Windows 10: Bad image quality compared to Netflix App on Smart TV

Discus and support Bad image quality compared to Netflix App on Smart TV in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a PC connected to our PC on the living room. We always use this for mainly Netflix and the occasional game. Today my little boy pulled a bit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/P31Y889, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Bad image quality compared to Netflix App on Smart TV

I have a PC connected to our PC on the living room. We always use this for mainly Netflix and the occasional game.

Today my little boy pulled a bit hard on the HDMI cable and broke it. So we had to switch to the Netflix App on the TV.

I noticed straight away the image quality is sooo much better. Same TV, Same Netflix Account, Same image settings on TV.

What settings in Windows could I change to match that? My graphics card is not an RTX 3090 but sure the Radeon 580 is capable of for.

Could the scaling in Windows be responsible? All feedback welcome.

submitted by /u/P31Y889
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/P31Y889, Jan 4, 2021
  2. John Zab Win User

Windows 10 Netflix App

Hi Brennan,

To help you regarding with the issue on displaying Netflix app on 2nd monitor (TV), kindly give us details on the following:

• Is this issue isolated to Netflix app?
    • Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    In the meantime, you can try these steps:

• Press Windows + P.
    • A side window pane should appear on your PC screen saying Project.
    • Select Duplicate from the list.
    • Then check if Netflix will now play video on the 2nd screen (TV).
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Smart TV

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • What is the make and model of your Smart TV?
    • Have you tried checking with your Smart TV's manufacturer if there were any available firmware updates?
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Bad image quality compared to Netflix App on Smart TV

Windows 10 Netflix App

I have tried that solution. To no avail. It appears to be just the netflix app.

We have not made any changes to the computer or the TV. We have tried different HDMI Cables, different HDMI inputs, different outputs. Any other troubleshooting advice?

BrennanWoodbury, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Bad image quality compared to Netflix App on Smart TV

1. Bad image quality compared to Netflix App on Smart TV - Similar Threads - Bad image quality

2. Bad image quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad image quality: My screen is showing squares for colour gradients May not be colour gradients; I dont know what its called. See attached image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-image-quality/9829d6b2-493c-44ee-b52c-267c3e2d100d
  3. Bad image quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad image quality: My screen is showing squares for colour gradients May not be colour gradients; I dont know what its called. See attached image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-image-quality/9829d6b2-493c-44ee-b52c-267c3e2d100d
  4. Smart TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Smart TV: The teacher is using a laptop and SMART TV. She can see her screen on the TV and the icons she requires in the taskbar but when she clicks on them they do not open on the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-tv/022df5a5-d0f2-4995-8398-f4542a313951
  5. Smart TV app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart TV app: I have two 2 Windows 10 Desktop PCs. There is a problem that affects both computers. A description of the problem is explained below.THE PROBLEM: For some unknown reason, on the Control Panel’s “DEVICES and PRINTERS” page, under the “Multimedia Devices” section, the “Smart...
  6. Smart TV app

Smart TV app: I have two 2 Windows 10 Desktop PCs. There is a problem that affects both computers. A description of the problem is explained below.THE PROBLEM: For some unknown reason, on the Control Panel’s “DEVICES and PRINTERS” page, under the “Multimedia Devices” section, the “Smart...
  7. Smart TV app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. smart tv

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart tv: Hi I am a bit worried! I saw this by accident when looking around. I live in a 1 up 1 down flat. Because downstairs did not use the internet much and did not have internet, I let him use mine when he needed to. Which I didnt mind, hes over 50 and not a gamer etc on...
  9. Netflix Sound Quality

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Netflix Sound Quality: I finally got around to updating Windows 10 on my Dell Inspiron 13 7000 a couple days ago. Since then, when I try to stream any content on Netflix, the audio is all distorted. It sounds like a demon talking in my computer, not gonna lie haha. However, my Youtube and Spotify...
  10. Netflix App Low Quality Streaming

Netflix App Low Quality Streaming: After upgrading to Win 10 my streaming quality is lousy in my NF app. I don't see any settings for this. Any help appreciated. 19185