Windows 10: Bandwidth Throttling

Discus and support Bandwidth Throttling in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My internet connection has been really slow for a while now, and I get frequent disconnections while online. I use a wired Ethernet connection on a LAN... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dawna_R, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Dawna_R Win User

Bandwidth Throttling

My internet connection has been really slow for a while now, and I get frequent disconnections while online. I use a wired Ethernet connection on a LAN network, and I use Google DNS servers. I don't know if that's relevant. My ISP is Earthlink, but when I run speed tests, my provider is shown as Verizon. I wondered if my bandwidth might be getting capped, so using the Agent Ransack program on my PC I searched for "bandwidth". The resulting list showed 8 cdxml files in "C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\SmbShare"I believe were created with WindowsPowerShell .&nbs

:)

Dawna_R, Apr 23, 2022
  2. NinjaNife Win User

IP Address Bandwidth Monitor

I am looking for a bandwidth monitor that tells me how much bandwidth each IP connected to my server is sending/receiving (preferably listed in Mbits). I currently have Netlimiter 2 Pro, but that only does bandwidth monitoring by process (it lists IPs but doesn't tell how much bandwidth each one is using). It would need to run on Windows Server 2003 and not have any web-based requirements (it is not a webserver so can't support a webpage-type monitor). Does anyone know how to do this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan "NinjaNife" West

NinjaNife, Apr 23, 2022
  3. AnMcC Win User
    Windows 10 hogs all available bandwidth

Minho,

How is turning it off a solution? It's a workaround at best. A solution is that OneDrive should use automatic throttling or even manual throttling to stop hogging all the bandwidth.

AnMcC, Apr 23, 2022
  4. Rhaine C. Win User

Bandwidth Throttling

Internet throttled unless using VPN

Greetings,

My name is Rhaine, I'm Independent Community Volunteer. I’m so glad assisting you today

I am also using VPN. Let us work together to sort this out.

If you are experiencing throttling with you internet speed there is a big possibility that your ISP throttle your data.

By using VPN you can get rid of throttling.

Why do ISP’s Throttle your Data?

Internet Service Providers (ISPs) engage in bandwidth data throttling to save money.

By limiting speeds for certain users or websites, your ISP can reduce the data usage on their entire network.

You can go to this link as reference to know more why ISP's throttling your internet speed.

How to Detect & Stop 'Throttling' by your Internet Provider | VPNU

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product
    advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope the steps and information above helps.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

With Warm Regards,

Rhaine C., Apr 23, 2022
Thema:

Bandwidth Throttling

1. Bandwidth Throttling - Similar Threads - Bandwidth Throttling

2. Is bandwidth being throttled?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is bandwidth being throttled?: Please excuse the formatting of the text. I couldn't fix it.My internet connection is very slow. I had an idea to search my files with Agent Ransack using the search "bandwidth" and found quite a few files in C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\SmbShareThere's...
  3. Is bandwidth being throttled?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is bandwidth being throttled?: Please excuse the formatting of the text. I couldn't fix it.My internet connection is very slow. I had an idea to search my files with Agent Ransack using the search "bandwidth" and found quite a few files in C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\SmbShareThere's...
  4. Bandwidth Throttling

Bandwidth Throttling: My internet connection has been really slow for a while now, and I get frequent disconnections while online. I use a wired Ethernet connection on a LAN network, and I use Google DNS servers. I don't know if that's relevant. My ISP is Earthlink, but when I run speed tests, my...
  5. Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth: I currently have 1 GB fiber internet for both download and upload speeds. I have a dual boot partition on my desktop PC that is currently running both Windows 10 Version 21h1 OS Build 19043.1237 on one partition and Ubuntu Linux 18.04 on the other. Currently, my desktop PC...
  6. Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth

Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth: I currently have 1 GB fiber internet for both download and upload speeds. I have a dual boot partition on my desktop PC that is currently running both Windows 10 Version 21h1 OS Build 19043.1237 on one partition and Ubuntu Linux 18.04 on the other. Currently, my desktop PC...
  7. Windows throttling my Network Bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows 10 throttling download speed/limiting bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 throttling download speed/limiting bandwidth?: Just upgraded to a new laptop (Dell inspiron 7501, intel ax201 wireless card, OS build: 19042.867), and have been noticing significant throttling when downloading large files. E.g.: when I run speed test normally I see a download speed of ~80Mpbs. Just browsing the web or...
  9. Windows 10 Throttling Bandwidth Can't get it to stop

Windows 10 Throttling Bandwidth Can't get it to stop: Hi guys, For 2 days I'm trying to have Windows 10 on my work laptop (purchased privately with Windows 10 Pro) stop throttling my connection. Here is the situation: I go to SpeedTest.net I get 850 Mb/s down and 875 Mb/s up. I pay for a gigabit upload and download. When I go...
  10. any free bandwidth-throttling software?

any free bandwidth-throttling software?: I'm about to start downloading the new flight simulator. I'm just looking for something simple to use to keep my PC from hogging all the bandwidth while my family watches hulu but all I can find are paid programs with free trials which I'm not really interested in submitted...