Windows 10: Bad keyboard showing hit keys

Discus and support Bad keyboard showing hit keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I use Windows 10 with a HP Pavilion w2207v and a keyboard: Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd, HP ModelKG - 10617. Bios AMI Version: 8.12 Date:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by regus83, Jul 10, 2019.

1. regus83 Win User

Bad keyboard showing hit keys

Hello,

I use Windows 10 with a HP Pavilion w2207v and a keyboard: Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd, HP ModelKG - 10617. Bios AMI Version: 8.12 Date: 14/12/2012.

I'm having a keyboard problem (Without correction this would give:" I am= having a keyboard probl:em=")

The Key "j" becomes "j,", "l" becomes "l:", "m" becomes "m!", "È" becomes "è;", "ù" becomes "^ ù", The comma becomes "J," the semicolon becomes "è;", the two dots become "l:" The exclamation mark becomes "m!", L: the question mark becomes "J?" The dot becomes "7.", The slash becomes "L /".

Moreover while using "Shift" + the numeric keys of the top of the keyboard I get the right numbers.

The numeric keypad with once the key "Num Lock" pressed allows the display from 1 to 5 but to continue it is necessary to press the "Num Lock" key a second time, and the result is obtained with an anomaly on the "8" which becomes "/ 8".

There are probably many other anomalies of the same type ...
    On the other hand, the virtual keyboard works correctly.

To try to correct this I realized:

1 / Changing the keyboard batteries: without result.

2 / Passage of antivirus, anti malware: Secuser, Avast, Malware Hunter, Spybot: no anomaly found.

3 / Returned to a restored point on a date before this problem occurs (which appeared two days ago with almost impossible to open the password of the PC which has an "8" that the key systematically turns into "/ 8 "). Maneuvering without result.

4 / Update drivers with Driver Booster. No result

5 / Check the keyboard driver. Up to date.

6 / Uninstalled and then reinstalled the keyboard. No result.

7 / Checked the language setting: I am good in French.

8 / Launched a "sfc / scan." No abnormality detected.

Having no idea to eradicate this very disabling problem, perhaps someone would have a proposal for a solution to try? In advance my best thanks for any help.

:)

regus83, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 10, 2019
  3. [SOLVED] Budget keyboard with QUIET keys and/or small keys? Business or gaming.

UPDATE: after some suggestions on various keyboards, i ultimately landed on the suggested keyboard named CHERRY STREAM 3.0 - and wow! what an a-m-a-z-i-n-g keyboard this is!! the feel is just great, the keys fit me so good, it's even more quiet than apples keyboard, they keys are as small as they should be AND it was surprisingly CHEAP compared to other keyboards! and nice bonuses (for me): it contains USEFUL shortkeys/media keys which i use frequently. the quality feels stunningly great, which again results in the keyboard being rather heavy comparing to my other "old" keyboards, not that it's such a bad thing, tbh. the only but yet so small negative thing i can point out with this is the fact that the lighting for the lock-buttons is VERY bright, so when you are watching a movie, they certainly are making its strong shine. i do believe there might be a way to fix that, though. i just havent gotten that far yet. OVERALL: this keyboard is the BEST keyboard i've had AND tried so far for my purposes! probably one of the best all-around keyboards there is under $50. totally worth the blind buy i did, and i have suggested the keyboard to my friends who are also looking for an excellent keyboard, which is what cherry stream 3.0 is! totally recommended and worth the wait!!

minstreless, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Bad keyboard showing hit keys

Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Bad keyboard showing hit keys

1. Bad keyboard showing hit keys - Similar Threads - Bad keyboard showing

2. hitting the v key also "hits" the enter key, and vice versa. it is as if the keys are linked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hitting the v key also "hits" the enter key, and vice versa. it is as if the keys are linked: each time i hit either key, it goes to next line or sends whatever i am typing, I have tried to reinstall the drivers but i do not think it is actually doing anything. This is an example of how my keyboard is currently functioning, i am going to press v 10 times without...
  3. hitting the v key also "hits" the enter key, and vice versa. it is as if the keys are linked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hitting the v key also "hits" the enter key, and vice versa. it is as if the keys are linked: each time i hit either key, it goes to next line or sends whatever i am typing, I have tried to reinstall the drivers but i do not think it is actually doing anything. This is an example of how my keyboard is currently functioning, i am going to press v 10 times without...
  4. hitting the v key also "hits" the enter key, and vice versa. it is as if the keys are linked

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. When I hit a character on the keyboard and then hit the spacebar, I type a special...

When I hit a character on the keyboard and then hit the spacebar, I type a special...: I have tried to change the keyboard layouts. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-hit-a-character-on-the-keyboard-and-then/931adfd3-7e99-437d-964a-b440078624d5
  6. Keyboard keeps beeping every time I hit a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keeps beeping every time I hit a key: This problem only started yesterday, which confused me. I haven’t changed any settings in the past day or two, so I was confused where the problem came from. Whenever I would hit a key, a beeping sound would play. I tried turning Filter Keys, Sticky Keys, and pretty much...
  7. Keyboard keeps beeping every time I hit a key

Keyboard keeps beeping every time I hit a key: This problem only started yesterday, which confused me. I haven’t changed any settings in the past day or two, so I was confused where the problem came from. Whenever I would hit a key, a beeping sound would play. I tried turning Filter Keys, Sticky Keys, and pretty much...
  8. When I hit the "Delete" key?

When I hit the "Delete" key?: On my Mac, I am using excel and have created a random name on a worksheet. When I hit the "Delete" key it acts like the "F9" key and calculates the random formula.i used rand and rank and match if that helps.how can I correct this?...
  9. taskbar showing when mouse hits it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar showing when mouse hits it: when im playing a game and the mouse come over the taskbar or the topbar it shows and i dont want that to happen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-showing-when-mouse-hits-it/f3ee2104-81fb-4d22-9684-48f022479749
  10. Left arrow key hits a random combination of keys

Left arrow key hits a random combination of keys: i don't know how to best describe it, so i'll start from the beginning. i was playing Google Earth VR when all of a sudden the music gave out. i looked at my desktop, and nothing seemed wrong until i tried clicking around and opening my browser. for some reason, something...