Windows 10: Bamboo pen can only be used as a mouse, how do I fix the problem?

Discus and support Bamboo pen can only be used as a mouse, how do I fix the problem? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a slightly older CTF 430 Bamboo pen, with the matching tablet. My Imac makes everything work wonderfully. But when I'm working on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nicoblas, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Nicoblas Win User

Bamboo pen can only be used as a mouse, how do I fix the problem?

Hello,

I have a slightly older CTF 430 Bamboo pen, with the matching tablet.

My Imac makes everything work wonderfully. But when I'm working on my Windows computer (Windows 10) I can only use the pen as a mouse.

In the settings he is also only recognized as a mouse. In the Pen and Windows INK settings I could not find anything useful.

I need the pen for various programs (e.g. for writing) and not only as a mouse. It is connected with a USB cable via PC

What can I do?

Thanks

:)

Nicoblas, Jun 23, 2020

2. Bamboo Ink Pen

Hi Billy,

Using a Bamboo Ink Pen doesn't require a specific tablet for it to work as long as you're using a touch-capable tablet or PC. For us to provide you the possible resolution and the accurate information as to why you're having issues with Bamboo Ink Pen, answer
    the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to this concern?
    • Have you tried updating the driver of your Bamboo Ink Pen to isolate compatibility issues?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Looking forward to the requested information for us to assist you.

Lizette Ags, Jun 23, 2020
  3. Bamboo pen not writing after connecting

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while using Bamboo pen on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    3. What is the exact model of the Bamboo Pen?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?
    5. Which application are you using to write?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Install the necessary drivers for the Bamboo Pen. Refer the article by Wacom

Getting started with your Bamboo Ink

You can also download the drivers according to the model of your Pen from

Wacom website

Method 2:

Try updating the Bluetooth drivers of your PC. Refer the article
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Bamboo pen can only be used as a mouse, how do I fix the problem?

bamboo ink pen

I just bought an envy 2-1 tablet and laptop. I also purchased a bamboo ink pen. Yet, I paired the two successfully but the pen will not write. I have restarted the computer, re-paired the pen with the envy, changed the computer settings, and changed the
    pen settings many times. The computer shows the symbol for an extra keyboard for the pen (the mouse shows up as a mouse). Just confused and frustrated. Thanks in advance.

Courtney m, Jun 23, 2020
Thema:

Bamboo pen can only be used as a mouse, how do I fix the problem?

1. Bamboo pen can only be used as a mouse, how do I fix the problem? - Similar Threads - Bamboo pen used

2. Bamboo Pen & Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bamboo Pen & Black Screen: HP Pavilion: When I use the Bamboo Pen on Microsoft Word my screen goes black and I have to force the computer to restart to solve the screen issue. Any idea how to fix this?...
  3. Bamboo Pen & Black Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bamboo Pen & Black Screen: HP Pavilion: When I use the Bamboo Pen on Microsoft Word my screen goes black and I have to force the computer to restart to solve the screen issue. Any idea how to fix this?...
  4. Bamboo ink pen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bamboo ink pen: I went on device manager and control panel and looked through everything in my computer and completed all the updates my bamboo pen is still not working the ink doesn’t wanna work or the eraser but the clicker still works. Please help!...
  5. Bamboo ink pen

Bamboo ink pen: I went on device manager and control panel and looked through everything in my computer and completed all the updates my bamboo pen is still not working the ink doesn’t wanna work or the eraser but the clicker still works. Please help!...
  6. Bamboo Ink Pen Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bamboo Ink Pen Not Working: A few years ago, I purchased a new computer, and with it, a new Bamboo Ink Pen that is compatible with windows 10 devices. At first, it worked perfectly. I didn't use it for a bit and that's when I started having problems. My pen wouldn't connect to my computer at all. I...
  7. bamboo pen

bamboo pen: my bamboo pen will not write - i checked all settings & it works fine but will not write https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bamboo-pen/19f05529-3498-45e9-b5d3-f09b237c9df7
  8. My Bamboo pen won't work on tutor.com how can I fix this. Or at the least not as efficient...

My Bamboo pen won't work on tutor.com how can I fix this. Or at the least not as efficient...: when I try to use my bamboo len It just doesn't work as smoothly unless I try super hard or fiddle around with it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bamboo-pen-wont-work-on-tutorcom-how-can-i-fix/5ed1496a-dc68-487d-8849-4cf7c618445b
  9. My bamboo ink pen will not work on pdf files. what can I do?

My bamboo ink pen will not work on pdf files. what can I do?: bamboo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-bamboo-ink-pen-will-not-work-on-pdf-files-what/35012ea8-b33d-471f-aa32-5acc734ffcba
  10. Problem with mouse pen

Problem with mouse pen: My mouse pen sometimes changes the pointer into a white dot that is really irritating. I think a touch screen mode is a culprit because I am able to scroll when I am dragging the pen up while clicking on it....