Windows 10: BalenaEtcher Flashing problems

Discus and support BalenaEtcher Flashing problems in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having some issues with BalenaEtcher. Every time I try to flash a Raspberry Pi OS image, my computer crashes - When I re-insert the disk, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chase Yiu, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Chase Yiu Win User

BalenaEtcher Flashing problems

I'm having some issues with BalenaEtcher. Every time I try to flash a Raspberry Pi OS image, my computer crashes - When I re-insert the disk, my computer crashes AGAIN. Why is this happening?

Here are the minidump files...
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgdCb7JIHkl-hN4ISM9YQHCsHNUaKA?e=OWj09t

I'm using a Surface Pro 7, reinstalled with the surface recovery image. 16GB RAM, 512 SSD.

:)

Chase Yiu, Mar 2, 2021
  2. horvatbe Win User

Problem after flashing x800 pro vivo

My best suggestion is that you should follow wizzards flashing guied with the modifined bios flasher that is on this site, but instead of flashing to X800PE use the empty.bin flash to earase all traces of the previous bios flashing and than go back to your original bios. Do the testing see that the card is OK. (Be very very carefull when flashing to empty.bin follow the instruction step by step or you will end up with more problems than before.

Run the 3dmrk03 on endless loop for 1-2 hours see how is the stability, also you can do the artifact scanning with the ATI tool for another hour or two. That way you will make sure that things are fine. (By the way if the 3dmak03 crashes after 1-2 hours that is normal usually does not run for too long anyway so dont worry about that)

horvatbe, Mar 2, 2021
  3. Fernandz Win User
    How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Mar 2, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Mar 2, 2021
Thema:

1. BalenaEtcher Flashing problems - Similar Threads - BalenaEtcher Flashing problems

2. Flash drive Problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Flash drive Problems: Using a flash drive to download pictures and vidoes. I can down load a certain number of files, then the files on the drive show are in a completely unplayable format. The drives are 2TB so there is plenty of space. Any help would be very appreciated...
  3. Surface - drive flashing flashing problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface - drive flashing flashing problems: I'm having some issues with BalenaEtcher. Every time I try to flash a Raspberry Pi OS image, my computer crashes - When I re-insert the disk, my computer crashes AGAIN. Why is this happening? Here are the minidump files......
  4. Problem with flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Problem with flash drive: When i plug my flash drive it say that its read only, I tried to remove it with diskpart ( attributes disk clear readonly ) and it say "Disk attributes cleared successfully.", but when i try to format it, still says that its read only. submitted by /u/Aplicat0r9 [link]...
  5. Flash memory problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash memory problem: The computer does not recognize the flash memory I changed several flashes and the same problem I made a format for the device and I downloaded Windows 10 new without any programs and the same problem list worked update for Windows and did not recognize the flash memory but...
  6. Problem with flash drive

Problem with flash drive: I use a Dell Inspiron 5379 laptop and a flash drive that has an issue. When I tried to transfer a 2 GB folder, the process stopped at 60% and stuck. Then I heard a sound like USB disconnecting and reconnecting continue. The files are not corrupted but the issue persists. I...
  7. Problems with Flash Player

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Flash Player: I try to open a video using Microsoft Edge and get the message that I need to install Flash Player. When I try to download FP the message pops up that Windows 10 has Flash Player built in and it has to be activated. Go to settings and find Flash Player is turned on. Return to...
  8. adobe flash problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    adobe flash problem: Needed to install upgrade due to an error message that latest version was required for NPR and other applications. After installation still receiving same error message. 46344
  9. Problem with flash drive

Problem with flash drive: I have a question about my flash drive. It's a 4GB PNY and usually works with no problem when I plug it in. But lately when I plug it into my laptop (a 2 month old laptop with Windows 10), it plays a quick tune indicating I plugged it in, but it doesn't actually show up on my...
  10. flash problem

in Windows 10 Support
    flash problem: anyone experiencing problems with flash player while using chrome? ie works no problem have tried to disable the inbuilt flash player in chrome, go to get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and nothing displays 3698

Users found this page by searching for:

1. balenaetcher flash not working

2. etcher flash failed

3. etcher keeps crashing windows 10

4. balena etcher crash flashing