Windows 10: Bad wireless performance from Intel 3165 WiFi card

Discus and support Bad wireless performance from Intel 3165 WiFi card in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've recently been experiencing a solid amount of buffering while watching Youtube videos(1080p) and twitch/mixer livestreams. I have a 100mbps up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AaronMathias, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Bad wireless performance from Intel 3165 WiFi card

I've recently been experiencing a solid amount of buffering while watching Youtube videos(1080p) and twitch/mixer livestreams. I have a 100mbps up and 50mbps down Fiber connection. I mostly watch videos on WiFi.

My Laptop-

Dell 5567

Intel AC 3165 WiFi card.

I have no problem watching any of these on my Xbox or phone or iPad. I can even watch 4k YouTube on my Xbox.

The Following screenshots show the results of a speed test that I performed on my Laptop and iPad. Both were taken in the same room, at the exact same distance and at the same time of the day.

1) Laptop

Bad wireless performance from Intel 3165 WiFi card 85c7096e-5ce9-442b-9ce4-9d881cb4c5d3?upload=true.jpg

2)iPad

Bad wireless performance from Intel 3165 WiFi card 0bb6a0d5-232f-47ba-9e53-ab8716df00e8?upload=true.jpg

Time and date are clearly visible.

The latest drivers have been installed.

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks in Advance

:)

AaronMathias, Sep 3, 2019

2. Wifi constantly dropping out - Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 network adapter

Purchased a new HP Envy laptop 2 years ago. It came with Intel (R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 network adapter. From day one the wireless dropped out on numerous routers. The machine has been replaced twice by Computer World but I've had the same problem
    with each machine. Any suggestions?

CHRIS CALLOW, Sep 3, 2019
  3. JerickS Win User
    Error code 45 with Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

Original Title: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

My Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 has a problem which is code 45 and I need help fixing this. I'm not sure what I should do and I do not understand when it's says "reconnect this hardware device to the computer."

Also when I go to my device manager and expand Network Adapters I only see 3 points/devices and when I go to view, and click "show hidden devices" that's when I see all the other devices including my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165

JerickS, Sep 3, 2019
  4. yousaf465 Win User

Bad wireless performance from Intel 3165 WiFi card

Strange Download speed on Intel Wifi Ac 3165

Network is setup as following

ADSL Modem Sagecomm 2704N (DNS Host) (SSID: Wifi) ----- Router Dual Band wireless N (Openwrt Installed) (SSID : OpenWrt 2.4Ghz and OpenWrt 5 Ghz) .

Internet was down for a few days due to an issue with the copper wire, it was restored yesterday. Connection is 20mbps.

If I connect through Ethernet, I get full 20mbps download speed as verified by Task Manger in all my application such as Internet download manager, but if connect through Wifi, maximum download is 5.4 mbps. If I switch to Openwrt (any of two, 2.4ghz and 5ghz) the speed increases to 20mbps. This is also true if I switch from Openwrt to Wifi.

The arrow shows the point when I switched the SSID.

Bad wireless performance from Intel 3165 WiFi card [​IMG]

Speed test

Bad wireless performance from Intel 3165 WiFi card [​IMG]

This is not the case on my other devices including second laptop and Smartphones. Speed test on those devices shows 20mbps.

yousaf465, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Bad wireless performance from Intel 3165 WiFi card

1. Bad wireless performance from Intel 3165 WiFi card - Similar Threads - Bad wireless performance

2. Intel Wireless Wifi Link 4965AGN

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Wireless Wifi Link 4965AGN: Hello, I own a HP Pavilion DV9500 Laptop with an Intel Wireless Wifi Link 4965AGN. I can connect to my internet access point only in 802.11G mode. Indead, if I activate the N mode I often get a BSOD. Apperantly, the N mode for this adaptor is not compatible with Windows 10....
  3. Intel's WiFi 6 AX200 combo wireless & BT card

Intel's WiFi 6 AX200 combo wireless & BT card: I am having BT issues with my laptop as it refuses to appear in DM or anywhere else. Cannot add any BT device such as a mouse because BT seems to not be active. I have a Samsung 940X3G laptop. I'm running Win10 with Beta and everything else is running fine. I have tried...
  4. Wifi adapter intel ac 3165 not found since windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wifi adapter intel ac 3165 not found since windows update: Hello, I've got the same issue in 2018, a windows KB update has shutdown my wifi adapter card intel ac-3165, last time i have uninstalled the KB in cause, but now i get the problem back with another KB, i don't know whom since i have clean-up the computer for getting free...
  5. Intel Wireless Card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intel Wireless Card: I am using dell inspiron 7559. I just upgraded my wifi card to Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260. But I am not getting the 5g speed. I have the latest driver. I am facing this problem only one windows. When I switch to ubuntu I get 200 Mbps speed. But when I switch to windows...
  6. Wifi disconnect Intel AC7260 card

Wifi disconnect Intel AC7260 card: Got a Dell Latitude 5540 that I cleanly installed Windows 10 Pro 1903 on and now the 2.4 wireless connection drops frequently and randomly. I went to Intel and installed their latest driver because it was newer then Dell's and installed fine. But the disconnects continue and...
  7. Intel Wireless Card Showing As Disconnected from the computer

Intel Wireless Card Showing As Disconnected from the computer: Every time I start my laptop my Wifi card shows as disconnected from the computer (when looking in windows device manager). I have to uninstall the device through device manager, shut down my laptop, wait, and then start it up. This then detects the card and I can access...
  8. intel 3165 wifi driver not working fter october 2018 update

intel 3165 wifi driver not working fter october 2018 update: after I installed the October 2018 drivers update in my dell 5568 Vostro pc my wifi driver was unable to install after then is not installed yet . It is showing that the windows is still setting up the class configuration for the device. technical support is unable to help...
  9. Strange Download speed on Intel Wifi Ac 3165

Strange Download speed on Intel Wifi Ac 3165: Network is setup as following ADSL Modem Sagecomm 2704N (DNS Host) (SSID: Wifi) ----- Router Dual Band wireless N (Openwrt Installed) (SSID : OpenWrt 2.4Ghz and OpenWrt 5 Ghz) . Internet was down for a few days due to an issue with the copper wire, it was restored...
  10. Killer vs. Intel network cards performance

Killer vs. Intel network cards performance: I happen to have a family of three Dell machines in the house - a new arrival XPS 9360, an old beast Precision M4800 and an "aspiring" Inspirion 5667. The new XPS 9360 is equipped with the Killer 1535 wifi card while the old models came with Intel cards. I've run tens of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. intel(r) dual band wireless-ac 3165 wifi card why am i connecting to 2.4hz 802.11g