Windows 10: Bad Realtek wifi hardware/card on Win 10 HP, full rebuild necessary?

Discus and support Bad Realtek wifi hardware/card on Win 10 HP, full rebuild necessary? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a couple questions about wifi problems, warranty repair and backup for restoring. My 1 year old HP Win 10 v1909 notebook has a problem with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mcmike1, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Mcmike1 Win User

Bad Realtek wifi hardware/card on Win 10 HP, full rebuild necessary?

Hi, I have a couple questions about wifi problems, warranty repair and backup for restoring.

My 1 year old HP Win 10 v1909 notebook has a problem with intermittent wifi slowdowns. It has a Realtek RTL8822CE adapter which is apparently notorious for seeming fine, then melting down when under load. The connection to the wifi router looks ok at first, but then speed slows to a crawl. Ethernet works fine throughout. But when I enable wifi, it initially connects ok, initially it seems ok and actually works and speed tests properly, then.... after a minute or so..... bzzzzt, everything goes to hell (except the router connection itself, which persists).

This is confirmed with two different ISPs and two different routers using two different delivery methods (DSL and radio). This is confirmed with Net Uptime Monitor connection ping test logs, observing page loading, and speed tests.

In addition, the Netspot wifi signal tracking tool also shows that the antenna/adapter thinks that all the inbound wifi signal strengths are highly volatile with random strength fluctuations +/- tens of db's and full signal drop frequently, which simply isn't true. So, I tried an external USB wifi antenna (tp-link AC1900) and it fixed the fluctuating wifi signal strength problem, but did not fix the speed crashing.

I have been back and forth through troubleshooting hell. Yesterday, HP says: okay, send it in we will replace the wifi hardware. (After upselling me another 3 years of warranty).

Questions:

1. Does it seem reasonable that if I send it to HP, that they will be able to actually fix the problem?

2. HP wants to do a full wipe of the OS. Is this absolutely necessary? (Note: "necessary" is a function of (a) necessity to fix the problem, and (b) likelihood it actually fixes the problem).

3. Are there options I can try at home (or with a local tech) that can avoid a full wipe?

I really don't want to go through all the headache of backing up and then rebuilding my computer when it comes back. I spent perhaps 100+ hours loading Apps, figuring out the quirks, configuring, etc.. It was a struggle, but I finally have everything lined out (except the wifi). I also don't want to be without this PC for the week or so it takes to send it away. I am actually tempted to skip the fix and just leave the dang thing tethered to an ethernet wire for the rest of its existence.

4. If I do need to send it in. What backup steps can I take to reduce my headaches for the re-load.
    4a. Is there a tool and/or particular device I should use? I have a WD My Passport that is several years old.
    4b. How should I remove personal information?
    4c. Should I send my files to a cloud system? (I do not currently use cloud or ubiquitous Onedrive types services).

The biggest set up headaches were Outlook, iTunes, Windows Media Player, adding a second user and second iTunes, my employer has Sonicwall VPN on my machine which I use for remote work, Epson Scanner, HP Smart printer App, my McAffe AV (expires this month), and a dozen or so productivity and music processing Apps. I do not use Onedrive or other cloud systems.

Thank in advance.
    Heartbroken, frustrated, and burnt out.

:)

Mcmike1, Dec 19, 2020

2. Upgraded HP touchsmart to Win 10 now Broadcom WIFI and Realtek Network not working

Upgraded HP touchsmart Model 27-K150xt to Win 10 now Broadcom WIFI and Realtek Network not working. I spoke with HP who stated to Contact Microsoft. I contacted Microsoft who stated to contact Network Card company.

Broadcom BCM4352HMB 802.11ac 2x2 Wi-Fi Adapter Does Not work, No support Yet

Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Does not work, I hear this was supported and updated but does not work

Any one get this working or have working drivers for this particular machine, let me know

RALPHYPOLANCO, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Realtek Card Reader not working since Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Jen,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Does Device Manager recognizes Realtek card reader?
    • Do you get any error message?

Follow the steps below and check.

Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with the Bluetooth adapter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

• Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Also install all pending updates in your computer. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Do let us know if you are able to access Realtek card reader. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 19, 2020
  4. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

Thema:

1. Bad Realtek wifi hardware/card on Win 10 HP, full rebuild necessary? - Similar Threads - Bad Realtek wifi

2. Win 11 corrupts RealTek Wifi Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 corrupts RealTek Wifi Drivers: I have WIn11 Home 22H2 installed on my Lenovo IdeaPad L340 AMD. WiFi and Bluetooth are RealTek. When Windows WiFI is running it interferes with Bluetooth speakers, causing stuttering and dropping. If I turn Win11 WiFi off, the bluetooth works flawlessly. This appears to be a...
  3. Win 11 corrupts RealTek Wifi Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 corrupts RealTek Wifi Drivers: I have WIn11 Home 22H2 installed on my Lenovo IdeaPad L340 AMD. WiFi and Bluetooth are RealTek. When Windows WiFI is running it interferes with Bluetooth speakers, causing stuttering and dropping. If I turn Win11 WiFi off, the bluetooth works flawlessly. This appears to be a...
  4. Bad Realtek wifi hardware/card on Win 10 HP, full rebuild necessary?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Realtek wifi hardware/card on Win 10 HP, full rebuild necessary?: Hi, I have a couple questions about wifi problems, warranty repair and backup for restoring. My 1 year old HP Win 10 v1909 notebook has a problem with intermittent wifi slowdowns. It has a Realtek RTL8822CE adapter which is apparently notorious for seeming fine, then melting...
  5. Bad Card Reader

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad Card Reader: Hello, Have a Panasonic FZ-M1 with a bad card reader. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-card-reader/ec1a3266-f59b-4820-940e-873208c7ccf6
  6. Bad wireless performance from Intel 3165 WiFi card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bad wireless performance from Intel 3165 WiFi card: I've recently been experiencing a solid amount of buffering while watching Youtube videos(1080p) and twitch/mixer livestreams. I have a 100mbps up and 50mbps down Fiber connection. I mostly watch videos on WiFi. My Laptop- Dell 5567 Intel AC 3165 WiFi card. I have no...
  7. realtek 8723be wifi card

realtek 8723be wifi card: hi all the forum..... i have a problem with my notebook hp 15-ay032nl. the problem is wifi that is connect only if i insert the ip static, subnet, gateway and dns, and i go to the internet great. if i insert obtain automatically ip, it's not go to the internet. i have try...
  8. Making a hardware for Windows7 compatible with Windows10 (Wifi card)

Making a hardware for Windows7 compatible with Windows10 (Wifi card): Hello everyone, I just bought the Wireless N PCI Adapter (TL-WN851ND) from TP-LINK for my Windows 10 PC. It says that it's compatible for Windows 7/Vista/XP but it doesn't say Windows 10 on there. I thought that since it works on Windows 7, it will probably work on Windows...
  9. my win 7 laptop not seeing my wifi card will win 10?

my win 7 laptop not seeing my wifi card will win 10?: I am about to clean install win 10 on my Toshiba satellite laptop and I was wondering if the new OS will see my wireless adapter card that just recently my win 7 machine does not. Assuming the card is not kaput does anyone think it will ? Thank you 13967
  10. Necessary to reserve Win 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Necessary to reserve Win 10?: I've not decided yet if I will upgrade or clean install Win 10 when it is released. If I do upgrade, I will be restoring an image I've made, before the restore. So either way, I see no need to start downloading any preliminary files, which I've read that the reservation will...