Windows 10: Banner notifications not working on PC

Discus and support Banner notifications not working on PC in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi,I noticed that my banner notifications aren't working on Windows 10. Before and after I update, it's the same issue.I tried the CMD process,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Krissy1011, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Banner notifications not working on PC

Hi,I noticed that my banner notifications aren't working on Windows 10. Before and after I update, it's the same issue.I tried the CMD process, powershell process and disabling and enabling microsoft store, focus assist off and turning all the notifications here. Still, I can't receive any pop up banner notification in the action center. Can you please assist me on how to fix this?

:)

Krissy1011, Nov 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 Update Notification Banner During Fullscreen Windowed Mode Games

In Windows 10, action center is where to find your app notifications, as well as quick actions, which give you quick access to commonly used settings and apps. Change your action center settings at any time from the Settings app.

• Select the Start
      button, and then select the Settings
      app.
    • FOLLOW STEP 4.1 BELOW
    • Go to System >
      Notifications & actions.
    • Do any of the following:
      • Turn notifications, banners, and sounds on or off for some or all notification senders.
      • Choose whether to see notifications on the lock screen.
      • Choose whether to see notifications when you're duplicating your screen.
      • Choose the quick actions you'll see in action center.
      • Turn tips, tricks, and suggestions about Windows on or off.

V.4_Victory, Nov 4, 2021
  3. Mail sounds required, but not notification banners

Hi Ian,

We can try to modify the settings of Mail app on your computer and check if your concern still persists. Follow the steps below on how-to:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose System from the list.
    • Select Notifications & actions in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Get notifications from these senders, click Mail.
    • Toggle the switch of Show notification banners to Off.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Gerard Qui, Nov 4, 2021
  4. Banner notifications not working on PC

Mail sounds required, but not notification banners

Where do these settings come from? I don't have the same. 2 possible locations. Within "system", then "notifications and actions". But the options there are:

--------------------------------------------------------------

"get notifications from apps and other senders"

"show notifications on the lock screen"

"show reminders and incoming VoIP calls on the lock screen"

"hide notifications when I'm duplicating my screen"

"show me the windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested"

Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use windows"

Then below that there is:

Autoplay

Banners, sounds

Cortana

Banners, sounds

Mail

Banners, sounds

Security and maintenance

Banners, sounds

Settings

Banners, sounds

xbox

off

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Mail notification settings there is:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Apply to all accounts checkbox (it's checked).

Below that there is:

Show notifications in the action centre.

Then

Show a notification banner

Play a sound

Show notifications for folders pinned to start.

---------------------------------------------------------

So it seems to me that what I want is for the "show a notification banner" to be *unchecked*, and "play a sound" to be *checked*.

However, if the "show a notification banner" is unchecked, then "play a sound" is greyed out. In other words it doesn't appear to be the case that I can have an email sound alert without getting popups/banners obscuring my screen.

IanWardell, Nov 4, 2021
Thema:

Banner notifications not working on PC

1. Banner notifications not working on PC - Similar Threads - Banner notifications working

2. Notification Banners From Phone Link Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification Banners From Phone Link Not Working: For about a month now notifications from my phone wont show up under notifications banner pop ups on my laptop, I do use the Phone Link app. It doesn't show notification banners but inside the Phone Link app it'll show my notifications. It just doesn't give me a notification...
  3. Notification Banners From Phone Link Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Banners From Phone Link Not Working: For about a month now notifications from my phone wont show up under notifications banner pop ups on my laptop, I do use the Phone Link app. It doesn't show notification banners but inside the Phone Link app it'll show my notifications. It just doesn't give me a notification...
  4. Banner notifications not working on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Banner notifications not working on PC: Hi,I noticed that my banner notifications aren't working on Windows 10. Before and after I update, it's the same issue.I tried the CMD process, powershell process and disabling and enabling microsoft store, focus assist off and turning all the notifications here. Still, I...
  5. Banner notifications not working on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Banner notifications not working on PC: Hi,I noticed that my banner notifications aren't working on Windows 10. Before and after I update, it's the same issue.I tried the CMD process, powershell process and disabling and enabling microsoft store, focus assist off and turning all the notifications here. Still, I...
  6. unwanted banner notification

in Windows 10 Customization
    unwanted banner notification: MS sends me a notification stating an issue with password change. I have repeated a reply several times but keep getting same notification. The password change was over a year ago. What can I do?...
  7. Notifications banners

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Notifications banners: Two days ago I ran an upgrade and update from my Dell laptop and lost a couple of files which have since returned to normal, but I seem to have lost the notifications banners in Action Centre. I'm running windows 10 and google chrome is my browser. I'm not at all technically...
  8. Banner notification not working

Banner notification not working: My banner notification is not working although banner notification is already on. I already tried the sfc scan solution I read but it did not work either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/banner-notification-not-working/cc48011e-6f6b-4bb4-b8a5-5bb531eb49cd
  9. Moving the notification banner

Moving the notification banner: Hi, Is it possible to move the location of the notification banner? It popping up in the bottom right very often covers the command line that I am using when I am using split screen terminal, which is frustrating. A few people have asked about this, and the answer seems to...
  10. Notification banners not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Notification banners not working: I don't see any notification banners and its all turned on. How do i fix it? submitted by /u/anonymous12895190257 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gme9wy/notification_banners_not_working/