Windows 10: Ballmer steps down from board, cuts last official tie with Microsoft

Discus and support Ballmer steps down from board, cuts last official tie with Microsoft in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Steve Ballmer today cut his remaining official tie with the company he ran for 14 years, resigning as a member of Microsoft's board of directors.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 18, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Ballmer steps down from board, cuts last official tie with Microsoft

More

:)

labeeman, Aug 18, 2014
  2. SamJoe404 Win User

Is Microsoft's official website down?

Never mind again. I found the same question I had, as well as a solution. Now I need to know how I can delete this post.

SamJoe404, Aug 18, 2014
  3. Shilohbob Win User
    Is Microsoft's official website down?

MS website are accessible with all browsers that I use at various times, Edge, Firefox, IE11, Chrome, to name a few, which site in particular are you having difficulty with?

Shilohbob, Aug 18, 2014
  4. LittleJay Win User

I think Ballmer's resignation from the board of directors is a good move and will help MS to move forward.

LittleJay, Aug 18, 2014
  5. labeeman Win User
    I am with you on that lets hope M$ takes the right direction from its user base and not throw us under the bus.

labeeman, Aug 18, 2014
  6. Rickkins Win User
    Realistically, things could only get better. I mean, they tried their grand experiment, gauged the reaction, seen those responsible for the disaster depart the company, surely that bodes well for the future....*Biggrin

Rickkins, Aug 19, 2014
  7. Lady Fitzgerald Win User
    Don't count on it. The new CEO was formerly in charge of cloud development.

Lady Fitzgerald, Aug 20, 2014
  8. Jody Thornton Win User

How does cloud computing not bode well for the future? I admit, I prefer to have my own physical storage options on hand, however cloud computing has proven spectacular for business, and for the most part are sold on it. Microsoft is not the sole party moving to the cloud or even subscription based software. Many other vendors are along for the ride.

Jody Thornton, Aug 20, 2014
  9. Lady Fitzgerald Win User
    Not everyone has affordable wideband internet access, assuming they have access to it at all. Subscription based software is more expensive in the long run.

Lady Fitzgerald, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Ballmer steps down from board, cuts last official tie with Microsoft - Similar Threads - Ballmer steps down

2. Photo app from Microsoft down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app from Microsoft down: I got first a System error -2147219196 and after restoring via Microsoft information I got the stem error -2147219195. The Microsoft photo-app does nog work any longer....
  3. Undo Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Undo Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account: So long story short is I was logged into a local account. I've seen other posts about using the built in admin account but nothing that said anything about not the built in administrator's account but an account that was local and in the administrators group. So anyway I...
  4. Undo Built-in Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Undo Built-in Administrator Account tied to a Microsoft Account: Somehow or another I received a computer to work on in which the build is Administrator account has been tied to a MSA. It is Windows 10 Home so I can't get to more advanced options in lusrmgr. I've tried searching and haven't found anything related to this topic; I have no...
  5. CPU is stuck in OC mode and not stepping down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU is stuck in OC mode and not stepping down: Asus G752VY, I76700HQ @ 2.60, 32 gb Ram, NVidia 980m, Samsung 960 Pro 500 GB Windows 10 Pro 1709 16299.98 Two things I'm noticing first off using HWinfo 64 and CPUID HWmonitor, and Performance monitor, my I76700HQ @ 2.60 CPU is stuck in OC mode and is not stepping down at...
  6. CPU not stepping/clocking down when Idle?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU not stepping/clocking down when Idle?: I just noticed that my i7 2600K (overclocked) is not stepping down when idle in Win10 (10166). I haven't even checked in another build. But when switching back to win 8.1 no problem. Stepping down in MHz and Volt. I have minimum to 5% and max to 100% in power settings in...
  7. Microsoft announces leadership changes - Terry Myerson stepping down

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft announces leadership changes - Terry Myerson stepping down: From: Satya NadellaSent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 7:29 AM To: Microsoft – All Employees; All MS Store Employees FTE Subject: Embracing our future: Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge Team, Today, I’m announcing the formation of two new engineering teams to...
  8. Microsoft Health and Microsoft Band: The Next Step

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Health and Microsoft Band: The Next Step: [img] When we launched Microsoft Health and Microsoft Band, it was our first entry into wearable technology and just the beginning of a multi-year vision for the category from which we continue to build and grow. We were beyond excited about what we had to share – but we...
  9. Microsoft Steps Back from the Cliff on Windows 10 Upgrades

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Steps Back from the Cliff on Windows 10 Upgrades: After months of mounting criticism, and just one month from the end of the free Windows 10 upgrade, Microsoft has finally seen the light: It will stop deliberately confusing and deceiving customers with the Windows 10 upgrade offer. “We started our journey with Windows 10...
  10. Microsoft Official Confirms “Windows 10 Is the Last Version of Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Official Confirms “Windows 10 Is the Last Version of Windows: With Windows 10, Microsoft’s going to change pretty much everything about its Windows model, so in addition to offering the operating free of charge to previous Windows users and switching to a continuous update process rather than a monthly cycle, the company is also...