Windows 10: bad playback issue with movies and tv app

Discus and support bad playback issue with movies and tv app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I booted from win7 into win 10. I have a whole lot of mpeg2 encoded video files on the network in a shared folder. At first, the app could not play,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sdowney717, Nov 27, 2017.

1. bad playback issue with movies and tv app

I booted from win7 into win 10. I have a whole lot of mpeg2 encoded video files on the network in a shared folder.
    At first, the app could not play, offered a free codec for mpeg. I agreed, it installed, after a few minutes it played.
    The playback was smooth, good sound.

Now the problem, I went to skip a commercial, seek, etc...
    BAD, the video started going jerky sped up and stopping and the sound went all wonky, weird sounds, out of sync, too fast. The video would halt and start halt and start, as if it was trying to sync up to the sound. So a few frames of video would play, it would pause, the sound would keep sounding, then the video would drop a whole bunch of frames, rinse, repeat.

My stopping, starting, seeking, nothing could restore smooth playback. So I killed the app, and restarted, starts at beginning of video file, it then played ok, but any seeking in the video causes a total disaster, worthless app.

Then I tried WMP, errored could not open the file at all.

So complete bust in win10. I then booted up win7, tried the same video file, perfect, seeks perfect, sound perfect plays wonderfully using WMP and the Shark 007 codec pack.

IMO, this is a major win10 bug for me if I cant watch mpeg recorded TV files. Running 1709 win10. The file is not natively supported as it requires a free mpeg codec, there is a problem, I cant believe I am the only one.

I suppose I should install VLC in win10 as a test.

:)

sdowney717, Nov 27, 2017
  2. Ruthie87 Win User

How to change playback speed?

Hi! Is there a way to change the playback speed in the Movies & TV app?

Ruthie87, Nov 27, 2017
  3. Does current version of Windows 10 Home play MP4, .wmv, and .wav files?

Native playback support is available in the Movies and TV app included in Windows 10.

Andre Da Costa, Nov 27, 2017
  4. MrNeeds Win User

bad playback issue with movies and tv app

VLC is a great player, also good for troubleshooting as well, if it plays in VLC, it'll play anywhere else without issue.

MrNeeds, Nov 27, 2017
Thema:

bad playback issue with movies and tv app

1. bad playback issue with movies and tv app - Similar Threads - bad playback issue

2. Movies and tv app install issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies and tv app install issue: I keep getting an install error for this app. Something unexpected happened - Code 0x80070005All Windows updates are installed I have run sfc and no errors were found....
  3. Movies and tv app install issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and tv app install issue: I keep getting an install error for this app. Something unexpected happened - Code 0x80070005All Windows updates are installed I have run sfc and no errors were found....
  4. Movies and tv app install issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Airpods Pro playback controls work in the Movies & TV app!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Airpods Pro playback controls work in the Movies & TV app!: submitted by /u/Wakellor957 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13ezfly/airpods_pro_playback_controls_work_in_the_movies/
  6. Movies & TV app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  7. Movies & TV app

Movies & TV app: I did a reset on the Microsoft store app "Films & TV" and it disappeared from the "Apps & features" panel.and elsewhere...Tried to "Get" it from the store, but all that happens is the "Get" button greys out for a moment and then nothing....but it is still there and available...
  8. Movies and tv app install issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Movies and tv app install issue: how i install Movies and tv app in window 10 ..my laptop model Hp elitebook8470p,???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/movies-and-tv-app-install-issue/a9167312-059a-4001-858c-af60c274a61a
  9. Movies and TV apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Movies and TV apps: hello, recently i face something new problem in my pc. when i'm opening movies app for playing video, it's not working properly. i mean its not start properly just that its buffering. what's the solution of this app? if anyone knows, please let me know windows edition :...
  10. Playback issue in movies and tv

Playback issue in movies and tv: when i open movies and tv app it says playback issue send feedback how can we solve it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-movies/playback-issue-in-movies-and-tv/43d0706b-57b2-4757-86b6-e2c74419d2f2