Windows 10: bad wifi on pc only

Discus and support bad wifi on pc only in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't have the best wifi but it works fine in all rooms on all devices except my pc, which drops out every few minutes and has many lag spikes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by N8M8101, Nov 25, 2021 at 11:32 PM.

1. N8M8101 Win User

bad wifi on pc only

I don't have the best wifi but it works fine in all rooms on all devices except my pc, which drops out every few minutes and has many lag spikes. Webpages will not load for about a minute every now and then and then if I try to play an online game i get a spike of 200-700 ping every few dozen seconds. I have tried many fixes but none have worked so far. Need help pls :

:)

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

3. Question about WiFi and PC

Hello. I just set up my first WiFi network on my Windows PC in my home, but I want to make sure that I am doing everything properly as it relates to connecting.

On a Microsoft support page, it states the following on how to connect to your WiFi:

Connect a PC to your wireless network

1. Select the Network or icon in the notification area.
    2. In the list of networks, choose the network that you want to connect to, and then select Connect.
    3. Type the security key (often called the password).
    4. Follow additional instructions if there are any.
    When I turn on my PC, I notice that I get Internet access immediately. I don't need to follow steps 1-4 at all. I do not have the "Connect Automatically" box checked.

Why don't I have to click on the Connect button like step 2 states? I want to make sure that my WiFi is secure, also.

Thank you.

4. zcarlow Win User

bad wifi on pc only

Origin PC Build Advice

Most of the games I play are wifi reliant, but some aren't. What do you suggest I switch it out for (keep in mind, $3000 is my absolute cap).

Here is the change-up in PSU: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/z9tGGf

Thema:

bad wifi on pc only

1. bad wifi on pc only - Similar Threads - bad wifi

2. bad wifi on pc only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bad wifi on pc only: I don't have the best wifi but it works fine in all rooms on all devices except my pc, which drops out every few minutes and has many lag spikes. Webpages will not load for about a minute every now and then and then if I try to play an online game i get a spike of 200-700...
  3. bad wifi on pc only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bad wifi on pc only: I don't have the best wifi but it works fine in all rooms on all devices except my pc, which drops out every few minutes and has many lag spikes. Webpages will not load for about a minute every now and then and then if I try to play an online game i get a spike of 200-700...
  4. Bad wifi on computer suddenly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad wifi on computer suddenly: I have a router that has a speed of around 200 mbps. Everything seemed fine and the Wi-Fi on my computer was 200 mbps as usual and one day the Wi-Fi speed on my computer dropped down to around 30-40 mbps randomly. I restarted my computer to see if that would do anything and...
  5. Bad Wifi connection to my PC

Bad Wifi connection to my PC: I just got a pc and everything is running good besides my WiFi connection. My WiFi works great on my laptop averaging around 30-50 mbps download speed and averaging a ping between 20 to 40 as well as having full bars on the connection. My PC however averages around 1mbps and...
  6. Wifi stopped, Qalcomm grey then vanished, MS-bad advice

Wifi stopped, Qalcomm grey then vanished, MS-bad advice: Wifi stopped, Qalcomm grey then vanished, MS-bad advice Lenovo L340, still in warranty. WIN10-64. Latest update: 20H2 OS build 19042.867, KB5000802. [URL="https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-gaming-laptops/IdeaPad-L340-15IRH-Gaming/p/88IPL301161"] Day before...
  7. Wifi stopped, Qalcomm grey then vanished, MS-bad advice

in Windows 10 Support
    Wifi stopped, Qalcomm grey then vanished, MS-bad advice: Wifi stopped, Qalcomm grey then vanished, MS-bad advice Lenovo L340, still in warranty. WIN10-64. Latest update: 20H2 OS build 19042.867, KB5000802. [URL="https://www.lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/ideapad/ideapad-gaming-laptops/IdeaPad-L340-15IRH-Gaming/p/88IPL301161"] Day before...
  8. Xbox one s controller paired with windows 10 pc = bad wifi speed, highlatency.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one s controller paired with windows 10 pc = bad wifi speed, highlatency.: My xbox one s controller bluetooth paired with my windows 10 pc causes high latency in video games, such as Fortnite. Someone please help as when my controller is off no lag is intended....
  9. Bad Realtek wifi hardware/card on Win 10 HP, full rebuild necessary?

Bad Realtek wifi hardware/card on Win 10 HP, full rebuild necessary?: Hi, I have a couple questions about wifi problems, warranty repair and backup for restoring. My 1 year old HP Win 10 v1909 notebook has a problem with intermittent wifi slowdowns. It has a Realtek RTL8822CE adapter which is apparently notorious for seeming fine, then melting...
  10. Bad Realtek wifi hardware/card on Win 10 HP, full rebuild necessary?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Realtek wifi hardware/card on Win 10 HP, full rebuild necessary?: Hi, I have a couple questions about wifi problems, warranty repair and backup for restoring. My 1 year old HP Win 10 v1909 notebook has a problem with intermittent wifi slowdowns. It has a Realtek RTL8822CE adapter which is apparently notorious for seeming fine, then melting...