Windows 10: Bad Input Mic behavior reversed is it Hardware ?

Discus and support Bad Input Mic behavior reversed is it Hardware ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having a problem with my front mic input when I try to plug in my headset mic. It works with the back-panel input but front input does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FH34130, Jul 9, 2020.

1. FH34130 Win User

Bad Input Mic behavior reversed is it Hardware ?

Hi,

I'm having a problem with my front mic input when I try to plug in my headset mic. It works with the back-panel input but front input does not work.

I had a deep look and I found something strange with this input...

Normally back mic input behaves like that the device status is 'not connected' when my mic jack is not connected and it turn “connected” as soon as I plug the device. But for the front device, It’s the complete opposite. Its connected when nothing is connected and turn disconnected when the mic is plugged.

Do you think it could be a software/driver or anything configuration problem or is it Hardware?

Regards

FRED

:)

FH34130, Jul 9, 2020
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Jul 9, 2020
  3. nokia lumia 920 mic problem

I've also been having a mic issue for a while (four months), but all of the other discussions don't quite describe what I've experienced. I just upgraded to 8.1 hoping that would fix the issue, but it still hasn't been resolved. Here's what I'm experiencing
    (Lumia 920):

• Mic does not pick up audio input to Cortana.
    • Mic does not pick up audio input when listening for music, although it always finds the exact same song (Spaceflight).
    • People I talk to say the audio is usually muffled somewhat. It seems to be random: Sometimes they hear me better on speaker, sometimes close to mic, and sometimes the call quality seems to become worse a few seconds into the call. Sometimes cycling
      the speaker on then off makes it better.
    • Using a bluetooth headset for audio input does work fine.
    • Mic does not pick up audio recordings (like in OneNote), tested making sure both mics were clear, then covered one mic, then the other. All I hear from the recording is straight static.
    • Phone does recognize whether or not headphones are plugged in (seemed to be a recurring issue among some).
    • Interestingly, mic DOES pick up audio in recorded videos.
    Troubleshooting steps:

• Cleaned out holes on both mics.
    • Reboot phone.
    • Soft reset phone.
    • Update phone to WP 8.1 dev preview.
    The phone's over a year old, so yeah I know I'm not getting a warranty replacement or anything. I'm torn whether this is a hardware issue (because software updates don't seem to affect it) or a software issue (because there are limited circumstances where
    the issue doesn't occur). If it's a hardware issue I'll probably just get a new phone (a 930 would be sweet, but alas, I live in the US). If it's a software issue I'd like to know if there are any bug-fixing steps I can try.

Justin

Stunrunner---01, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Bad Input Mic behavior reversed is it Hardware ?

Headset mic not working

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This might occur when some of the mic setting got corrupted.

I would suggest you to try running Recording audio troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Recording Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Bad Input Mic behavior reversed is it Hardware ?

1. Bad Input Mic behavior reversed is it Hardware ? - Similar Threads - Bad Input Mic

2. Mic working but no input in apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic working but no input in apps: Hello! For some reason my integrated microphone isn't working anymore in apps. I have an laptop Lenovo Ideapad 320 i5 7200u but I have a hard time finding drivers for it....
  3. mic working but no input in apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mic working but no input in apps: Hi, i use asus vivobook mic in my laptop works according to the test mic results in settings. But there is no input in any of the apps other than cortana, i've checked the privacy setting of those apps discord, whatsapp web, zoom, chrome etc they're all allowed to use the mic...
  4. mic working but no input in apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mic working but no input in apps: Hi, i use asus zenbook 14 2021 model, i7 11th gen. mic in my laptop works according to the test mic results in settings. But there is no input in any of the apps other than cortana, i've checked the privacy setting of those apps discord, whatsapp web, zoom, chrome etc they're...
  5. MIC Input showing "No Input Device Found"

MIC Input showing "No Input Device Found": Hi,In Dell Inspiron 5590 laptop has a inbuilt MIC. It was working fine. During the last two days, it has stopped working.I go to "Settings"--> "System"-->"Sound". "Input --- Choose your input device" displays "No Input Devices Found".The above is found if I connect an...
  6. Mic hardware not detected

Mic hardware not detected: So I have multiple audio devices on this pc, Nvidia HDMI, Realtek onboard sound chip, creative sound blaster, and 4k camera with mic. Win10 detects and loads all the drivers for every sound device shows default or ready except for the Realtek 2nd front panel mic, it also...
  7. Mic detected but not receiving input

Mic detected but not receiving input: edition Windows 10 Home Single Language x64 version 20H2 installed in ‎04/‎03/‎2021 SO compilation 19042.631 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 I have an Acer aspire of around 3 years, in 04/03/2021 I clean reinstalled windows on it because I bought a Kingston 480...
  8. Mic detected, but no input.

Mic detected, but no input.: I have my mic plugged in. Its using a split connecter, for the mic, and headset. I can hear perfectly fine, and windows detects both the mic and the headset. keep in mind the mic is apart of the headset. I have tried everything with the wires, and nothing works. I can hear,...
  9. Keyboard input for " and @ reversed

Keyboard input for " and @ reversed: On using shift+2, I should get @, but I get a " On using shift+' I should get ", but I get a @ Please suggest a solution. This had happened previously, and I'd managed to reset by changing the input language from Indonesian to UK English It's not working this time....
  10. Mic input on phone/mic jack for Dell

Mic input on phone/mic jack for Dell: I cannot get two of audio sound recording device to work in Windows 10. The laptop inbuilt "Microphone Array" device does work along with another input from a HDMI capture card via USBc; but I want to use input through the mixer mic/output jack, and a USB connected headset....