Windows 10: Bad Wifi connection to my PC

Discus and support Bad Wifi connection to my PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just got a pc and everything is running good besides my WiFi connection. My WiFi works great on my laptop averaging around 30-50 mbps download speed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nathancarnicle, Jun 14, 2021.

1. Bad Wifi connection to my PC

I just got a pc and everything is running good besides my WiFi connection. My WiFi works great on my laptop averaging around 30-50 mbps download speed and averaging a ping between 20 to 40 as well as having full bars on the connection. My PC however averages around 1mbps and gets only 1 to 2 bars of connection in the same spot where I use my laptop. I got the Netgear Nigthhawk WiFi adapter connected to my PC and after testing the download speed and ping it said it was doing great with a download speed of 140 mbps and ping of 20. But when I try to download games it still runs around only 15 mbp

:)

nathancarnicle, Jun 14, 2021
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Jun 14, 2021
  3. Cannot connect to wifi with laptop

Hi,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. We suggest that you try the steps below:

• Go to Network and Sharing Center.

• At the right pane, click Change adapter settings.

• Right click on your connection name (WiFi name) and Properties.

• Click the Configure... button.

• Go to Power Management tab.

• Uncheck/disable the radio button for "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power".

• Restart the PC (Important)

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jun 14, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Bad Wifi connection to my PC

Windows 10 - WIFI 2 - Cant connect

Hi
    Myamara,

It is possible that your drivers are outdated or the connection itself has the issue. We suggest that you perform
    these methods of troubleshooting
    and check if there are any changes:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your WiFi connection.

Method 2: Disable auto turn-off of WiFi device.

Go to
    Network and Sharing Center. At the
    right pane, click
    Change adapter settings.
    Right-click
    on your
    connection name(WiFi name)
    and go to
    Properties.Click
    the
    "Configure..."
    button and go to
    Power Management
    tab.Uncheck/disable
    the
    radio button
    for
    "Allow this device to turn off this device to save power". And then,
    Restart the PC(Important).

Method 3: Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 14, 2021
Thema:

Bad Wifi connection to my PC

1. Bad Wifi connection to my PC - Similar Threads - Bad Wifi connection

2. Bad WIFI on PC but not on Xbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad WIFI on PC but not on Xbox: My brand new PC HP Omen 40L cannot seem to get a strong connection to my internet. At first I thought it was the connection strength to my bedroom, however, my Xbox is right beside my PC and the same games on the same Wi-Fi don't lag nearly as bad as they do on my PC for...
  3. Bad WIFI on PC but not on Xbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad WIFI on PC but not on Xbox: My brand new PC HP Omen 40L cannot seem to get a strong connection to my internet. At first I thought it was the connection strength to my bedroom, however, my Xbox is right beside my PC and the same games on the same Wi-Fi don't lag nearly as bad as they do on my PC for...
  4. New gaming pc has bad wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New gaming pc has bad wifi connection: I just bought a new gaming pc and the WiFi is barely running. Already tried turning the router on and off but didn’t work and a bunch of other things. Could it be due to windows cumulative update still downloading? Or do I have to install the latest drivers? Please help...
  5. New gaming pc has bad wifi connection

New gaming pc has bad wifi connection: I just bought a new gaming pc and the WiFi is barely running. Already tried turning the router on and off but didn’t work and a bunch of other things. Could it be due to windows cumulative update still downloading? Or do I have to install the latest drivers? Please help...
  6. bad ethernet and wifi connection only on my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bad ethernet and wifi connection only on my pc: The ethernet and the wifi have recelty stopped working as good as it used too. When I first try to open a page it takes longer to load than it used too. And if I try to open it again it loads fine. This only happens on my pc....
  7. bad ethernet and wifi connection only on my pc

bad ethernet and wifi connection only on my pc: The ethernet and the wifi have recelty stopped working as good as it used too. When I first try to open a page it takes longer to load than it used too. And if I try to open it again it loads fine. This only happens on my pc....
  8. bad ethernet and wifi connection only on my pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. bad wifi on pc only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bad wifi on pc only: I don't have the best wifi but it works fine in all rooms on all devices except my pc, which drops out every few minutes and has many lag spikes. Webpages will not load for about a minute every now and then and then if I try to play an online game i get a spike of 200-700...
  10. Bad wifi connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad wifi connection: I recently got a new computer and there seems to be a problem it is unable to connect to the wifi. although it can see some wifi they're only at one bar and when you try and connect you get "No internet, secured" my router is in the room right next to me and my walls are...