Windows 10: Bad mouse stutter when cpu usage is high, can't find solution

Discus and support Bad mouse stutter when cpu usage is high, can't find solution in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently made a post here about this problem, got some help, and the problem went away shortly. However, it quickly came back. When my cpu usage is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SamDaHuman, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Bad mouse stutter when cpu usage is high, can't find solution

I recently made a post here about this problem, got some help, and the problem went away shortly. However, it quickly came back. When my cpu usage is in high 90s to 100%, my mouse starts stuttering severely. This mainly occurs when playing games, usually the ones with high cpu usage. This is extremely frustrating and makes it nearly impossible to play in high intensity situations. I have tried to fix this in so many ways. Updated almost every driver, installed new ones, uninstalled some, removed unnecessary programs, switched usb ports, performed scans and updates, and even overclocked my cpu (3.5 gHz -> 3.7). I know that the problem is not due to overheating. I dusted out my pc and fans, and tracked my cpu temperature when the stutter occured. My cpu is an AMD ryzen 3 1300x. Any help is greatly appreciated because i have spent countless hours finding as many solutions as possible, with none of them working.

submitted by /u/SamDaHuman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SamDaHuman, Apr 6, 2020

2. moving mouse cause high cpu usage for explorer.exe

I have the exact same problem. If i move the mouse fast enough CPU usage spikes. I'm assuming its 1903 related

In fact a few processes in task manager are using an abnormal amounts of power.

- - - Updated - - -

Hello, can any person confirm they're experiencing the same problem, high CPU usage while using the mouse on explorer.exe process

- - - Updated - - -

When the mouse isn't in use nothing. Now i can feel stutter in game. I have two monitors and can see the whole system isn't right. Any suggestion?

win10fuser, Apr 6, 2020
  3. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, Apr 6, 2020
  4. Bad mouse stutter when cpu usage is high, can't find solution

High CPU usage Microsoft Edge on video Streaming

Hi Sibtain,

Let's try to isolate the cause of this issue with the high CPU usage in Edge. We suggest that you clear your browsing data. Clearing your browsing data will help improve the performance of Edge. To clear, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Edge.
    • Click on the three dots icon on the upper-right part of the screen.
    • Click Settings.
    • Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.
    • Click on Clear.

You can also visit this link with a similar concern as yours and check the solution
    provided by Josette Sal.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

Bad mouse stutter when cpu usage is high, can't find solution

1. Bad mouse stutter when cpu usage is high, can't find solution - Similar Threads - Bad mouse stutter

2. High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High CPU usage: When everything is closed my CPU is using 1%, however when I play my game the CPU usage skyrockets up to 60% even though game is only using 10 - 20% of the CPU.When the game is running:When the game isn't running:...
  3. CPU usage is high

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU usage is high: My CPU usage is 50% and sometimes higher and the only thing I have opened is Google Chrome. Presentational font cache exe is using most of it and Chrome is using 10-15%. Memory usage is 60% and Chrome is using most of that. 960 mb What can I do to fix this?...
  4. high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    high cpu usage: hi,I am Krishna, my laptop having some problems with wifi. suddenly wifi is disconnecting and the adaptor is not showing wifi settings after doing a hardware scan or internet troubleshooter it is again showing the wifi settings and connecting to wifi, whenever this happens...
  5. High CPU Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU Usage: I just did a factory reset of my windows 10 because of low storage and an issue I have had before and after the reset is high CPU usage. I don't have any external anti virus. And when I get the high usage I just have to open task manager and its fine. its not even when I play...
  6. High CPU usage

High CPU usage: I have constant ongoing high CPU usage . One of the causes is a non Windows app I'm trying to rectify. The other 3 are all Windows based; WMI provider host, Antimalware Service and Services and Controller App....
  7. High cpu usage

High cpu usage: Hi guys, I have a weird problem and I can't fix it. After changing some settings in Comand Promt my computer started behaving weird. My cpu usage is high and very unstable, for no reason. In the task manager there is nothing that should cause high cpu usage, there are no...
  8. High CPU usage with Mouse Movements

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High CPU usage with Mouse Movements: Dear members: First of all let me briefly present the current configuration of my "very old" system: * Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 * Asus P5K Premium Black Pearl Edition * OCZ DDR2 PC-6400 800 MHz Reaper HPC Edition CL4 (8 GB) * Nvidia GeForce GT630 * Dell U2413 monitor * Disk...
  9. High CPU usage when moving my mouse.

High CPU usage when moving my mouse.: Basically, whenever I move my mouse in a window or program, the cpu usage of that program spikes significantly. I've also noticed that videos stutter a lot whenever i move my cursor as well. One thing I have noticed is that while using the touchpad does increase the cpu usage...
  10. Mouse stutter when high upload

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse stutter when high upload: Yesterday my bluetooth mouse started to stutter heavily to the point that I became unable to continue work on the machine. After some digging I found that this was happening because One Drive was syncing a lot of files which led me to believe this was a One Drive issue....