Windows 10: bad_system_config

Discus and support bad_system_config in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i need help with fixing bad_system_config during bootup. i have no access to windows whatsoever, cant use safe mode. have tried a lot of things via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alexander956, Jul 1, 2020.

1. bad_system_config

i need help with fixing bad_system_config during bootup.

i have no access to windows whatsoever, cant use safe mode.

have tried a lot of things via cmd such as bootrec, and cant seem to get bcdedit to work.

:)

Alexander956, Jul 1, 2020
  2. MohamedMu Win User

Windows stuck in Recovery environment "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG-INFO"

After turning on my computer yesterday for the first time that day my computer had issues starting up and went straight into the windows recovery environment. I do not seem to be able to get out of this mode and am unsure of what to do. The code I am given
    is BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG-INFO

MohamedMu, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Windows BSOD error bad_system_config.

So here we go. I seem to have made a huge mistake. I was using my computer and it was working flawlessly and i went somewhere so i put it in sleep mode. Once i came back i had totally forgotten and removed my hard drive and put it inside my laptop to
    skype my girlfriend (because i don't have a webcam on my desktop) and the windows 10 OS worked fine once i tried to plug the hard drive back into my desktop it relized it was back on hibernate mode and was acting funky so i restarted it but it wouldn't boot
    due to the "bad_system_config" error. I have a pretty good understanding of computers and i was just wondering how i could get it back up. I have no recovery disk or anything. anything i can do before i have to format it?

P.s. if there is a value i can change in bcdedit to get rid of the error i would love it. Thank you in the future for your help.

-Sincerely, the guy who messed up his computer

LorenzoMartinez651, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Blaine Win User

bad_system_config

Windows 10 is messed up (bad_system_config)

So it all started when I took out my system disk and stuck it in another computer (windows 7) to access files. I used the windows 7 os for everything, and on one boot it ran chkdisk on my windows 10 hard drive. When I put the Win 10 hard drive back in my original computer, it bsod'd on boot with the error (ntfs_file_system). I then tried the "automatic repair" option from the windows 10 boot menu, but that only made matters worse, changing the bsod message to (bad_system_config).

I tried booting to a windows 7 install on the same computer, and it couldn't get into the filesystem of my windows 10 drive, saying access is denied (though i could before this mess started)

I ran checkdisk again, this time from windows 7. Maybe this fixed the file system, who knows, but i still can't get aroud the bad_system_config bsod. I still can't access the files from windows 7.

Safe mode doesn't work either. I had a restore point, but for some reason windows doesn't find it... (maybe cause the file system is messed up)

should i just choose the "reset windows" option? will it keep my files even in this state? preferably, is there another way to fix it...

Update: bootrec /fixboot and bootrec /fixmbr have not helped

running chkdisk from within windows 10 cmd prompt has not helped

awesome news: while windows 7 can't see the filesystem, it is still accessible from linux, so I can copy off all my files to then reinstall windows.

final update: I resorted to reinstalling windows. Took 7 hours to set my computer back up how it used to be, but all is good now. Just wish windows wouldn't automatically corrupt my file system in 2 ways

Blaine, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

bad_system_config

1. bad_system_config - Similar Threads - bad_system_config

2. It's about BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    It's about BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG error: Assalomu Alaykum! My name is Shohjahon. I have a problem it's about BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG I fed up this problem, i could not fix this. I watched all the video tutorials but it did not help. My all project has deleted. This is the third time in a week so I need help. I install...
  3. It's about BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It's about BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG error: Assalomu Alaykum! My name is Shohjahon. I have a problem it's about BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG I fed up this problem, i could not fix this. I watched all the video tutorials but it did not help. My all project has deleted. This is the third time in a week so I need help. I install...
  4. It's about BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 updated yesterday. Blue screen show in Bad_System_config. All it does is reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updated yesterday. Blue screen show in Bad_System_config. All it does is reboot.: Windows 11 did another up date yesterday. Now my computer just reboots saying Bad_System_Config. Tried everything online. My computer is in a loop. HELP...
  6. Windows 11 updated yesterday. Blue screen show in Bad_System_config. All it does is reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updated yesterday. Blue screen show in Bad_System_config. All it does is reboot.: Windows 11 did another up date yesterday. Now my computer just reboots saying Bad_System_Config. Tried everything online. My computer is in a loop. HELP...
  7. Bad_System_Config error I need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad_System_Config error I need help: I was playing valorant and my computer got blue screen.After that I open the computer and said Automatic repair error and I try all the things but I can't figured out please help me. Windows 10 I hope you can understand my english submitted by /u/baldMaos_hat [link]...
  8. Windows stuck in Recovery environment "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG-INFO"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows stuck in Recovery environment "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG-INFO": After turning on my computer yesterday for the first time that day my computer had issues starting up and went straight into the windows recovery environment. I do not seem to be able to get out of this mode and am unsure of what to do. The code I am given is...