Windows 10: bad quality audio in videos

Discus and support bad quality audio in videos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I use a mic built in the headphones. The issue appeared when I recorded a video on Minecraft, at first I didn’t hear anything. I fixed it but faced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RounakNaim, May 18, 2019.

1. bad quality audio in videos

I use a mic built in the headphones. The issue appeared when I recorded a video on Minecraft, at first I didn’t hear anything. I fixed it but faced another problem. I was able to hear the audio for my microphone clearly, but the game audio is choppy. Moreover I can hear my microphone audio when recording a video but not the game audio

:)

RounakNaim, May 18, 2019

2. Headphones not showing up as separate playback device, bad quality audio

Hi Anna,

The bad quality audio that you are experiencing can occur due to several reasons, such as, an outdated audio driver, a missing audio driver, etc. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Have you tried updating your audio driver? If not, kindly do so by following the steps in this article:

Update drivers in Windows 10

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, May 18, 2019
  3. dirtbikr Win User
    Bad audio-quality over A2DP

Wanted to bump this again...

I'm running the mango beta right now and the A2DP audio quality is just lacking still. It sounds tinny, compressed, and just all around bad. I was curious if this would be fixed before the mango final ships or not, as I really want to use my wireless headphones
    again...

My setup:

• HTC Arrive running mango beta 2
    • Motorola S9-HD headphones
    • All songs are 320kbps CBR MP3 or VBR V0 rips
    • All songs sound excellent over wired headphones on the arrive, and they sound great on my iPod Touch over these wireless headphones.
    I had a HTC Touch Pro II before this, and the workaround for the audio was to increase the bitpool and bitrate settings in the registry. The audio quality I have right now on my Arrive is reminiscent of my Touch Pro before I increased those settings, and frankly
    it's a terrible representation of what these headphones are capable of...

I have also tested these headphones on a family member's Arrive running NoDo and a friend running mango beta 2 on the HTC HD7 and they all sound the same. My source files are fine, I'm a happy camper when I have wired headphones in, but I want to get away from
    that... The sooner I can drop my iPod, the happier I will be...

dirtbikr, May 18, 2019
  4. Marc Cai Win User

bad quality audio in videos

Really bad sound quality, audio problems.

Thanks for the update, Elrick. I suspect that you have to check the quality of the video being thrown by Twitch and of YouTube. The video quality has a great influence in producing the quality of sound. You're right about checking under the application settings,
    and if web based, that should be on the respective streaming page settings.

Please try this method and see if it helps:

Turn off Audio Enhancements:

Note: Please take note of your original settings, for this will change the audio playback quality of Windows. If this method will not work, please revert back to whatever your personal changes was.

1. Go to Start , enter Sound,
      and select Sound Control Panel from the list of results.
    2. On the Playback tab, right-click (or press and hold) the Default
      Device
      and select Properties.
    3. On the Enhancements tab, select the Disable all enhancements check
      box and try to play your audio device.
    4. If that doesn't work, select Cancel and, on the Playback tab,
      select another default device (if you have one), select the Disable all enhancements check box, and try to play audio again. Do this for each default
      device.

If this will not work, please reach the support site of Twitch and/or YouTube, for they might be able to give workarounds or permanent solutions.

Please feel free to keep me posted.

Marc Cai, May 18, 2019
Thema:

bad quality audio in videos

1. bad quality audio in videos - Similar Threads - bad quality audio

2. Bad video quality.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad video quality.: For a years, every time I try to play an online or downloaded video even if its 4k, the video looks washed, bad and almost pixelated. No matter where I play the video. Present in YT and all streaming websites, even when I download the video it s the same.I have tried...
  3. Bad video quality.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad video quality.: For a years, every time I try to play an online or downloaded video even if its 4k, the video looks washed, bad and almost pixelated. No matter where I play the video. Present in YT and all streaming websites, even when I download the video it s the same.I have tried...
  4. Bad video quality.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Audio Quality for Windows 10: I've tried everything I've seen, but nothing worked. Please help me if you can. Thank you.PS: It's not my headphones. They work perfectly fine on my other devices Xbox, Switch, etc....
  6. Bad video quality

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bad video quality: Hi I have an issue everytime i play one of the videos i have on my computer. The quality decreases alot and at times almost become pixelated. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-video-quality/120db195-f194-436e-97a1-68a4ba4bdd8d
  7. Audio quality kinda bad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio quality kinda bad?: After I removed all of my bluetooth audios, my old headphones and my recent speaker, I noticed how my audio quality with my headphones got kinda less bass and i can barely hear it. Is there something wrong with it? I need help please....
  8. Bluetooth Audio Bad Quality

Bluetooth Audio Bad Quality: Hello I am trying to connect my Bluetooth headset to my laptop using a BT dongle. when I plug the dongle and turn on the headset, it automatically pairs with windows but has a poor quality. I can see two different items in device manager named "headset, hands-free" and...
  9. bad video quality

bad video quality: Some days ago.. I had a problem of blue screen error showing error code video memory management internal. I had posted & a gentle man( DaveM121)had advised me to roll back driver & I did so.. but though after that my problem was solved but now my you tube videos quality is...
  10. Bad quality video on win 10

in Browsers and Email
    Bad quality video on win 10: Hello. I have msi laptop GT72VR 6RD Dominator with Windows 10. I doused with touchpad with alcohol. Only touchpad and two buttons under touchpad. I stop notebook...and dont use for a while. aFTER I START HIM AGAIN I DONT KNOW IF I HAVE THE SAME problém with playing videos in...