Windows 10: Bad image pop up on switching on laptop or opening certain apps like Spotify or OneDrive

Discus and support Bad image pop up on switching on laptop or opening certain apps like Spotify or OneDrive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG] Dis dialogue box appears when i switch on my laptop or open certain apps This started 3 to 4 days back, i hope for this problem to be solved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by swastiiksharma, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Bad image pop up on switching on laptop or opening certain apps like Spotify or OneDrive

Bad image pop up on switching on laptop or opening certain apps like Spotify or OneDrive [​IMG]

Dis dialogue box appears when i switch on my laptop or open certain apps

This started 3 to 4 days back, i hope for this problem to be solved soon

:)

swastiiksharma, Aug 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 6, 2019
  3. Windows Store App (Spotify) "Can't open"

Whenever i try to open spotify on the windows store, it just says "This app can't open. Check the store for more details about spotify." I check the store downloads page and spotify says "needs repairs".

So far i've tried:

- Repairing Spotify using the settings app

- Resetting Spotify using the settings app

- Uninstalling and reinstalling spotify with the settings app

- Deleting the spotify directory in /AppData/Roaming

- Doing all of these steps and then restarting

- Installing spotify off the website (which doesnt work because now windows store decides that its version is better)

I love using spotify and i desperately need a fix. Its getting really annoying. Any ideas?

charliehseymour, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Bad image pop up on switching on laptop or opening certain apps like Spotify or OneDrive

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Bad image pop up on switching on laptop or opening certain apps like Spotify or OneDrive :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Bad image pop up on switching on laptop or opening certain apps like Spotify or OneDrive

1. Bad image pop up on switching on laptop or opening certain apps like Spotify or OneDrive - Similar Threads - Bad image pop

2. Onedrive Bad Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Bad Image: I get this message whenever my computer turns on and it seems to stop me from opening Onedrive from the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-bad-image/f4534852-f5c9-4c49-99b8-e4d22a1d9409
  3. Onedrive Bad Image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Bad Image: I get this message whenever my computer turns on and it seems to stop me from opening Onedrive from the start menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-bad-image/f4534852-f5c9-4c49-99b8-e4d22a1d9409
  4. How to fix .dll files pop up Bad Image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix .dll files pop up Bad Image: Bad ImageC:\Windows\System32\[file name].dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status...
  5. How to fix .dll files pop up Bad Image

How to fix .dll files pop up Bad Image: Bad ImageC:\Windows\System32\[file name].dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status...
  6. Bad Image Error when opening certain programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad Image Error when opening certain programs: I am in need of help. Currently any time Steam, Origin, SD Tray, and other applications open, I receive an error that says "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VERSION.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original...
  7. OneDrive Bad Image

OneDrive Bad Image: Whenever I start up my laptop, this message pops up. Is there a way to fix this so it stops doing that? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-bad-image/755a29c9-dbd0-4fb6-bb83-4e9ac73bb650
  8. Bad Image pop up when trying to use certain apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad Image pop up when trying to use certain apps: So a few months back I noticed after I reinstalled Razer Synapse I started getting an error any time my computer booted up or I tried to open the application "RzSynapse.exe - Bad Image C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\msvcp100.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains...
  9. Spotify posting Bad image in Windows.UI.DLL

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spotify posting Bad image in Windows.UI.DLL: Hello, When i start spotify i get the following error message. [ATTACH] It happens at startup and twice the first time i start a song. Already tried uninstalling spotify and installing it both from their webpage and from the windows app store. Same result on both....
  10. Origin.exe - Bad image. Can't open/install a certain program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Origin.exe - Bad image. Can't open/install a certain program: Hello. I can't open a program I could open before updates. It's called Origin. It's for games. It shows a message - Origin.exe - Bad image "WINDOWS/system32/mswsock.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. one drive bad image error