Windows 10: bad system config

Discus and support bad system config in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after last windows 10 update, get stopcode bad system config info. windows will not start even in safe mode. no restore point is avail. cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sam&scrubby, Mar 29, 2021.

1. bad system config

after last windows 10 update, get stopcode bad system config info. windows will not start even in safe mode. no restore point is avail. cannot remove last updates. reset gets error.

:)

sam&scrubby, Mar 29, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Bad system config info

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The error Bad System Config means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. It would be great, if you can help us with the details requested below:

• When do you get the error message?
    • Does the computer boot to the Desktop?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 29, 2021
  3. Bad System Config Info

Hi John,

Thanks so much for your suggestion. Sadly, the fixes did not work, and I'm still getting "bad system config info."

MS support is still not honoring phone calls reserved in advance/promises to call back in a few minutes-- must say I'm disappointed.

Any further ideas?

Connie

ConnieB37350, Mar 29, 2021
  4. bad system config

Bad system config info and failure to launch windows 10

Windows 10 on a Dell XPS about 1.5 yrs old

turned machine on and got the Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart; bad system config info.

Went through the multiple suggestions to fix, repair or restore but none of them were successful. Seemed to get a consistent response that a problem was encountered and therefore no the problem couldn’t be resolved.

Under troubleshoot attempted the prompt command option. The message under the Microsoft Windows [version 10.0.17134.1] said not enough resources available to process this command.

I found a video on youtube to address the bad system config info issue and followed the steps as presented.

After going through that process my system still won’t boot up.

there apprared to be enough free space on C.

thanks in advance for any assistance

Bob

BobSteiner2, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

bad system config

1. bad system config - Similar Threads - bad system config

2. Bad System Config Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad System Config Loop: So ive recently had a problem with my computer. The blue death screen appeared and it is in a loop. Ive watched multiple Youtube videos and tried looking for articles and they didn't work, and now I dont know what to do....
  3. Bad System Config-Info

Bad System Config-Info: My Laptop gave me the "Bad System Config Info" on the blue screen and after that the screen says "Preparing Automatic Repair" but never changes or shows any kind of loading after I let it sit over night. I have tried to launch into WinRE but it won't work no matter the method...
  4. Bad system config

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Bad system config: I cant play on my pc because of the bad system config i keep trying to do differnt things on my command prompt and nothing works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-system-config/7d26b40e-637a-4d2c-8f63-1814c88ec975
  5. Bad System Config Info

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad System Config Info: It all started when I was playing Roblox and I closed it, after having some problems, I restarted it. Then it Blue Screened and gave me a Bad System Config Info error. Then, it went to "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." I waited about 9 hours....
  6. Bad system config

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad system config: So out of nowhere, got the {bad system config info} error. Computer won't let me factory reset or anything, and I don't have a back up since the laptop isn't mine. Does anyone know a fix? I've tried quite a few things from online to no avail. Not the best when it comes to...
  7. Bad system config

Bad system config: A while back I setup a restore point on my usb and selected the option where it would make a new one to to replace the old one every hour because i thought it would be useful. After installing the latest windows 10 update the next day my laptop starting slowing down severely...
  8. Bad system config

Bad system config: Hi, I have a question and I have been having blue screens for some time now. I have a feeling that my windows OS, a driver, or my motherboard might and a problem and want to try and rule out anything doing with windows. I know the problem and I can repeat it. I have...
  9. Bad system Config

Bad system Config: I was trying to access my windows OS folder in linux (ubuntu unity version) .So I tried to access it using the command sudo ntfs fix /dev/sda5 . but later when i swiched to windows then it showed a BSOD displaying bad sytem config .Can someone please help me to fix this bug ?...
  10. BAD SYSTEM CONFIG

in Windows 10 Support
    BAD SYSTEM CONFIG: I upgraded to laptop windows 10, and when I try to restart the error message "BAD SYSTEM CONFIG", the system automatically goes to the manager recovery menu, but will not accept my password for the microsoft account. I have changed it using my desktop computer, but the laptop...