Windows 10: Bad start configuration info Error

Discus and support Bad start configuration info Error in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a blue screen with error C: Windows/system32/logfiles\str bad start config error. Tried many things but cannot fix it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by leapylee15, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Bad start configuration info Error

I have a blue screen with error C: Windows/system32/logfiles\str

bad start config error. Tried many things but cannot fix it

:)

leapylee15, Dec 10, 2019

2. Bad Config Info error

Good day.

I am attempting to resolve a Bad Config Info error on a laptop. I tried the bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd and it comes back with results "Total Identified Windows Installations: 0" What would be the most appropriate next step?

Thank you

Nəgūś Motlotlegi R.Sathekge, Dec 10, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

Hello Tom,

The error, bad config info means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. To better assist you, we would like to know a few more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Were there any significant hardware/software changes done on your computer prior to this happening?
    • What is the current version/build of your Windows 10 PC? To check, type
      winver
      on Cortana's search field and press Enter.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried?

In the meantime, you may also try the steps below and have your PC return to a previous configuration:

• Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the power button, then turn it back on. When you see your PC manufacturer's logo, turn the PC off again. Repeat the process until you see
      Please wait.
    • Select Troubleshoot, then choose Advanced options >
      System Restore.
    • Choose an administrator account and enter the password. Select Continue.
    • Choose a restore point to restart your PC to. Select last known good configuration.
    • If you're still having trouble or if there's no restore point available, the last option we have is to
      reset your PC.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Dec 10, 2019
  4. John Vil Win User

Bad start configuration info Error

Bad System Config Info

We appreciate your response. The error, bad config info means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. Kindly follow the steps below to perform a system restore:

• Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the power button, then turn it back on. When you see your PC manufacturer's logo, turn the PC off again. Repeat the process until you see
      Please wait.
    • Select Troubleshoot, then choose Advanced options >
      System Restore.
    • Choose an administrator account and enter the password. Select Continue.
    • Choose a restore point to restart your PC to. Select last known good configuration.
    • If you're still having trouble or if there's no restore point available, the last option we have is to
      reset your PC.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Bad start configuration info Error

1. Bad start configuration info Error - Similar Threads - Bad start configuration

2. Bad System configuration INFO

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bad System configuration INFO: I am having a blue screen on my PC showing "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." further showing a screen for "Automatic Repair", in which there are options to 'Restart' and 'Advanced options'. doing restart it comes to the former...
  3. Bad System configuration INFO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad System configuration INFO: I am having a blue screen on my PC showing "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you." further showing a screen for "Automatic Repair", in which there are options to 'Restart' and 'Advanced options'. doing restart it comes to the former...
  4. Bad System configuration INFO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why showing bad system configuration info?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why showing bad system configuration info?: My laptop showing suddenly manufacturers logo. Getting restarted many times, i have tried for advanced option, safe mode is not getting started, even can't get reset...
  6. Why showing bad system configuration info?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why showing bad system configuration info?: My laptop showing suddenly manufacturers logo. Getting restarted many times, i have tried for advanced option, safe mode is not getting started, even can't get reset...
  7. Why showing bad system configuration info?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. getting bad config info error

getting bad config info error: Hi Guys, This morning, by mistake, I disabled all the services under services Tab in system configuration App. Also, under boot tab, change the Number of processors from 1 to 4 and chose max memory by clicking the check box Maximum Memory. Now, I'm not able to start my...
  9. Error Bad system config info

Error Bad system config info: After i stalling windows 10 ypdate I am recieveing a blue screen loop with error BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I have tried reseting only to get the another error saying there was a problem resetting. Start up repair brings me another error...
  10. Bad Config Info error

Bad Config Info error: Good day. I am attempting to resolve a Bad Config Info error on a laptop. I tried the bootrec.exe /rebuildbcd and it comes back with results "Total Identified Windows Installations: 0" What would be the most appropriate next step? Thank you...