Windows 10: Bad Internet/LAN - Please Help If You Can

Discus and support Bad Internet/LAN - Please Help If You Can in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’ve been trying for weeks to get a working installation of Windows 10 on my PC, but it seems whatever I try, there’s always a serious internet/LAN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dougal, Dec 7, 2016.

1. Dougal Win User

Bad Internet/LAN - Please Help If You Can

I’ve been trying for weeks to get a working installation of Windows 10 on my PC, but it seems whatever I try, there’s always a serious internet/LAN issue.

Hardware as follows:
    Asus P8Z68-V Pro
    Intel i7 2600k
    16Gb DDR3 RAM
    nVidia GTX970
    Current OS: Windows 7 Pro (x64)

Whether I install Windows 10 by upgrading, or running a clean installation, the problem remains the same…. Although no errors show in the Device Manager after installation, the PC is always left with a constantly disconnecting and reconnecting network/internet. After searching Google and YouTube, it seems this is a common issue, but none of the ‘fixes’ found online work for meL

I’ve tried adding a separate PCIe NIC card, which DOES stay connected, but only reaches a fraction of its listed download speed (although upload speeds seem normal).

We have another system in the house, with almost identical hardware specs, only a lower variant of the same Asus motherboard, and this works just fine!

Please can anyone help me with this? I'm disabled and depend heavily (too heavily it seems) on my PC.
    I’m pulling my hair out with this!!!

:)

Dougal, Dec 7, 2016
  2. Alex Domb Win User

Please help if you can - is there a way to transfer your text message history from a Kin oneM phone to your computer?

thats too bad. thank you for helping, though

Alex Domb, Dec 7, 2016
  3. Please help if you can - is there a way to transfer your text message history from a Kin oneM phone to your computer?

Hello. Sorry but there is no way to do that. The KIN Studio service was supposed to do that but that service was shutdown long ago. Some people have resorted to taking a
    screenshot
    and emailing it back to themselves for the most important ones.

Resourceful, Dec 7, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

WiFi or Ethernet? Have you checked the cables and connections between the computer and the router?

NavyLCDR, Dec 7, 2016
  5. Dougal Win User
    Its Ethernet, hence the "separate PCIe NIC card" I've tried swapping the cables over with the functioning system to no avail.

Dougal, Dec 7, 2016
  6. Grom0X Win User
    Grom0X, Dec 7, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Is the cable connecting the computer directly to the router?

NavyLCDR, Dec 7, 2016
  8. Dougal Win User

yes

Dougal, Dec 7, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would watch the link lights on the router and/or computer to see if they turn on and off with the connection/disconnection. Then, as ZyKLon mentioned try a driver from the manufacturer, but I cannot vouch for the authenticity of station-drivers.com

NavyLCDR, Dec 7, 2016
  10. Dougal Win User
    Yes, i've watched and tested the router thoroughly. The disconnection is DEFINATELY at the PC. I'm just finishing some tests with other PC, then will restore windows10 yet again with Acronis, and try that driver.

Dougal, Dec 7, 2016
  11. Neemobeer Win User
    I wonder if it's an issue with dead gateway detection. Try disabling it, reboot and test

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters
    DWORD : EnableDeadGWDetect 0

Neemobeer, Dec 7, 2016
  12. Dougal Win User
    Well, that's a bizarre result.... It 'appears' to fix the disconnecting issue, but also DRAMATICALLY reduces bandwidth. I loose about 3/4 of my download speed with this driver.
    This is driving me nuts:-(

Dougal, Dec 7, 2016
  13. Grom0X Win User

Sorry about that, but you can easily uninstall drivers in Control panel.

Grom0X, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Bad Internet/LAN - Please Help If You Can - Similar Threads - Bad Internet LAN

2. Can you help me please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can you help me please: My keyboard was working fine suddenly some keys started to not work 1-4-7-del-numpad-spacebar-downarrow after that it started working normally and another set isnt working 2-5-8-insert-rightarrow and when i press asmuch keys as possible with my hands it works for like 10...
  3. Can you help me please

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can you help me please: My keyboard was working fine suddenly some keys started to not work 1-4-7-del-numpad-spacebar-downarrow after that it started working normally and another set isnt working 2-5-8-insert-rightarrow and when i press asmuch keys as possible with my hands it works for like 10...
  4. Can you help me? Please.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me? Please.: Hi! The pc was recently updated into windows 11 or 10, I think. I forgot. But today, I removed all the wires, unplugged it because I was cleaning. Now, I returned the wires and turned on the pc but all the apps on the display screen wasn't there. Also, when I open my Google...
  5. Can you help me? Please.

Can you help me? Please.: Hi! The pc was recently updated into windows 11 or 10, I think. I forgot. But today, I removed all the wires, unplugged it because I was cleaning. Now, I returned the wires and turned on the pc but all the apps on the display screen wasn't there. Also, when I open my Google...
  6. can you please help me!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can you please help me!!!: I am so frustrated!! I cant change my password for any of my microsoft accounts. I can log on with my windows computer but nothing else. When I try to change the password, I go to settings then copy and paste the current password, type new password and it tells me current...
  7. can you please help me!!!

can you please help me!!!: I am so frustrated!! I cant change my password for any of my microsoft accounts. I can log on with my windows computer but nothing else. When I try to change the password, I go to settings then copy and paste the current password, type new password and it tells me current...
  8. Can you help me, please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me, please: I can install it, but when I click on the game, it says d11 was not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-please/7e78aa1d-418a-47a0-a455-df4fb58856ee
  9. Can you please help me?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can you please help me?: My laptop is lagging very hard from a system restore point and I am now stuck in an endless loop of system recovery that does nothing! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-please-help-me/3c3112d3-57dd-4e59-aa66-d51a79219a84
  10. Can you help me please?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you help me please?: Cúncep Pastor Dl. 19/7/2021 14:23 I cannot send images from my mobile to my E-mail address because it says "Undeliverable": Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: Cúncep Pastor @hotmail.com Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider...