Windows 10: Banishing "News and interests" makes "system tray"/"notification area" disappear

Discus and support Banishing "News and interests" makes "system tray"/"notification area" disappear in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Starting today, Windows 10 provided a new icon in the "system tray"/"notification area" ST/NA. It is for "news and interests" N&I. Since I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrankyMacky, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Banishing "News and interests" makes "system tray"/"notification area" disappear

Starting today, Windows 10 provided a new icon in the "system tray"/"notification area" ST/NA. It is for "news and interests" N&I. Since I need to minimize cognitive distractions, I right-clicked and chose to disable the icon. It dutifully disappeared. Shortly afterward, however, my entire ST/NA disappeared, along with the date/time that I normally have displayed there. I rely a lot on the date/time. The only way to make the ST/NA come back was to re-enable N&I. If I re-disable N&I, the ST/NA re-disappears shortly afterward.How can I banish N&I without banishing the

:)

FrankyMacky, Jun 11, 2021
  2. DznyFan Win User

System Tray notification area oddity

I've looked all over for an answer to this and I can't find it. Am I patient zero? If I have one icon showing in the notification area it appears just fine. If I turn in another icon to show on the notification area the new one shows and the fist one turns into a blank area. If I turn off the first icon the blank area disappears and the remaining icon moves over into its place. Likewise if I turn on all icons the one closest to the New Notifications icon is blank. I've tried resetting the notification area icons but noting changed. I am dazed and confused.

Banishing "News and interests" makes "system tray"/"notification area" disappear [​IMG]

Banishing "News and interests" makes "system tray"/"notification area" disappear [​IMG]

DznyFan, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jun 11, 2021
  4. DznyFan Win User

Banishing "News and interests" makes "system tray"/"notification area" disappear

DznyFan, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Banishing "News and interests" makes "system tray"/"notification area" disappear

1. Banishing "News and interests" makes "system tray"/"notification area" disappear - Similar Threads - Banishing News interests

2. How To Make the Notification Area Disappear When There Are No Notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Make the Notification Area Disappear When There Are No Notifications: I have 2 PCs running Windows 11 Pro. One has the entire notification center disappear when there are no notifications, where my second PC always has a box that says No New Notifications.Anyone know how to accomplish hiding the Notification Center entirely when there are no...
  3. How To Make the Notification Area Disappear When There Are No Notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How To Make the Notification Area Disappear When There Are No Notifications: I have 2 PCs running Windows 11 Pro. One has the entire notification center disappear when there are no notifications, where my second PC always has a box that says No New Notifications.Anyone know how to accomplish hiding the Notification Center entirely when there are no...
  4. News And interest Disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    News And interest Disappeared: Hi, suddenly the mentioned function disappeared when using taskbar located on top position, but if i move it to bottom it appeared again, 1 day ago i used it on top and working fine, but when the last update came not working anymore....
  5. News And interest Disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    News And interest Disappeared: Hi, suddenly the mentioned function disappeared when using taskbar located on top position, but if i move it to bottom it appeared again, 1 day ago i used it on top and working fine, but when the last update came not working anymore....
  6. News And interest Disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. System tray hidden behind the News and Interest widget in the taskbar

System tray hidden behind the News and Interest widget in the taskbar: Well the title says everthing... Since the introduction of the news ans interest widget, if I enable it the little arrow allowing to open the system tray is hidden behind and cannot be accessed ?! If I enable only the icon for the weather I can see part of it but if I enable...
  8. System tray / notification area disappeared post-update

System tray / notification area disappeared post-update: Hi,Windows updated last night. The News & Interests icon appeared; the entire system tray disappeared including time and date.Have searched for this issue elsewhere but can't find an answer. Settings - Taskbar - Notification Area shows as "on" with power, network and volume...
  9. Disabling "News and Interests" causes entire notification area to go blank

Disabling "News and Interests" causes entire notification area to go blank: Forgive me if this has already been asked a thousand times before, but I just noticed this:Issue:Microsoft won't leave my [censored] computer alone!OK, yes, that's the overall issue, but I'm just venting here. ; Microsoft's newest addition - "News and Interests" - which was...
  10. System Tray notification area oddity

in Windows 10 Support
    System Tray notification area oddity: I've looked all over for an answer to this and I can't find it. Am I patient zero? If I have one icon showing in the notification area it appears just fine. If I turn in another icon to show on the notification area the new one shows and the fist one turns into a blank area....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tray icons disappear windows 10

2. system tray disappeares windows 10