Windows 10: Badly corrupted boot drive

Discus and support Badly corrupted boot drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My goal here is to try to fix my current issues without deleting anything/any applications. Last month's update really damaged my computer badly for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NGspeedy, Nov 6, 2020.

1. NGspeedy Win User

Badly corrupted boot drive

My goal here is to try to fix my current issues without deleting anything/any applications.

Last month's update really damaged my computer badly for no absolute reason at all. Now my pc is near to inaccessible.

Other suggested media creation tool which i could not use due to the app giving me the error -1073741515 every time i attempt to open it. I will IGNORE every response to this thread that involves something that requires me to open a certain app due to how nearly all of the repair apps are non functional/apps that are provided by windows are inaccessible. I would accept any response/answers that involves me using a second pc/using my thumb drive or any solution in/outside my OS BIOS that does work. Thank you for your attention.

Edit: Resetting my pc does not work as Windows doesn't give a clear message as to why it failed several times.

:)

NGspeedy, Nov 6, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Nov 6, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Boot Device not found

Hi Alan,

Corrupted system files or it boot to a different hard drive that it why you received the message Boot Device no found. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to perform automatic repair:

• Force turn off your computer/device 3 times until you reach the Automatic Repair environment.
    • On the list of options under Advance options, choose Start-up Repair and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 6, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Can't boot from DVD drive

Is your controller in RAID/AHCI modes? If so, the DVD drive will be listed as a separate device in the list of available boot devices, not as "CDROM". Remember that when setting boot device priority. Otherwise, read the manual to see which hotkey during POST brings up the boot menu that lets you select which device to boot from. Even here, the drive will be listed separately, and not as "CDROM".

btarunr, Nov 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Badly corrupted boot drive - Similar Threads - Badly corrupted boot

2. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt: So, I have two different drives I use to boot my PC. One came with the PC, it's HDD, it has an OS with Windows 10 on it. The second is an m.2 SSD, I mainly use this one. The second has Windows 11 with all my saved games. Recently I've been trying to overclock my CPU, and...
  3. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt: So, I have two different drives I use to boot my PC. One came with the PC, it's HDD, it has an OS with Windows 10 on it. The second is an m.2 SSD, I mainly use this one. The second has Windows 11 with all my saved games. Recently I've been trying to overclock my CPU, and...
  4. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive: I recently purchased an SSD drive, and cloned by boot drive to it using the Acronis True Image for Crucial software. The cloning process completed, and I booted from the SSD drive. But the clone is corrupt. I can log in to Windows, but immediately after that I get a long...
  6. Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive

Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive: I recently purchased an SSD drive, and cloned by boot drive to it using the Acronis True Image for Crucial software. The cloning process completed, and I booted from the SSD drive. But the clone is corrupt. I can log in to Windows, but immediately after that I get a long...
  7. Fix corrupted SSD clone boot drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Corrupted Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Boot: Hi,I recently made two major updates and one of them corrupted my Boot . One of the updates was the newest version of Windows 11 and the other one was a BIOS update from HP's official website.When I finally restarted my computer It wouldn't boot back up and it got stuck in...
  9. Corrupted Boot

Corrupted Boot: Hi,I recently made two major updates and one of them corrupted my Boot . One of the updates was the newest version of Windows 11 and the other one was a BIOS update from HP's official website.When I finally restarted my computer It wouldn't boot back up and it got stuck in...
  10. Corrupted boot hard drive and reinstalling Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted boot hard drive and reinstalling Windows?: Hello all! Posting from a throwaway I have a corrupted hard drive issue that I am trying to resolve. I was trying to wipe it clean and start fresh with a completely new install of Windows 10. The new install failed, and I received a blue screen of death error. No matter what...