Windows 10: Bad_Pool_caller blue screen error after opening Avid Pro Tools pt.2

Discus and support Bad_Pool_caller blue screen error after opening Avid Pro Tools pt.2 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having a issue with my computer ever since it was corrupted by a windows update. I have a Focusrite scarlett 2i2 audio interface and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Etienne Wasil, May 23, 2020.

1. Bad_Pool_caller blue screen error after opening Avid Pro Tools pt.2

Hello,

I've been having a issue with my computer ever since it was corrupted by a windows update. I have a Focusrite scarlett 2i2 audio interface and every time i change the bit-rate of it, my computer crashes with a blue screen and says "Error Code: Bad_Pool_Caller". I already created a question awhile ago asking why it does this and it was due to a driver update. However, when I updated it, it did open Avid pro tools and worked for about 2 days. Now it keeps crashing almost every time i open Pro Tools or if i change the bit-rate. I reinstalled the drivers multiple times, and I know its the correct ones because the Focusrite website is linked to my serial number for the drivers.

Here are the Dump Files and MSINFO file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_jheSY0u1uUQX0LwzoBu1cuUQhnmIAGC

Thank you

:)

Etienne Wasil, May 23, 2020
  2. ampnerd Win User

Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install

I am trying to install the application "Avid Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.4 onto both of my laptop PC's running Windows 10. Both machines had a clean install of Windows 10 just a week ago and have very little software on them as of yet, in other words they are both identical and very recent/clean systems. One installs "Pro Tools" just fine, the other does not......
    On the first of the two PC's the install goes just fine and everything is installed correctly and Pro Tools works as expected. On second machine the install will not complete and behaves differently during the installation process. On this second machine when I run the installer it starts fine but then after 30 seconds it displays a "Windows Installer v5" window. This window did not appear during the installation on the first machine.
    This window pops up 3 times to which I have to click OK to so it will keep installing. Just before it appears the third time I get a new "Install Shield Wizard" window appear at the bottom of the screen that I think is the actual installation of the main Pro Tools app (the previous installation windows were installing the peripheral software I think).
    As soon as this Install Shield Wizard window pops up I get the third "Windows Installer v5" window and as soon as I click OK to that the Install Shield Wizard window disappears and the application stops installing.
    What could be going on that it won't let the main installer run, or rather quits it right after it starts? These machines are identical in terms of hardware and software. I have attached photos below of the process.

Bad_Pool_caller blue screen error after opening Avid Pro Tools  pt.2 [​IMG]

ampnerd, May 23, 2020
  3. Blue screen Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER

i am getting an error like "BAD_POOL_CALLER" error on a blue screen and system gets restarted automatically.

Please help to resolve this issue?

nileshsharma3112, May 23, 2020
  4. Jan Del Win User

Bad_Pool_caller blue screen error after opening Avid Pro Tools pt.2

blue screen error bad_pool_caller

Hi,

The Windows 10 Bad Pool Caller is often caused by driver errors or by overclocking. We suggest checking this
    article and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested as an initial troubleshooting steps to resolve your
    BSOD issue on your PC.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Jan Del, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Bad_Pool_caller blue screen error after opening Avid Pro Tools pt.2

1. Bad_Pool_caller blue screen error after opening Avid Pro Tools pt.2 - Similar Threads - Bad_Pool_caller blue screen

2. Blue Screen of Death: Bad_Pool_caller message

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen of Death: Bad_Pool_caller message: I have a new HP laptop that I purchased in November of 2022. I am a consultant working from home and use a VPN to access my clients sites. Since Friday, I have been unable to access their sites even though I am successfuly logged on with VPN. If I try to access their site, my...
  3. Blue Screen of Death: Bad_Pool_caller message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Screen of Death: Bad_Pool_caller message: I have a new HP laptop that I purchased in November of 2022. I am a consultant working from home and use a VPN to access my clients sites. Since Friday, I have been unable to access their sites even though I am successfuly logged on with VPN. If I try to access their site, my...
  4. Windows blue screen Bad_pool_caller information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows blue screen Bad_pool_caller information: Facing this : Bad_pool_caller plus a blue screen. Not sure of the best moove... Drivers’s issue ? https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/16GWI6FcL-l8i6voXolhDZgGefriAPLWg?usp=sharing...
  5. Bad_Pool_caller blue screen error after opening Avid Pro Tools

Bad_Pool_caller blue screen error after opening Avid Pro Tools: Hi, I just installed Avid Pro Tools on my computer and as soon as its done loading everything, a blue screen appears on my screen saying "Your pc ran into a problem and needs to restart" and the error code is "Bad_Pool_Caller". The very first time tried opening it, it gave...
  6. avid pro tools first error 1935

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    avid pro tools first error 1935: I keep getting this message when I try to install pro tools with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/avid-pro-tools-first-error-1935/ad837f77-9155-4fde-bad2-674c11b79d0f
  7. Is this possible? Pt 2

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Is this possible? Pt 2: Excuse me, I was not trolling. I have integrated graphics that is why I was wanting to know if a virtual graphics card can be used that is a discrete graphics card.
  8. BAD_POOL_CALLER - Blue screen

BAD_POOL_CALLER - Blue screen: Hello, Recently my laptop stops and I get the above mentioned Blue screen, I tried everything (except reinstalling windows) It happens unexpectedly while im doing random tasks, or watching a move or playing a game. Can anyone give me an idea why this is happening ?...
  9. Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install: I am trying to install the application "Avid Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.4 onto both of my laptop PC's running Windows 10. Both machines had a clean install of Windows 10 just a week ago and have very little software on them as of yet, in other words they are both identical and...
  10. Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Installer v5 problem. Avid Pro Tools unable to install: I am trying to install the application "Avid Pro Tools Ultimate 2018.4 onto both of my laptop PC's running Windows 10. Both machines had a clean install of Windows 10 just a week ago and have very little software on them as of yet, in other words they are both identical and...