Windows 10: Ban of Huawei laptops in MS Store

Discus and support Ban of Huawei laptops in MS Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, I hope someone from MS directly will read this. I've tried the MS Store hotline already but unfortunately they weren't very helpful.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PaulP__, May 29, 2019.

1. PaulP__ Win User

Ban of Huawei laptops in MS Store

Dear Microsoft,

I hope someone from MS directly will read this. I've tried the MS Store hotline already but unfortunately they weren't very helpful.

I am in kind of a tricky situation right now. I bought a brand new Huawei Matebook from the Microsoft Store only two months ago and I am satisfied with it (pretty much right before the Huawei scandal became public). I have seen that the Microsoft store website has already taken down Huawei laptops, which is obviously connected to the recent Huawei scandal.

In purchasing this laptop, I was looking for something that I would have long term and thus a computer that will continuously have updates available for Windows 10. This is a pretty big investment for me that I have saved for for a long time. That is also why I chose a Huawei laptop with Windows 10 - and not a Mac.

My question to Microsoft is if they are willing to show good will and let me replace my Huawei laptop I purchased from the MS store with a laptop of a different brand (e.g. MS surface). I just don't want to own laptop that will be associated with negative headlines.

Thank you so much for your support!

Paul

:)

PaulP__, May 29, 2019
  2. Smeed Win User
  3. ConiGL Win User
    Huawei laptop ongoing support?

Have you checked for updates via settings? I have an Huawei Matebook X pro also. Be sure to update your audio driver via Huawei downloads page if you have not done this. Run any driver updates and BIOS updates if you are behind. Do you have latest PC Manager?
    It downloaded newest sound driver on the 21st for me. I have the latest for 1809 updated yesterday but as yet haven't gotten 1903. I am sure it will roll out to you but for now make sure you are running the latest 1809 1763.529. Check by typing winver in
    search. Do not run windows update until you make sure you have all the latest updates from Huawei. There was a 3 month reprieve to the ban. I am not sure if the ban will include the operating system for computers that are already in circulation. The ban is
    supposed to be for hardware. If it comes to pass though others on Reddit have suggested you may still be able to manually update Windows. We shall have to wait and see how this all plays out.

ConiGL, May 29, 2019
  4. Ban of Huawei laptops in MS Store

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Ban of Huawei laptops in MS Store

1. Ban of Huawei laptops in MS Store - Similar Threads - Ban Huawei laptops

2. keyboard backlight on my huawei laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard backlight on my huawei laptop: Hi guys , i can not light up my keyboard on my windows 10. Hauwei laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-backlight-on-my-huawei-laptop/18e75063-cbaa-465e-851c-07efdbf490c6
  3. Huawei Laptop Crashes Windows 10

Huawei Laptop Crashes Windows 10: Hello,I am using a Huawei MateBook 13 laptop that freezes regularly. Since about 4 months ago, every two weeks or so my laptop would completely freeze and I have to manually turn the device off. When turning the device on again it would again freeze after 15 min or so. This...
  4. Banned?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Banned?!: I signed in to the Microsoft Community for the very first time today to reply to an article I was reading. I don't often do this. Anyway, I got a message saying I was banned for violating community guidelines. I find this very odd. I've never signed in or posted before. I'm a...
  5. Banned?!

Banned?!: I signed in to the Microsoft Community for the very first time today to reply to an article I was reading. I don't often do this. Anyway, I got a message saying I was banned for violating community guidelines. I find this very odd. I've never signed in or posted before. I'm a...
  6. Ban

Ban: Hey , i have been playing minecraft for 9 years now , i downloaded windows 10 edition to play with friends cross-platform as my device is windows 10 , i came back today to play it with my friends after a while and it said i have been banned , i have never played a server on...
  7. Huawei Laptops- safe to buy?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Huawei Laptops- safe to buy?: Hi, guys so I've been needing a new laptop for a while and found the new Matebooks perfect for me in terms of price and capability. But the whole US ban in terms of Microsoft not being able to work with Huawei is a bit worrying because the Microsoft platform is very important...
  8. Huawei banned by the US

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Huawei banned by the US: Hey guys, I got the Huawei Matebook X Pro a month ago. It's awesome, however i am quite worried about the US ban, would this affect current laptops? Will my laptop suddenly not work at all since Microsoft might withdraw the Windows license from Huawei laptops? How should we,...
  9. Huawei laptop ongoing support?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Huawei laptop ongoing support?: I am a Huawei laptop user - 2018 Matebook Pro X - located in the US and am worried about whether I will continue to get Microsoft software and security updates. Of note, I do not seem to be receiving the May 1903 update. I use this laptop daily for work and need it to be...
  10. White House Considers Executive Order to Ban Huawei and ZTE in U.S.

in Windows 10 News
    White House Considers Executive Order to Ban Huawei and ZTE in U.S.: WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Donald Trump is considering an executive order in the new year to declare a national emergency that would bar U.S. companies from using telecommunications equipment made by China’s Huawei and ZTE, three sources familiar with the situation told...