Windows 10: Bang & Olufsen cannot connect to RPC server...

Discus and support Bang & Olufsen cannot connect to RPC server... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy laptop with B&O audio control. The computer is working well, but yesterday I wanted to change some audio settings and so I went to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Florio, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Florio Win User

Bang & Olufsen cannot connect to RPC server...

I have an HP Envy laptop with B&O audio control. The computer is working well, but yesterday I wanted to change some audio settings and so I went to open the audio control only to see the message given in the title of this thread. So I cannot access the audio console (enhancement, equaliser etc.)
    I cannot find help anywhere. My post to HP forums has gone unanswered. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all audio drivers, I have updated the BIOS, and I have updated Windows. B&O does not appear in the list of installed programs in the Control Panel, so I cannot uninstall and/or repair it. In any case, I don't know where I would have to go to install a newer version.
    Thought I would post here since someone may be able to lend a hand...

Windows 10 v. 1909

:)

Florio, Apr 6, 2020

2. WBAdmin - The RPC server is unavailable

Hi.

My Name is David B.

Independent Advisor I'd like to help.

In this case, possible causes of the error "The RPC server is not available" include:

• RPC service stopped: If the RPC service on the server is not running, obviously the client will not be able to contact you.

• Name resolution problems: The name of the RPC server may be resolving the wrong IP address, which means that the client contacts the wrong server or tries to contact an IP address that is not currently in use. Alternatively, the server name may not be resolving
    anything at all.

• Traffic blocked by the firewall: A firewall or other security application on the server, or the application of a network firewall between the client and the server, can prevent traffic from reaching the server on TCP port 135.

• Connectivity problems: The client may not contact the server due to a general network problem.

Now, to fix it, do the following:

• Open the services console on the server.

• Locate the remote procedure call service (RPC) and make sure it is running.

Note: The remote procedure call (RPC) location service does not necessarily have to be running.

• If the service stops, try to start it manually.

From the client computer, ping the server by name to verify that the name resolves with the correct IP address. If you do, name resolution is probably not the cause of the problem, and the rest of the steps in this section can be omitted.

If the client and server are members of an Active Directory (AD) domain, DNS is used for name resolution. Verify that the client and server are using the correct DNS servers, which must be within the domain and will usually be domain controllers. If the correct
    DNS servers are being used, use the DNS management console on those servers to verify that the RPC server has the correct DNS records. If necessary, the ipconfig / registerdns command can be used on the RPC server to re-enter your DNS records. If no AD domain
    is present, WINS can be used for name resolution.

The ipconfig / all command lists, among other things, the WINS servers being used by the RPC server. Check the WINS database on these servers to verify that the records on the RPC server are correct. If necessary, the nbtstat -RR command can be executed on
    the RPC server to re-enter your WINS records. Traffic blocked by the firewall, in this case:

• Check the Windows firewall settings on the RPC server. If the firewall is enabled, make sure that traffic on TCP port 135 is enabled to pass.

• If the server is running Windows Server 2003, the Windows firewall may not handle the RPC dynamic port assignment correctly. In this case, it may be necessary to disable the Windows firewall or restrict the ports used by RPC.

• If the server is running Windows Server 2008 or later, verify that the Windows firewall service is running. The Windows firewall in Windows Server 2008 and later versions should handle RPC traffic properly and by default, however, in case it needs to be configured
    manually, see the following TechNet article for instructions: Allow incoming network traffic that you use Dynamic CPR.

• If the Windows firewall must be completely disabled in Windows Server 2008 or higher, do not stop the Windows firewall service. Instead, follow the steps described in How to properly shut down the Windows firewall on Windows Servers 2008 and higher.

• If an external firewall software, another security application or a firewall network is in use, consult the application or device documentation to determine if it can be configured to handle RPC traffic.

• If the firewall software, another security application or network device cannot be configured to properly handle RPC dynamic traffic, the port range used by RPC can be restricted, and this range can then be opened in the firewall or application of security.
    To restrict the port range used by RPC, see How to configure dynamic RPC port mapping to work with a firewall.

Regards...

