Windows 10: Bad sound quality after using a bluetooth device

Discus and support Bad sound quality after using a bluetooth device in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/odedgal67 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0nosv/bad_sound_quality_after_using_a_bluetooth_device/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/odedgal67, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Bad sound quality after using a bluetooth device

/u/odedgal67, Sep 27, 2020
  2. afgkw Win User

windows 10 problem with Bluetooth headset very bad quality

Hello

i just today bought Bluetooth headset and connect it with my iPhone is work very nice also i connect it with my MacBook pro also work perfect but when i connect it with my PC windows 10 is very very bad quality of sound and I search in YouTube about this
    issue i find too much people faced this problem.

i try follow many steps with video in YouTube about how fix this issue but still have bad quality of sound

i follow all steps but still sound quality bad then my iPhone and MacBook pro

how can fix this issue real i`m not happy for can`t enjoy with my new device Bad sound quality after using a bluetooth device :(

why windows become terrible

afgkw, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Is it possible to use a bluetooth headset mic while having High quality sound

I have a Plantronics BackBeat Sense SE bluetooth headset. When Connecting it to Windows 10, it installs two profiles in Playback devices list:

1. PLT_BBTSENSE Hands-Free.
    2. PLT_BBTSENSE Stereo.

The Second one (Stereo) is set to be the "Default Device" and the "Default Communication Device" on the system.

At this point the sound works great and normally. The problem happens when I want to use the mic. When I start any program that uses the mic (recorder, chat, VoIP Calls, gaming, etc.) The sound suddenly stops working And I can only use the mic until I stop the recorder or the call.

The thing that kind of fixes the problem is setting the (Hands-Free) as the default device. I can hear the sound when I do that and it works with the mic but it becomes Very bad quality.

What I became to understand is that bluetooth had different profiles for sound and mic: A2DP and HSP. The first handle the voice(High Quality) but the latter handles the mic and reduces the sound quality.

Is this really the case? Is there anyway to make them work simultaneously? Is there any solution to this problem at all?

onlyforthis, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Jodpur Win User

Bad sound quality after using a bluetooth device

Realtek HD Audio low and bad quality sound after Windows 10 upgrade

Do the following steps:

1. Go into Sound.
    2. Properties.
    3. Advanced and change the sound quality from CD to DVD quality.

It worked for me.

Jodpur, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Bad sound quality after using a bluetooth device

1. Bad sound quality after using a bluetooth device - Similar Threads - Bad sound quality

2. Bluetooth speaker is recognised as Headphones and the sound quality is bad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth speaker is recognised as Headphones and the sound quality is bad.: Browsed the Internet for quite a while but couldn't find any fixes on this issue...apparently it is because the Bluetooth speaker has a mic so it is identified as "Handsfree Headphones"... I have done some basic methods and troubleshooting like reinstalling drivers or...
  3. Bluetooth speaker is recognised as Headphones and the sound quality is bad.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth speaker is recognised as Headphones and the sound quality is bad.: Browsed the Internet for quite a while but couldn't find any fixes on this issue...apparently it is because the Bluetooth speaker has a mic so it is identified as "Handsfree Headphones"... I have done some basic methods and troubleshooting like reinstalling drivers or...
  4. Windows Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality: Notes:I am using Bang & Olufsen bluetooth earbuds model Beoplay EX. When connected to Windows 11 the sound quality is absolutely atrocious.Things I have tried:disconnecting and reconnecting the bluetooth earbuds forget and re-establish connection - result: did not fix.looked...
  5. Windows Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality: Notes:I am using Bang & Olufsen bluetooth earbuds model Beoplay EX. When connected to Windows 11 the sound quality is absolutely atrocious.Things I have tried:disconnecting and reconnecting the bluetooth earbuds forget and re-establish connection - result: did not fix.looked...
  6. Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality on windows 11: My WH1000XM4 Sony Bluetooth headphones have bad sound quality when connected to my laptop, compared to other devices such as an iPhone where the sound is fine. This is presumably because of the hands free headset mode. I am unable to disable the hands free setting in windows...
  7. Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth headphones bad sound quality on windows 11: My WH1000XM4 Sony Bluetooth headphones have bad sound quality when connected to my laptop, compared to other devices such as an iPhone where the sound is fine. This is presumably because of the hands free headset mode. I am unable to disable the hands free setting in windows...
  8. Sound Quality using Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Quality using Bluetooth: Hi, the sound quality on my laptop is very poor when using Bluetooth. If I plug the laptop directly in the speech and sound is absolutely fine, but if I try and use the headphones using Bluetooth the quality is very poor. For example, when speaking using the Bluetooth...
  9. Fix bad sound quality with bluetooth headphones

Fix bad sound quality with bluetooth headphones: Hi! I've just bought new pc. I connected bluetooth headphones and got scared of sound quality. Here is my solution: 1. Go to control panel 2. Click on View devices and printers 3. Right click on your headphones 4. Click on Properties 5. Switch to Service tab 6. Turn...
  10. Bad sound quality in Bluetooth headphones

Bad sound quality in Bluetooth headphones: It's the same headphones, but now it's looks like this. [ATTACH] Well, until then, it was good. Trying to troubleshoot doesn't help [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Idk why it's connected like voice. I tried to reinstall but it's still the same [ATTACH]...