Windows 10: Bad Nvidia Driver

Discus and support Bad Nvidia Driver in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Even with Pro and driver installs disabled, still learning about that, let Win 10 install driver. Got notified of a new driver from Nvidia. Would not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ken1943, Oct 10, 2015.

1. ken1943 Win User

Bad Nvidia Driver

Even with Pro and driver installs disabled, still learning about that, let Win 10 install driver. Got notified of a new driver from Nvidia. Would not install because it could not find my video card. Finally got it back with an old driver still on the machine. Too late to check it all out.
    What would happen to someone that didn't know anything ? Send the repair bill to Microsoft ?

:)

ken1943, Oct 10, 2015
  2. JohnnyCat Win User
    JohnnyCat, Oct 10, 2015
  3. Holy_Geek Win User
    Nvidia driver major issue in WINDOWS 10

It really feels bad when a well working PC shows abnormal behavior after having an upgrade which is highly in demand.

I would suggest all facing this issue to please UPDATE YOUR GRAPHICS DRIVER FROM WINDOWS UPDATE AND YOUR NVIDIA DRIVER FROM "NVIDIA WEBSITE" BEFORE WINSDOWS UPDATE INSTALLS THE NVIDIA DRIVER. THE LATESE NVIDIA DRIVER IS PRESENT IN ITS WEBSITE, SO
    PLEASE BE SPECIFIC WITH YOUR NVIDIA GRAPHICS CARD MODEL AND ITS DRIVER FOR WINDOWS 10.

Better keep the nvidia driver 353.63 windows 10 qualified driver downloaded and ready before upgrading. Hope everybody of you succeed in this process.

Holy_Geek, Oct 10, 2015
  4. Bad Nvidia Driver

I noticed something similar. Perhaps MS will issue a fix in the near future. Though I can't say anything as drastic as a repair would be required, just another driver.

DustSailor, Oct 10, 2015
  5. What I usually do is download the latest driver from Nvidia's website, then run DDU (http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/...-download.html) in safe mode to clear out the old driver, reboot, then install the new driver. That tends to lead to much less issues than a Windows Update GPU driver download and upgrade, at least for me.

blackroseMD1, Oct 10, 2015
  6. ken1943 Win User
    I just need the video driver, so usually kill the junk programs. Although the video driver itself doesn't need updating very often.
    Guess I will get everything and hope for the best in the future. This is the first time "two" updates were available. There is also an option to do a clean install with the Nvidia download.
    I still wonder how many, Windows 10 driver updates, kill a good working computer.
    The main thing is, I have driver updates disabled and it still was shown as auto update. What would happen if all drivers were read only ????!!!!

ken1943, Oct 10, 2015
  7. MrNeeds Win User
    The driver is effectively useless without the software to control it, it's the difference between a smooth experience and a crashing program, it's always worth checking out the release notes as well.

MrNeeds, Oct 10, 2015
  8. ken1943 Win User

Bad Nvidia Driver

A computer does not need anything but the drivers. Nvidia puts extra programs in. You do not need a program to check for updates or something for sound, for instance.

ken1943, Oct 10, 2015
  9. zahl Win User
    How are you killing driver updates? Only one I have found that works is via local policy but you also have to disable windows update auto checking. Nothing can stop windows update from driver installing if there is no driver installed so killing wu auto checking is a must while you restart between removing and installing the new driver

Disable driver update checking:
    local group policy editor/computer configuration/administrative templates/system/internet communication manager/internet communication settings/turn off windows update driver searching

Disable windows update checking:
    policy editor/Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update

10. Gary Win User
    What is your Video Card?

11. Gary Win User
  12. ken1943 Win User
    Gpedit msc > Computer Config > Admin Templates > System > Device Installation > Prevent Installation Not Described by Other Policy Settings. Someone in a newsgroup posted this, did a Google search and it looked promissing

I only try one at a time

ken1943, Oct 10, 2015
  13. banger Win User

Bad Nvidia Driver

All Nvidia drivers are rubbish since 347.88 and windows keeps trying to update despite following the tutorial on here.

banger, Oct 10, 2015
  14. ken1943 Win User
    I don't spend my life on here.

ken1943, Oct 10, 2015
  15. ken1943 Win User
    It wasn't Nvidia is was Microsoft that caused the problem in the first place. There are too many computer variations to blame
    anyone and Microsoft really F#@** it up royally.

ken1943, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bad Nvidia Driver

1. Bad Nvidia Driver - Similar Threads - Bad Nvidia Driver

2. Nvidia Drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nvidia Drivers: Does Windows update these drivers, too? submitted by /u/gladel10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ktmh76/nvidia_drivers/
  3. Nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia driver: I need help getting nvidia graphics card but i can't find a compatible nvidia driver on my windows 10 build 1909 please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-driver/068fb55a-829b-4f84-970a-9685b9e5ea56
  4. Nvidia driver

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia driver: There are 2 types of drivers for nvidia graphics card, dch and standard. What are the difference ? I am confuse and which what should I use ? 166926
  5. updating nvidia drivers

updating nvidia drivers: my laptop is alienware 17 r5 i9 and it has nvidia geforce gtx 1080 graphics card. i am currently on windows 10 build 1809 is having the latest windows build a requirement to install new drivers? i asked a nvidia support agent about that. he said that the new drivers are...
  6. nvidia drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    nvidia drivers: nvidia drivers not installing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-drivers/5af9a81e-c835-4a7c-a508-8427ade22dee
  7. Nvidia Driver

Nvidia Driver: Nvidia display driver problem[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-driver/84d9bcd2-a355-4024-9f1a-d8583b87b57f
  8. Bad Drivers

Bad Drivers: When I install the RivetNetworks LLC stuff, which is my Killer NIC from windows update it makes my computer really sluggish and when I do a speed test it makes my speeds really slow. When I reinstalled windows and done a speed test with out these drivers installed as was well...
  9. Bad Version 1511 NVIDIA Driver Update?

Bad Version 1511 NVIDIA Driver Update?: I have Windows 10 Pro, Version 1511. I've not updated to Version 1607 because of FUD regarding the NVIDIA drivers. Starting a couple of days ago, just after a Windows update, I have a 1511 problem: when I boot up, the displays (I have 4) blink at seemingly random times, and...
  10. Nvidia Driver

Nvidia Driver: I'm a bit confused. I have the latest Nvidia driver installed but WU has come up today telling me to install Nvidia driver update for Nvidia High Definition Audio. At 264Mb I'm not sure if this is the video driver or for audio. I don't use their audio anyway as I have a good...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvcontainer ssleay32 missing ordinal