DavidBlack452, Apr 7, 2020
  3. SarahKong Win User
    RPC Server unavailable

Where do you back to?

RPC server unavailable means the network connection that you use is not available and this can be for many reasons.

See link below explaining further what i mean.

http://techgenix.com/troubleshoot-rpc-server-un...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

SarahKong, Apr 7, 2020
  4. VeronB Win User

The RPC server is unavailable

Hi

I'm working on an OPC DA application (which use DCOM).

Since the windows 10 update 1903, my OPC DA client cannot more connect to the server (this worked well with the 1803).

Here is the obtained error message:

"The RPC server is unavailable. Please check if the COM server is up and running and that route to the COM Server is accessible (A simple "Ping" to the Server machine would do). Also please confirm if the Windows Firewall is not blocking DCOM access.
    [0x800706BA]"

After analysis, the failure occurs at a DCERPC Advise request on a IConnectionPoint (opnum=5).

Some precisions:

- the issue occurs when the OPC DA Server is in localhost or in remote host.

- the issue occurs also when Windows Defender is deactivated.

- the services rpcss and RpcEptMapper are correctly running.

Any suggestion ?

Regards

VeronB, Apr 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Bang & Olufsen cannot connect to RPC server... - Similar Threads - Bang Olufsen cannot

2. RPC server.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RPC server.: What is the problem if your PC says that the RPC server is not available when signing in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rpc-server/64c0f6b1-6916-483e-93ac-a1c707bc91aa
  3. RPC server.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RPC server.: What is the problem if your PC says that the RPC server is not available when signing in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rpc-server/64c0f6b1-6916-483e-93ac-a1c707bc91aa
  4. BANG AND OLUFSEN AUDIO CONTROLLER RPC ISSUE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BANG AND OLUFSEN AUDIO CONTROLLER RPC ISSUE: I have started the RPC services from Microsoft, but it is still not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bang-and-olufsen-audio-controller-rpc-issue/78070c0c-c979-4570-99dd-90b5b9ffa16e
  5. BANG AND OLUFSEN AUDIO CONTROLLER RPC ISSUE

BANG AND OLUFSEN AUDIO CONTROLLER RPC ISSUE: I have started the RPC services from Microsoft, but it is still not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bang-and-olufsen-audio-controller-rpc-issue/78070c0c-c979-4570-99dd-90b5b9ffa16e
  6. HP Bang & Olufsen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Bang & Olufsen: The Monitor its work fine but the camera doesn't work .. and in the same thing the camera on my laptop its work good .. no Isuzu >!!is I need to install diver to work the camera ..!?this is the type of monitor HP Bang & Olufsen built in camera...
  7. HP Bang & Olufsen

HP Bang & Olufsen: The Monitor its work fine but the camera doesn't work .. and in the same thing the camera on my laptop its work good .. no Isuzu >!!is I need to install diver to work the camera ..!?this is the type of monitor HP Bang & Olufsen built in camera...
  8. HP Bang & Olufsen E273M

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Bang & Olufsen E273M: Hi, My monitor isnt showing the camera driver at all and the camera isn't working. So its not even appearing in device manager. Can I have some help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-bang-olufsen-e273m/b7281769-a4c6-4748-8aeb-19aee40e9137
  9. Bang Olufsen Speakers stopped working on HP Spectre 15

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bang Olufsen Speakers stopped working on HP Spectre 15: Tried updating audio drivers etc nothing is working. worked fine last night and stopped working this am. bluetooth audio works w headset. laptop is 18 months old..so out of warranty. I have been using audio non-stop. Any suggestions would be welcomed! Emma...
  10. Deleting Bang and Olufsen for memory usage reduction

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting Bang and Olufsen for memory usage reduction: So currently when I go to the sound icon in the bottom right of my laptop, it says Speakers (Conexant ISST Audio). I went on to remove B and O and right about it I was to click the ok button to uninstall, it said it will also remove ISST audio. I don't want my audio to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not connect to rpc server B&O

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. rpc bang and olufsen audio control

4. how do fix speaker cannot connect to rpc service bang olufsen