /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" but even after that was done "The operation completed successfully," but nothing changed.

I don't know what else to do, this has been an incessant problem for the last week and I want it to stop. What can I do to make this pop-up stop for good.

EmilieFlores, Feb 24, 2019
  3. John Ado Win User
    MSVCP140.dll

Hi,

This occurs when the program you are trying to run requires the MSVCP140.dll file to be present on your computer system. MSVCP140.dll is a Microsoft C Runtime Library file of size around 626 KB, located in the System32 folder, and is installed by Microsoft
    Visual Studio. If any DLL file goes missing or gets corrupted, you can see such error messages on your screen.

With that in mind, we'd like to know:

• Does it only affect a specific program?
    • Were you able to launch this program before?
    • Have you tried reinstalling the program?

If you have reinstalled the app the issue still persists, download and install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio

here

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Feb 24, 2019
  4. Bad Image – MSVCP140.dll error

latest update has resulted in lots of .exe bad image pop-ups and i can't open excel either.

Hello

THe first error is on start up

It's updaterestartuputility.exe - Bad Image

Files \Adobe\adobeGCClient\AdobeGCUpdater.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. try installing the program again using the original installations media or contact system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error
    status 0xc000012f

Then get

applePhotoStreams.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\system32\MSVCP120.dll then same as above

Then

iCloudServices.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\system32\MSVCP140.dll then same as above

Then

ApplePhotoStreams.exe - Bad Image

C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR120.dll then same as above

Then

Then

Then

ApplePhotoStreams.exe - Bad Image

Then

icloudPhotos.exe - Bad Image

Then

Then

Then iCloudDrive.exe - Bad Image

Then

APSDaemon.exe - Bad Image

Then

APSDaemon.exe - Bad Image

Reader _sl Bad Image

I lost this error as pressed Ok too soon sorry

If I open excel I get

Excel.exe - Bad Image

and excel won't open

I'd be grateful for any help to fix this - thank you

josmith1971, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Bad Image – MSVCP140.dll error

1. Bad Image – MSVCP140.dll error - Similar Threads - Bad Image –

2. vccorlib140.dll Bad Image Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vccorlib140.dll Bad Image Error: I keep getting this error, it's really annoying. I've been trying to fix it by uninstalling Visual Studio 2015 and 2017, then reinstalling them, as I've seen in other answers, but every time I install Visual Studio 2017x86 the 2015 ones disappear from Control Panel. The other...
  3. MSVCP140.dll Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MSVCP140.dll Error: After installing gSyncit on my Surface Pro X, I received the following error: the procedure entry point_c_specific_handler could not be located in the dynamic link library c:/program files x86\microsoftoffice\root\office16\msvcp140.dll I have tried uninstalling and...
  4. MSVCP140.dll error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MSVCP140.dll error: Hello, I keep getting an error that says "the code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found" while trying to install a program. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msvcp140dll-error/daff9d1e-5ed5-40ab-b344-2c478c3f7042
  5. MSVCP140.dll Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MSVCP140.dll Error: Hi, After installing the latest updates to Windows 10 i.e. Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004, I am getting the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\MSVCP140.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Can you please help? Thanks & Regards Rupak...
  6. Bad Image MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll

Bad Image MSVCP140.dll and VCRUNTIME140.dll: Hi, For the past week I have gotten a lot of bad image messages. At first it was with my adobe programmes, and it seemed to be every single dll wasn't working. I have my adobe programmes on another laptop so I deleted them all from this laptop and didn't have any other...
  7. msvcp140.dll

msvcp140.dll: I just had an update to Windows 10 and now I am getting an error stating MSVCP140.dllis either not designed to run on Windows or contains an error. I tried deleting the file but it comes back with "file is open in wlanext.exe" and am unable to delete I am unable to open any...
  8. Bad Image MSVCP120.dll and MSVCP140.dll with ERROR 0xc000012f

Bad Image MSVCP120.dll and MSVCP140.dll with ERROR 0xc000012f: Bad Image MSVCP120.dll and MSVCP140.dll with ERROR 0xc000012f with several .exe files - acrobat, HRBlock, icloudservices, etc. This is a Windows 7 machine that was updated to Windows 10....
  9. Error msg for MSVCP140.dll

Error msg for MSVCP140.dll: After "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 amd64 2019-03" applied yesterday 3/14/19 when I try to exec Powerpoint / Excel / Outlook, I get error msg for MSVCP140.dll Bad Image What gives, MS Word and Outlook appear to work as needed....
  10. Bad image and .dll errors

Bad image and .dll errors: I keep getting bad image, dll errors, and I'm unable to download anything. Originally I thought this was because of an update so I used the fresh start ability to restart everything and I still get the same errors. Could anybody help diagnose my problem?...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. msvcp140.dll bad image

2. vcruntime140.dll bad image

3. msvcp140.dll 0xc000012f

4. reader_sl.exe msvcp140.dll,
  5. pilote MSVP140.dll#gsc.tab=0,
  6. excel.exe bad image vcruntime140.dll,
  7. bad image msvcp140.dll,
  8. system32 vcruntime140.dll bad image,
  9. applephotostreams.exe - bad image,
  10. msvcp140 bad,
  11. c:windows\system32\msvcp140.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. error status 0xc0e90002,
  12. i get the message excel.exe error and then c:\windows\vcruntime140.dll,
  13. excel current dll driver msvp140.dll,
  14. msvcp140.dll error status 0x000046e,
  15. msvcp140 windows 10 0xc000012f