Windows 10: Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4 after latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4 after latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Specs:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 MhzRam: 16GBSystem: Type: x64 basedEdition: Windows 10 HomeGraphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by I Atroxiis I, Jun 9, 2023.

1. Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4 after latest Windows 10 update

SpecsBad stuttering when playing The Sims 4 after latest Windows 10 update :processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 MhzRam: 16GBSystem: Type: x64 basedEdition: Windows 10 HomeGraphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060After the latest required Windows 10 update June 3rd, The Sims 4 has been driving me up a wall. While the FPS is a consistent 60, i cannot play due to horrendous frame skipping/stuttering when, before the update, it ran perfectly fine. I have tried updating the game itself, repairing the game three times, reinstalling twice, playing without mods, making a new save, playing without expansions, I have messed with the graphics settings

:)

I Atroxiis I, Jun 9, 2023

2. Unable to play Sims 4 on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community

As per the description, I understand that you are facing an error "The dynamic library "rld.dll" failed to initialize (E1103)" while launching SIMS 4 in your computer. It seems like the issue is related with the inconsistency in the system files or
    driver update. I will certainly help you with your issue.

Share this information to assist you better.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • When did you install SIMS 4?
    • Have you installed any updates before/after installing the game?
    • What are the system requirements for the game?
    • Have you update your Graphic Drivers?
    Refer the following steps to update graphic driver.

• Click on start button and go to control panel on the right column.
    • Change the view by (from windows explorer) to
      large icons or small icons.
    • Double Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adaptor, double click on the available entry.
    • Click the tab Driver, click Update Driver.
    Note: I also suggest you to update the display card driver from the computer manufacturer website as well.

Please confirm with the SIMS 4 support if they have released any patches for this game.

I would suggest you to perform clean boot and check you are able to play game.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot

Refer to the link to perform clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

If issue persists please have this game reinstall and check again.

Following are the steps to remove SIMS 4 from Program and Features:

• Press Windows + R, type control panel and then click on
      ok.
    • Double click on Programs and Features.
    • Uninstall all the SIMS 4 related software.
    • Reinstall the application.

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Thank you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 9, 2023
  3. The sims 3 or 4? Anyone play them?

I've never played the Sims 4, but the Sims 3 is a lot of fun. I quite enjoyed the funny moments and building a house and such. Sims 3 is also open world whereas Sims 4 has loading screens for different areas. With both having their pluses and minuses, I don't think you can do wrong with either.

Masterchiefxx17, Jun 9, 2023
  4. Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4 after latest Windows 10 update

The sims 3 or 4? Anyone play them?

Am thinking of investing in one of sims 3 or 4. Thought it might be a good game to get into and might be something my young son can enjoy too. I don’t see much point in just getting the base game as so many features are missing. So will get a few expansions too. But does anyone play the sims? With expansions also in mind is the sims 4 much better than 3? I guess in my experience sequels aren’t necessarily better so I thought maybe sims 3 could still be the better game?

Scottyboy99, Jun 9, 2023
Thema:

Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4 after latest Windows 10 update

1. Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4 after latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Bad stuttering playing

2. my hp lags when i play sims 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hp lags when i play sims 4: I've done everything I could think of. I tried updating, clearing storage I got a new external drive, 1 TB, lowering graphics, deleting useless apps, and clearing space. Not only that, but I moved my Sims 4 to my biggest external hard drive, along with other games. I have...
  3. my hp lags when i play sims 4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my hp lags when i play sims 4: I've done everything I could think of. I tried updating, clearing storage I got a new external drive, 1 TB, lowering graphics, deleting useless apps, and clearing space. Not only that, but I moved my Sims 4 to my biggest external hard drive, along with other games. I have...
  4. Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4: Specs:Build: Custom OMEN laptop from HP 17-cb1xxxProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 MhzRam: 16GBSystem: Type: x64 basedEdition: Windows 10 Home 22H2Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060I'm once again asking for help in trying to fix my issue with The Sims...
  5. Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4

Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4: Specs:Build: Custom OMEN laptop from HP 17-cb1xxxProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 MhzRam: 16GBSystem: Type: x64 basedEdition: Windows 10 Home 22H2Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060I'm once again asking for help in trying to fix my issue with The Sims...
  6. Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4 after latest Windows 10 update

Bad stuttering when playing The Sims 4 after latest Windows 10 update: Specs:Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2592 MhzRam: 16GBSystem: Type: x64 basedEdition: Windows 10 HomeGraphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060After the latest required Windows 10 update June 3rd, The Sims 4 has been driving me up a wall. While the FPS is a...
  7. Can't play sims 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't play sims 4: When I installed the sims 4 on my PC, then when I tried opening it up to play it said "It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to my Microsoft account." which didn't make sense cause if that was true wouldn't I not be able to download it? Can I get help?...
  8. cannot play sims 4 on origin

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot play sims 4 on origin: I just downloaded origin to play the Sims 4 on y new computer but it won't let me launch it. it says my video card cannot run it. to make sure the latest video drivers are installed. how do I install the correct things?...
  9. Computer stutter after latest update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer stutter after latest update: Hi, all new guy here. Can someone please let me know where I should start looking with this problem. After the last update when there is heavier network activity my computer would start to stutter and lag. I have checked Task Manager when this occurs, usually when I am...
  10. the Sims 3 stuttering badly after installing new video card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the Sims 3 stuttering badly after installing new video card: So, after having enough with my integrated Intel graphics running 25 FPS on the Sims 3 with medium-low settings, I installed an EVGA GeForce GTX 950 2GB and fired the computer up. After getting the latest drivers (Which are still the latest) I started up the Sims 3 to find...