Windows 10: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Discus and support BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Galera, eu tenho um amigo que está com problema no w10... é o erro de BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Ele disse que antes de dar esse erro, o PC estava lento,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Guilherme Souza, May 25, 2020.

1. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Galera, eu tenho um amigo que está com problema no w10... é o erro de BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO Ele disse que antes de dar esse erro, o PC estava lento, então ele decidiu reiniciar, porém quando ele foi ligar de novo deu o erro
    [7:08 PM]
    Alguma ideia pra resolver?
    [7:08 PM]

Ele já tentou arrumar usando os comandos bcdedit

bcdedit /deletevalue {default} numproc bcdedit /deletevalue {default} truncatememory

E também tentando arrumar o arquivo BCD

[com esses comandos:
    bootrec /rebuildbcd bootrec /scanos bootrec /fixmbr

:)

Guilherme Souza, May 25, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Blue Screen error with Bad_System_Config_Info after an upgrade

Hi Jan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts take by you in resolving the issue. I understand that after an upgrade you are receive Blue Screen error on the computer with Bad_System_Config_Info. I’ll help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the update that was installed on the computer recently?
    • What is the complete model number of the computer that you are using?

The “Bad_System_Config_Info” error means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Error 0x74: Bad_system_config_info
    and see if that helps.

Note: The last step in the above article talks about performing a reset on the computer. Resetting the computer will delete all the files and applications from the computer. Do not perform reset on your computer.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . Select
    After an update was installed
    and perform the suggested steps.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 25, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Hi Tanveer,

There may be several reasons why you are getting these error message. One of which can be because of a corrupted system file. We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error codes except from the error message BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO ?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried setting it again to your previous settings and see if the issue still persist?
    The error, bad config info means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. Kindly follow the steps below to perform a system restore:

• Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the power button, then turn it back on. When you see your PC manufacturer's logo, turn the PC off again. Repeat the process until you see
      Please wait.
    • Select Troubleshoot, then choose Advanced options >
      System Restore.
    • Choose an administrator account and enter the password. Select Continue.
    • Choose a restore point to restart your PC to. Select last known good configuration.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 25, 2020
  4. Eric Ber Win User

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

Windows 10 with BAD_System_Config_info message

Hi Indika,

The BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO bug check has a value of 0x00000074. This bug check indicates that there is an error in the registry. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you able to go to desktop?
    • If yes, which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try the steps in this
    link
    to troubleshoot blue screen issues.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, May 25, 2020
Thema:

BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

1. BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO - Similar Threads - BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

2. bad_system_config_info blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bad_system_config_info blue screen of death: Hi,This incident happened to me about a week ago when I used my Asus Laptop, a blue screen of death appeared with a stop error code blue_system_config_info. I cannot unlock my Bitlocker encrypted drive even I typed the correct recovery key. I tried system restore and some...
  3. bad_system_config_info blue screen of death

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bad_system_config_info blue screen of death: Hi,This incident happened to me about a week ago when I used my Asus Laptop, a blue screen of death appeared with a stop error code blue_system_config_info. I cannot unlock my Bitlocker encrypted drive even I typed the correct recovery key. I tried system restore and some...
  4. Windows Startup Error "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" after new update

Windows Startup Error "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" after new update: I got the new firmware update in windows 11 and after restarting the system itself and signed out from the account and it is showing the Error "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". I tried all kinds of troubleshooting and nothing is working even PC isn't resetting.Now it isnt showing the...
  5. Windows Startup Error "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" after new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Startup Error "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO" after new update: I got the new firmware update in windows 11 and after restarting the system itself and signed out from the account and it is showing the Error "BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". I tried all kinds of troubleshooting and nothing is working even PC isn't resetting.Now it isnt showing the...
  6. I am getting BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error: I had started my laptopAnd typed ‘msconfig’ in quick run.Then I went to boot sectionOver there I went to advancedThere was an option of ‘maximum memory’ so I had changed it a Little unknowingly that what will happen next.Then I restarted my laptop and now I am getting a...
  7. I am getting BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error

I am getting BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error: I had started my laptopAnd typed ‘msconfig’ in quick run.Then I went to boot sectionOver there I went to advancedThere was an option of ‘maximum memory’ so I had changed it a Little unknowingly that what will happen next.Then I restarted my laptop and now I am getting a...
  8. I am getting BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error so what should I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am getting BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error so what should I do?: I had changes the maximum memory on my windows 7 HP laptop 64-bit. Now my laptop has stopped working. I am getting BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error. What should I do next. Ca you help me in how to fix this problem. I am not able to start laptop when I try to blue screen comes and...
  9. I am getting BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error so what should I do?

I am getting BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error so what should I do?: I had changes the maximum memory on my windows 7 HP laptop 64-bit. Now my laptop has stopped working. I am getting BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO error. What should I do next. Ca you help me in how to fix this problem. I am not able to start laptop when I try to blue screen comes and...
  10. Windows PC becoming a huge problem-BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, won't now open auto repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows PC becoming a huge problem-BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, won't now open auto repair: Hello, I have a laptop running Windows 11 21H2 22000.588, with 128 GB SSD 0 bytes free, most were system files and cannot delete them as it will not boot , Intel i5200U and when I turn it on, it gives me a BSoD, then launching Startup Repair. Recently, I tried to use the...