Windows 10: Baffled by Wifi connection

Discus and support Baffled by Wifi connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the ZyXEL AMG1201-T10A router, all of the lights are lit up in green. I am able to gain access to the internet on my desktop pc, via the B-LINK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kimmeh, Jul 7, 2016.

1. kimmeh Win User

Baffled by Wifi connection

I have the ZyXEL AMG1201-T10A router, all of the lights are lit up in green. I am able to gain access to the internet on my desktop pc, via the B-LINK Wireless Network adapater. However, the speed has decreased.

https://i.imgur.com/oljvDft.jpg

The problem is, other devices are unable to use the internet. We have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and that can detect and connect to the Wifi but we are unable to actually use the internet on our phones. For example, we unable to perform a simple google search as it will return nothing but a white blank page that eventually turns into a connection error message. My PS4 can detect the Wifi but is unable to connect.

I have tried the following:

1. Restarting the router manually
    2. Logging into the router and restarting the router
    3. Reset to factory settings.
    4. Changing the channel.
    5. Restarted the android phones.
    6. Reformatted the Samsung S5
    7. Reset to factory settings on PS4

No success with any of the above.

This has just happened suddenly within the last 24 hours, and I am pulling my hair out to find out why and how to fix the problem. I am baffled how I can connect on my desktop pc with a wireless adapter but no other devices that was working perfectly yesterday. My ISP isn't having any problems so I am stumped.

:)

kimmeh, Jul 7, 2016
  2. Benj99 Win User

X6 keeps trying to use wrong wifi

If I connect my X6 to my work wifi, and then try to launch the internet or Ovi Store, it always tries to connect via my home wifi. Even though my home wifi is too far away to appear in the list of available networks, and I've just connected to my work wifi.

Baffling.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Benj99, Jul 7, 2016
  3. Baffled by Windows 10

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

Windows 10 comes inbuilt with Photo app, the Photo app will combine both on-device photos as well as those located on a user's OneDrive account, and eliminates any duplicate photos. The app will also
    include some automatic image enhancing, but users an can toggle on/off to see the original photo. The enhancements will remove red-eye, balances.

I would suggest you to copy the images individually & paste in the photo app & check if the issue persists.

Also suggest you to the run windows app troubleshooter.

Run App Troubleshooter:

Note: The troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues that might prevent your apps from running, including suboptimal screen resolution and incorrect security or account settings.

Please find the steps below for App troubleshooter:

• In the search tab type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Select System and security.
    • Click Windows update troubleshooter and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Also suggest you to refer to the below link.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/editing-photos

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jul 7, 2016
  4. richc46 Win User

richc46, Jul 10, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    It is not the Windows machine only having an issue, it is all devices. If I had to guess, there is an issue with the Gateway that is the part that we need to concentrate on.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Baffled by Wifi connection - Similar Threads - Baffled Wifi connection

2. A twist to another question. I'm baffled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A twist to another question. I'm baffled.: This has been a question asked in the past but my question has a twist to the original. My keyboard on my laptop suddenly stopped typing certain letters. Now that has been answered. The twist is: the letters that will not type, will not type only after CERTAIN certain...
  3. A twist to another question. I'm baffled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A twist to another question. I'm baffled.: This has been a question asked in the past but my question has a twist to the original. My keyboard on my laptop suddenly stopped typing certain letters. Now that has been answered. The twist is: the letters that will not type, will not type only after CERTAIN certain...
  4. Ongoing, Confusing and Baffling MS Accounts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ongoing, Confusing and Baffling MS Accounts...: See attached for my laptop login screen. Note in the bottom left it gives me two option of accounts I can login with. I want to completely remove the '*** Email address is removed for privacy ***' account so it isn't seen on this laptop anymore.When I go to 'Setting' >...
  5. Onedrive Baffling Behavour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive Baffling Behavour: I uninstalled Onedrive in April because it decided to erase my calendar entries causing me a lot of issues to get the calendar entries back. I removed Onedrive completely from my machine or so I thought. Today I have tried to access a document that I created at the end of...
  6. Baffling Problem regarding foreign languages

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Baffling Problem regarding foreign languages: Hi, I hope this is the right place: Got a new laptop. Added Japanese Language Pack ( so I can type in Japanese). Tried to rip some CDs, and I have this issue: Windows media didn't have issues getting Japanese text and such :...
  7. I'm baffled at this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I'm baffled at this: I have a problem that I don't have a clue what is causing it. What it is, is the bottom 1/3 of my monitor screen is shaded and divided into squares. They will be there when I turn the computer on and throughout the use, they will go away for a couple of seconds, then...
  8. I'm Baffled

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I'm Baffled: I have a problem ! I am the only user on my pc and use a local admiistrator account so i do not have to sign in everytime. Today i tried to create a task in scheduler,i went through all the usual stuff has i have done in the past but cannot create it as it keeps showing a...
  9. Baffling PC Question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Baffling PC Question: Okay, this is going to be a long post but I've pretty much tried everything I can google/think of. Okay, so I recently built this computer. Upon starting the computer, everything was fine and dandy for about a week. After that first week, every time I started a game, I would...
  10. Win 10 Search Baffles Me!

in Cortana
    Win 10 Search Baffles Me!: Why didn't Search find the folder with the word Wood? See snip. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-search-baffles-me/16b6f93f-c55d-4503-9396-010c61c0f648"