Windows 10: bad wifi on pc only

Discus and support bad wifi on pc only in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't have the best wifi but it works fine in all rooms on all devices except my pc, which drops out every few minutes and has many lag spikes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by N8M8101, Nov 25, 2021.

1. N8M8101 Win User

bad wifi on pc only

I don't have the best wifi but it works fine in all rooms on all devices except my pc, which drops out every few minutes and has many lag spikes. Webpages will not load for about a minute every now and then and then if I try to play an online game i get a spike of 200-700 ping every few dozen seconds. I have tried many fixes but none have worked so far. Need help pls :

:)

N8M8101, Nov 25, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Question about WiFi and PC

Hello. I just set up my first WiFi network on my Windows PC in my home, but I want to make sure that I am doing everything properly as it relates to connecting.

On a Microsoft support page, it states the following on how to connect to your WiFi:

Connect a PC to your wireless network

1. Select the Network or icon in the notification area.
    2. In the list of networks, choose the network that you want to connect to, and then select Connect.
    3. Type the security key (often called the password).
    4. Follow additional instructions if there are any.
    When I turn on my PC, I notice that I get Internet access immediately. I don't need to follow steps 1-4 at all. I do not have the "Connect Automatically" box checked.

Why don't I have to click on the Connect button like step 2 states? I want to make sure that my WiFi is secure, also.

Thank you.

LadyWhite369, Nov 25, 2021
  4. zcarlow Win User

bad wifi on pc only

Origin PC Build Advice

Most of the games I play are wifi reliant, but some aren't. What do you suggest I switch it out for (keep in mind, $3000 is my absolute cap).

Here is the change-up in PSU: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/z9tGGf

zcarlow, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

bad wifi on pc only

1. bad wifi on pc only - Similar Threads - bad wifi

2. Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?: Why is wifi only bad for me laptop?it's an acer nitro 5 an517-55 with an intel core i7 12650H, rtx 4050 Killer WiFi 6E, i bought this not too long ago and it's wifi performance compared to other devices is horrible, i use windows 11 as it came with it, it's been like this for...
  3. Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is wifi only bad for my laptop?: Why is wifi only bad for me laptop?it's an acer nitro 5 an517-55 with an intel core i7 12650H, rtx 4050 Killer WiFi 6E, i bought this not too long ago and it's wifi performance compared to other devices is horrible, i use windows 11 as it came with it, it's been like this for...
  4. ASUS TUF GAMING A15 Bad wifi + Disconnecting .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASUS TUF GAMING A15 Bad wifi + Disconnecting .: Hello,I recently bought a TUF Gaming Laptop for an upgrade from my old laptop for gaming so that it'll run faster. However since I bought it I've noticed the wifi connection on my TUF laptop is much worse than my old laptop Lenovo V145. I ran speed checks on both side by side...
  5. ASUS TUF GAMING A15 Bad wifi + Disconnecting .

ASUS TUF GAMING A15 Bad wifi + Disconnecting .: Hello,I recently bought a TUF Gaming Laptop for an upgrade from my old laptop for gaming so that it'll run faster. However since I bought it I've noticed the wifi connection on my TUF laptop is much worse than my old laptop Lenovo V145. I ran speed checks on both side by side...
  6. Bad WIFI on PC but not on Xbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad WIFI on PC but not on Xbox: My brand new PC HP Omen 40L cannot seem to get a strong connection to my internet. At first I thought it was the connection strength to my bedroom, however, my Xbox is right beside my PC and the same games on the same Wi-Fi don't lag nearly as bad as they do on my PC for...
  7. Bad WIFI on PC but not on Xbox

Bad WIFI on PC but not on Xbox: My brand new PC HP Omen 40L cannot seem to get a strong connection to my internet. At first I thought it was the connection strength to my bedroom, however, my Xbox is right beside my PC and the same games on the same Wi-Fi don't lag nearly as bad as they do on my PC for...
  8. Audio quality is bad for online meetings when using WiFi 5Ghz only and not with Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio quality is bad for online meetings when using WiFi 5Ghz only and not with Ethernet?: The audio quality is bad and choppy in a PC gameValorant which uses VOIP protocol for in-game communication and also when I'm on WebEx Call/Meetings. This only happens when I'm connected to Internet via Wifi5Ghz - 300 Mbps. However, I do not have any issues with audio if...
  9. Audio quality is bad for online meetings when using WiFi 5Ghz only and not with Ethernet?

Audio quality is bad for online meetings when using WiFi 5Ghz only and not with Ethernet?: The audio quality is bad and choppy in a PC gameValorant which uses VOIP protocol for in-game communication and also when I'm on WebEx Call/Meetings. This only happens when I'm connected to Internet via Wifi5Ghz - 300 Mbps. However, I do not have any issues with audio if...
  10. Pc has bad WiFi and a very slow mbps not even megabyte it’s 250-400 kbs

Pc has bad WiFi and a very slow mbps not even megabyte it’s 250-400 kbs: Someone please help I have a problem with my pc I just bought it and when I downloaded some games on it was extremely slow I didn’t even get mbps I got 200 kbs, I was trying to run warzone on it but it said it would take 1-2 days to download, on the other hand my potato...