Windows 10: Bad resolution cause my AMD Graphics is broken.

Discus and support Bad resolution cause my AMD Graphics is broken. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have a sony vaio laptop with the AMD GRAPHICS 7600M video card and an integrated INTEL video card. I have a pretty dedicated problem. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexandruVîrbănescu, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Bad resolution cause my AMD Graphics is broken.

Hello,

I have a sony vaio laptop with the AMD GRAPHICS 7600M video card and an integrated INTEL video card. I have a pretty dedicated problem. For some time, the video card does not work properly, if I install the drivers and activate them, black and red pixels appear on my screen, then a blue screen with TDR VIDEO FAILURE error appears. I came to the conclusion that the video card is faulty. Until now some time I worked on my laptop with the integrated video card only. Yesterday I had to install my windows again and now I'm sitting at the resolution 1024x768 because I can not install either driver intel (windows does not recognize, only Microsoft Basic Display Driver) and if I install and activate the AMD driver, I can not use the computer. How do I change and adjust the resolution to get the optimal 1360x768? I have not found a solution.

Thanks so much.

:)

AlexandruVîrbănescu, Dec 8, 2018

2. How to force AMD graphics on Windows 10

I do have similar problem while I replacing my broken nvidia graphic card with an AMD one.
    As @Pimp Juice IT suggests, you had to disable the on-board Intel graphics via BIOS/UEFI options (although it will cause real troubles when the standalone graphics card broken).
    I am not sure BIOS/UEFI of my PC do have "Switchable graphics" options enabled at that time, it seems that it just not work for any graphic cards.

user952119, Dec 8, 2018
  3. Basith M Win User
    FSX wont open with Windows 10 update, requires min display resolution

Hi Steve,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10 family.

This issue might have caused due to Graphics card driver related issues. I would like to know the make and model of the computer so that we could assist you further.

I suggest you to try installing the latest Graphics card drivers from the computer manufacturer's website or from Windows Update and check if it helps. This is to check if this is caused due to driver related issue.

Follow the steps to update the Video card driver:

• Press Windows + X
      keys and click on Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapters’.

• Right-click on the Graphics card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.

Once after installing the latest Graphics card drivers try changing the screen resolution to the highest and check.

Follow the steps to adjust the screen resolution:

• Right click on the desktop and click on Screen Resolution.

• Adjust the resolution to the highest.

Please feel free to visit our website for any help with Windows Operating System.

Basith M, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Pipps Win User

Bad resolution cause my AMD Graphics is broken.

Is my graphics card broken?

UPDATE: Please see here.

I have a Sapphire HD 4830.

When I boot into XP all is initially fine and I am able to see the desktop.

However, when I click on the start bar and navigate a few steps, I receive an immediate white screen of death and a total irrecoverable lock-up.

I am confused about what this could mean and I would be grateful for any suggestions on the best course of action to test and repair the problem.

Does this sort of issue suggest that the graphics card is irretrievably broken?

Pipps, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

Bad resolution cause my AMD Graphics is broken.

1. Bad resolution cause my AMD Graphics is broken. - Similar Threads - Bad resolution cause

2. Is my graphics card broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is my graphics card broken?: Hi!I turned on my computer this morning and this happened… is the graphic card broken? Or is there some other problems? Do I have to go to the repair shop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-graphics-card-broken/eb0197c1-e381-4914-8f1d-5c38267bb374
  3. Is my graphics card broken?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is my graphics card broken?: Hi!I turned on my computer this morning and this happened… is the graphic card broken? Or is there some other problems? Do I have to go to the repair shop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-my-graphics-card-broken/eb0197c1-e381-4914-8f1d-5c38267bb374
  4. Is my graphics card broken?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My windows 8.1 resolution is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 8.1 resolution is broken: I am using windows 8.1 since 1 year , but today when i lunched my windows 8.1 i noticed that the screen resolution is having error , the half of my screen is under the screen , don't tell me how !When i looked at the resolution settings it wasn't fault ! , My recommended...
  6. My windows 8.1 resolution is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My windows 8.1 resolution is broken: I am using windows 8.1 since 1 year , but today when i lunched my windows 8.1 i noticed that the screen resolution is having error , the half of my screen is under the screen , don't tell me how !When i looked at the resolution settings it wasn't fault ! , My recommended...
  7. AMD Graphics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Graphics: Do I need AMD Graphics? I dont do gaming. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-graphics/80cb1aeb-c457-4ed7-9a76-a0773c5d0144
  8. AMD graphics driver

AMD graphics driver: Sir, After updating the windows 10 , a message popped on the screen that no AMD Graphics driver is installed....help me out to resolve the said problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-graphics-driver/29b087f0-765b-4609-b18f-3b705e3e50c2
  9. AMD Radeon R4 Graphics driver causing micro freezing

AMD Radeon R4 Graphics driver causing micro freezing: Dell Inspiron 3541. Apparently back in 2017 there was a thread here in which Microsoft said they were "aware of the problem." Yet here we are in 2019. Since the most recent (November 2019) Windows 10 update, my graphics drivers has been causing lag, micro freezing every 2...
  10. Bad Graphics Performance in Windows 10 using a AMD APU.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Graphics Performance in Windows 10 using a AMD APU.: A few days ago, I acquired a computer that cost me around £600. It had 8GB of ram and a APU with AMD`s Ryzen 5 being the processor and The Radeon Vegas 8 as the graphics card. I had installed a few games that I had brought on Steam whether it was sales or games that I wanted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my windows graphics are broken