Windows 10: Bad System Config Info - unable to fix via RebuildBCD

Discus and support Bad System Config Info - unable to fix via RebuildBCD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Noted your advice, but discovered an app on the recovery media you recommended. Something along the lines of "Windows Recovery", which seemed to have a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by spongebot64, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Bad System Config Info - unable to fix via RebuildBCD

Noted your advice, but discovered an app on the recovery media you recommended. Something along the lines of "Windows Recovery", which seemed to have a "one-click" fix that solved the issue.

When I booted, I did get prompted which OS to boot from - both being Windows 10. After choosing default selection, booted to the logon screen, everything seems fine!

Configured system restore and set a backup point for today, currently testing my SSD for anymore errors. Any other considerations for now?

spongebot64, Jun 18, 2017
  2. dalchina New Member

Hi, could you tell me which program you used? Thanks.
    Attachment 140249

dalchina, Jun 18, 2017
  3. Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home. Even if things are working my end, the only problem is right clicking window icons on the taskbar does nothing.

spongebot64, Jun 19, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Bad System Config Info - unable to fix via RebuildBCD

open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:

1) net user test /add
    2) sfc /scannow
    3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    4) shutdown /r
    When the computer reboots sign on with the new user named test.
    Please report the results of running scannow and restorehealth.
    Please check the clicking of the taskbar icons and report in the thread.

zbook, Jun 19, 2017
  5. Thanks for your advice. Up to step three, I'm thrown an 0x800f081f error stating that source files could not be found.

spongebot64, Jun 19, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Jun 19, 2017
  7. zbook New Member
    1) Please describe the method that you used for recovery (as much detail as possible is appreciated)
    2) what was the change using the new user test?
    3) what was the result of scannow?
    4) type winver in the left lower corner search. what is the current windows version and build?
    5) attempt windows update if there are any failed kb# or error codes please post

zbook, Jun 20, 2017
  8. Bad System Config Info - unable to fix via RebuildBCD

1. Having used the recovery media recommended, I used it backup my windows installation due to the main drive supposeduly having errors - via HDTune's error check - despite CrystalDiskInfo reporting it as "healthy". Once restored, 99% of the errors were gone. By experimenting with Lazesoft Recovery Suite afterward to assist with the black screen at login with cursor, it had solved it and I was able to use my computer again.

2. Despite the error from the dism test, I restarted, signed into the test account and right-click was working again!

3. Even with the error from dism after, sfc /scannow brought no errors/conflicts with the system.

4. Winver shows Windows 10 - Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1198)

5. Windows Update works just as normal.

By the looks of things, this seems to be solved. My PC is fine with day to day use, and apart from having to select which Windows installation to choose before login, there doesn't seem to be anything wrong.

spongebot64, Jun 20, 2017
  9. zbook New Member
    Success with the test user account indicates there is corruption then in the other user account.

Is this the link that you followed: Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Did you modify any of the steps along the way?

Did you want to remain with 1607 or do you want to upgrade to 1703?

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bad System Config Info - unable to fix via RebuildBCD

1. Bad System Config Info - unable to fix via RebuildBCD - Similar Threads - Bad System Config

2. Bad system config info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad system config info: Hello! I have problem with my pc with hardware reserved ram and the blue screen "bad system config info". I have total 8gb ram and only 6 is usable.Then i saw videos and information to fix reserved ram in boot options in windows.After this change my ram still reserving 2 gb...
  3. How to fix Bad System Config Info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Bad System Config Info: This valentine's day I was meet with an unpleasant surprise. I was downloading a game and needed to free up space so I deleted other programs I did not need. I had left the game downloading while I showered. I came back to a black screen. I didn't think much of it because my...
  4. How to fix Bad System Config Info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix Bad System Config Info: This valentine's day I was meet with an unpleasant surprise. I was downloading a game and needed to free up space so I deleted other programs I did not need. I had left the game downloading while I showered. I came back to a black screen. I didn't think much of it because my...
  5. Bad System Config-Info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad System Config-Info: My Laptop gave me the "Bad System Config Info" on the blue screen and after that the screen says "Preparing Automatic Repair" but never changes or shows any kind of loading after I let it sit over night. I have tried to launch into WinRE but it won't work no matter the method...
  6. BSOD BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO Fix

BSOD BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO Fix: I got this BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO bsod yesterday, i tried all method out there and still didnt work, resetting doesnt work, automatic repair doesnt work, system restore doesnt work, almost everything just didnt work, i tried cmd commands and still, same result, im stuck in...
  7. Bad system config info, how to fix this ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad system config info, how to fix this ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/gatsu2019 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g4nz9d/bad_system_config_info_how_to_fix_this/
  8. Bad system config info

Bad system config info: Bad system config info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-system-config-info/a004c111-41f4-410c-8858-294bdfcece64
  9. bad system config info

in Windows 10 Customization
    bad system config info: computer not booting in windows. get the message above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-system-config-info/0323eef5-9bcd-4ad7-9c64-12e201e88a24
  10. BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: I’ve tried virtually everything I can find online and I’ve had enough of it. My computer has been in a “auto repair” “repair didn’t work” loop for like two weeks and I’m going insane, is there any way I can just use my computer and fix this? It doesn’t let me reset it and...