Windows 10: bandwidth control for windows update

Discus and support bandwidth control for windows update in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi, i am using windows 10 home. so, after installing version 2004, my bandwidth control settings under delivery optimization is greyed out . but when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AariyaanTowsif, Jul 31, 2020.

1. bandwidth control for windows update

hi, i am using windows 10 home. so, after installing version 2004, my bandwidth control settings under delivery optimization is greyed out . but when i was using version 1909 i could set bandwidth limit. how can i fix this? plz help. bandwidth control for windows update 3af515d2-fa14-40ff-a8d4-3148434cbfe7?upload=true.png

:)

AariyaanTowsif, Jul 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 Needs an official feature to support the control of bandwidth for all applications

I do not myself support the use of free or paid applications that limit the bandwidth per app as most of them cause BSOD, high and random spikes in the usage of the CPU and also in rare cases, corruptions. Some even come with malware. We need to
    stop supporting endless arrays of workarounds for features I do acknowledge will be hard to implement but it will create an environment that helps people and takes load off of their shoulders that should not be there in the first place. Yes I understand there
    are countless applications that support their own bandwidth limiting,
    but in my and others' experience all of the culprit applications that consume bandwidth of which renders the internet experience of all also share something in common, they download/update on a very frequent basis and they are mostly not large downloads of
    which take time to complete. They also do not have a feature of bandwidth control.

I do support the need for a feature to limit bandwidth per application running on the system as myself and alot of my friends have endlessly talked about this, they have from 2mbps-10mbps and also a few extra gamers in the house along with them, netflix
    streamers, youtube lovers, business from home. They just cannot afford more speed. eg:

Scenario 1:

• I want to play an online game but now my NVIDIA container decides to download 400MB and destroys my bandwidth and also for all the others in the house. When mine is done, then throughout the day another in the house's system does the same.
    Scenario 2:

• I am the only one on the net or sharing. New game came out and it's on steam, no disk but just a code is available. Forced to download it. Now I want to use the net, play an online game, but still download the game whilst at it to save time or the hassle
      of staying up late to begin it when everyone goes to bed.
    Scenario 3:

• I am a home developer and I need to upload and or update things on a daily basis when done. I don't have enough wealth to support a remote system, but from home it is possible. The usage can get hefty with size! It's fully possible to upload it at at constant
      controlled rate within a few hours and still be able to use the net with ease. it's just a major hassle to wait each and every day for the upload to finish and only then resume with daily usage of the internet.
    Scenario 4:

• Any auto-update applications that do not support the control of bandwidth.

This list can literally continue into oblivion as I believe some of you have your own experiences and circumstances to share.

Sharing some insight on the properties of such function:

• Add your application to the list of bandwidth-controlled applications
    • Set whether it should control the Download and or Upload of the application.
    • Adjust the speed in the desired measurement of bandwidth.
    • Adjust when to activate and or deactivate this feature on the specified group of applications or separate control method.

Thank you for reading and I hope it makes you understand my point of view and suggestion to the best extent possible!

I am interested in hearing and understanding all of your views on this type of feature!

NullyNully, Jul 31, 2020
  3. NinjaNife Win User
    IP Address Bandwidth Monitor

I am looking for a bandwidth monitor that tells me how much bandwidth each IP connected to my server is sending/receiving (preferably listed in Mbits). I currently have Netlimiter 2 Pro, but that only does bandwidth monitoring by process (it lists IPs but doesn't tell how much bandwidth each one is using). It would need to run on Windows Server 2003 and not have any web-based requirements (it is not a webserver so can't support a webpage-type monitor). Does anyone know how to do this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan "NinjaNife" West

NinjaNife, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Gemma Ajo Win User

bandwidth control for windows update

The Killer Network Manager’s network bandwidth control isn’t working properly after installing Windows 10 Creators Update

I just installed the Windows 10 Creators Update and now Killer Network Manager’s network bandwidth control isn’t working. It doesn’t show any data usage like it should. Any suggestions?

Gemma Ajo, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

bandwidth control for windows update

1. bandwidth control for windows update - Similar Threads - bandwidth control update

2. bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bandwidth: bandwidth speed test not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bandwidth/df4d733a-45d0-4027-806a-f43ea5f4c9a6
  3. Windows update bandwidth throttle not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update bandwidth throttle not working: "Windows update > Advanced options > Delivery optimisation > Advanced options" supposedly allows the bandwidth to be limited for Windows update downloads. I have mine set to 50% as I only have 2mb bandwidth, which is slow at the best of times. Windows chooses to ignore this...
  4. bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bandwidth: why my bandwidth is not showing up 5ghz even though driver do support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bandwidth/c4927a5e-257f-439f-a9a4-ba54703b9e7f
  5. Bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bandwidth: Why does my windows 10 beats laptop have limited internet even connected to wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bandwidth/760c751b-ca20-47ce-ac40-0e95c9227bde
  6. Restricting Windows Updates bandwidth

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Restricting Windows Updates bandwidth: Hi All I've just started migrating users to Windows 10 (from 7). With Windows 7 we used a BITS Group Policy that limited the bandwidth Windows Updates used during the day to 1kb so that the WAN links don't max out (they're only 10mb). This has worked fine for the Windows 7...
  7. How to control updates to conserve bandwidth?

How to control updates to conserve bandwidth?: I volunteer in a senior center where we have 10 Windows Home computers connected via ethernet to provide computers with internet connectivity. We also have 4 stations where the seniors can plug in their own equipment. Our computers are all configured to treat this network...
  8. Update bandwidth optimisation - percentage meaning

Update bandwidth optimisation - percentage meaning: Hi everybody The new Fall Creator update brings the much awaited update bandwidth management but I have a question and I could not find an answer online. The control panel allows you to set a percentage of the bandwidth - percentage of what? How does Windows know my...
  9. Office 365 OneDrive bandwidth consumption and controls

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 OneDrive bandwidth consumption and controls: I've set up a new Office 365 subscription on my desktop system. I'm gradually moving folders into the OneDrive folder. OneDrive seems to be having a serious negative effect on network bandwidth for the other computers and tablets on my home network. I'm on the 12 Mbps to 18...
  10. Limit Bandwidth of Windows Update and Store App Updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Limit Bandwidth of Windows Update and Store App Updates in Windows 10: How to: Limit Bandwidth of Windows Update and Store App Updates in Windows 10 How to Limit Bandwidth to Download and Upload Windows and App Updates in Windows 10 Delivery Optimization has been synonymous with Peer-to-peer but few people are aware that it is also used as...