Windows 10: Bad Windows 10 installation deactivated my Windows 7

Discus and support Bad Windows 10 installation deactivated my Windows 7 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, today my friend wanted to upgrade his windows 7 to windows 10. So we did that. But it cannot install it because error FIRST_BOOT or something. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DominiCzech, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Bad Windows 10 installation deactivated my Windows 7

Hey, today my friend wanted to upgrade his windows 7 to windows 10. So we did that. But it cannot install it because error FIRST_BOOT or something. It said something like: "We get your windows 7 back right before the new Windows 10". But it also deactivated old win 7 and was also it saying THIS WINDOWS 7 ISN'T REAL or something like that. Please help

submitted by /u/DominiCzech
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DominiCzech, Oct 11, 2020

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 11, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 11, 2020
  4. Bad Windows 10 installation deactivated my Windows 7

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Hi guys,
    Okay, so I wanted to know, I currently have a pc at home with a paid Windows 7 installed. I am getting a new computer either Friday or Monday with an SSD. Seeing as I want Windows 10 now and not 7 and I want it on my SSD how to I get to do this. I already downloaded a Windows 10 file in order to make one of my flash drives eligible for a windows 10 installation.

Will it be possible for me to just install windows 10 on the new SSD with this flash drive using my Windows 7 key, whilst my original windows 7 is still installed on the old Hard drive. And if it is how to I go about deleting my old OS from the HDD, seeing as I also want to use that HDD in my new pc, without formatting all the games I have on it currently?

Thank you in advance

MichaelDFF, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

Bad Windows 10 installation deactivated my Windows 7

1. Bad Windows 10 installation deactivated my Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Bad installation deactivated

2. Deactivate Windows 10 installed on Parallels on a Mac

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Deactivate Windows 10 installed on Parallels on a Mac: I installed Windows 10 on Parallels on a Mac running High Sierra. The Mac has been upgraded to Catalina and my version of Parallels will not run on this 32 bit versus 64 bit, thus there is no way that I can use Windows 10 on the Mac without major changes. How can I deactivate...
  3. Deactivate Windows 10 installed on Parallels on a Mac

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deactivate Windows 10 installed on Parallels on a Mac: I installed Windows 10 on Parallels on a Mac running High Sierra. The Mac has been upgraded to Catalina and my version of Parallels will not run on this 32 bit versus 64 bit, thus there is no way that I can use Windows 10 on the Mac without major changes. How can I deactivate...
  4. Deactivate Windows 10 installed on Parallels on a Mac

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 is bad, its very bad! Use Windows 7 or Debian instead!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 is bad, its very bad! Use Windows 7 or Debian instead!: We dont microsoft no more submitted by /u/viemcalub [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/qwm1xq/windows_10_is_bad_its_very_bad_use_windows_7_or/
  6. Windows 10 Deactivated

Windows 10 Deactivated: I used a Fortnite HWID Spoofer to get unbanned from the game, and I reinstalled Windows 10 and it gave me Windows 10 Home! Even though when I purchased my device it had Windows 10 on it, I dont get it what should I do?...
  7. windows 10 bad installs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 bad installs: every time I install win 10 I get corrupted files. **** is going on and why cant I just enjoy ur os why is it so **** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bad-installs/c59fe6a7-1df9-4ffc-b685-e0427bb9acd9
  8. Windows 7 to 10 upgrade deactivates Office on most computers

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Windows 7 to 10 upgrade deactivates Office on most computers: I've upgraded just about a dozen different computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the media creation tool. Most had Office versions 2010 thru 2016 installed for years. I can't remember any of them NOT requiring me to reactivate Office after the upgrade to Windows 10. Am...
  9. Windows 10 Deactivating after 7 months

Windows 10 Deactivating after 7 months: Hello Microsoft community, so I've seen a few posts about this, and I have a bit of a special case. So a few months ago, I got a computer from a friend who previously had Windows 7 on it and later upgraded it to 10. When I got it, I factory reset it, and linked the license...
  10. My Windows 10 installation deactivated after I installed a new motherboard.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Windows 10 installation deactivated after I installed a new motherboard.: As the title says I installed a new motherboard since my old one had died. Since then, windows has deactivated. My computer was on windows 7 before moving to Windows 10 during the free Windows 10 event. I have tried updating the product key as shown on the side of my case,...