Windows 10: bandwidth meaning

Discus and support bandwidth meaning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when i go to a website i see Bandwidth Limit Exceeded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TIMMY 067, Feb 15, 2020.

1. TIMMY 067 Win User

bandwidth meaning

when i go to a website i see

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded

:)

TIMMY 067, Feb 15, 2020
  2. Plankton Win User

Update bandwidth optimisation - percentage meaning

Uncheck that box for limiting your bandwidth, then turn off "Allow downloads from other PC's" and check to see how your bandwidth works/reacts.

Plankton, Feb 15, 2020
  3. tony359 Win User
    Update bandwidth optimisation - percentage meaning

Hi everybody

The new Fall Creator update brings the much awaited update bandwidth management but I have a question and I could not find an answer online.
    The control panel allows you to set a percentage of the bandwidth - percentage of what? How does Windows know my internet speed? I am concerned it just uses the network card speed instead.

bandwidth meaning [​IMG]

However in the activity monitor section it also shows an "average download speed (user initiated)" which suggests two things
    1. Windows actually knows the speed of the internet - which creates an interesting scenario: say my broadband is 50Mbit, Windows knows that and it is also told to use 50% of that. That night that my internet slows down to 20Mbit, will Windows try to use 25Mbit of it??

2. When updates are initiated by the user, they are not throttled down.

bandwidth meaning [​IMG]

Thanks for your help.
    Tony

tony359, Feb 15, 2020
  4. NinjaNife Win User

bandwidth meaning

IP Address Bandwidth Monitor

I am looking for a bandwidth monitor that tells me how much bandwidth each IP connected to my server is sending/receiving (preferably listed in Mbits). I currently have Netlimiter 2 Pro, but that only does bandwidth monitoring by process (it lists IPs but doesn't tell how much bandwidth each one is using). It would need to run on Windows Server 2003 and not have any web-based requirements (it is not a webserver so can't support a webpage-type monitor). Does anyone know how to do this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan "NinjaNife" West

NinjaNife, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

bandwidth meaning

1. bandwidth meaning - Similar Threads - bandwidth meaning

2. Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth: Hi,I am currently experiencing issues with download speeds on my desktop. Internet speeds have been a problem for quite some time now, and I figured it was due to my PC being connected via WI-FI. However, today I took the effort to run ethernet to my room, but download speeds...
  3. Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Download speeds not meeting actual internet bandwidth: Hi,I am currently experiencing issues with download speeds on my desktop. Internet speeds have been a problem for quite some time now, and I figured it was due to my PC being connected via WI-FI. However, today I took the effort to run ethernet to my room, but download speeds...
  4. Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth: Just got my new computer with Windows 11, and noticed that the internet was weirdly slow. Task manager says 'Service Host: Network Service' was using 30% of my internet. I limited it through Delivery Optimization, and while the percentage has gone down, the amount it is using...
  5. Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth

Service Host: Network Service using too much bandwidth: Just got my new computer with Windows 11, and noticed that the internet was weirdly slow. Task manager says 'Service Host: Network Service' was using 30% of my internet. I limited it through Delivery Optimization, and while the percentage has gone down, the amount it is using...
  6. High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed: High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed. What should I do? My router is connected with a lan cable to my pc for faster connection but it seems like there is something wrong because I should be possible to get up to 250mb per second but I only get up to 30*****moved from...
  7. High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed

High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed: High bandwidth high wifi speed slow lan speed. What should I do? My router is connected with a lan cable to my pc for faster connection but it seems like there is something wrong because I should be possible to get up to 250mb per second but I only get up to 30*****moved from...
  8. Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth: I've seen multiple threads about this issue but none have been as bad as mine so far and I can't seem to find a solution that works, I've tried everything that has been recommended to no avail. My service host has been running constantly for the last 5 months or so, using a...
  9. Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth

Service Host Network Service uses up all my bandwidth: I've seen multiple threads about this issue but none have been as bad as mine so far and I can't seem to find a solution that works, I've tried everything that has been recommended to no avail. My service host has been running constantly for the last 5 months or so, using a...
  10. Update bandwidth optimisation - percentage meaning

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update bandwidth optimisation - percentage meaning: Hi everybody The new Fall Creator update brings the much awaited update bandwidth management but I have a question and I could not find an answer online. The control panel allows you to set a percentage of the bandwidth - percentage of what? How does Windows know my...