Windows 10: Bar at top of screen now hidden

Discus and support Bar at top of screen now hidden in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why have you hidden the bar at the top of the screen with the close icon. I think Micosoft asks itself how they can make things worse instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoanL., Dec 21, 2018.

1. JoanL. Win User

Bar at top of screen now hidden

Why have you hidden the bar at the top of the screen with the close icon. I think Micosoft asks itself how they can make things worse instead of better

- some samples: - the new Outlook is impossible - Evertime I complain I get some stupid answer from Outlook - When it was hotmail, I found very few reasons to complain and it was a much less waste of time -

Computer recently kept signing me out and Microsoft fix via online assistance did not fix the problem, nor did the instuctions from chat, nor did answers to e-mails from this site, I seem to have found my own fix for this problem and it did not take hours

WORD - Can no longer manually move folders in WORD.

I spent hours with Micosoft trying to fix other WORD issues to no avail.

What happened to Word Repair

:)

JoanL., Dec 21, 2018

2. Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Narrator Opens On Top Of Tool Bar in 10240

When I start Windows 10, the Narrator Box opens on top of the windows icon and the "Search Window" words at the bottom left side of the screen. If I open the Narrator Box and then put it back down, it always goes to it's proper position "within" the tool bar and from then on all is well.

Is there a way to not need to do this step at startup? I would think the Narrator icon should simply open within the tool bar, to the right of the "Search Window" space. You can see it is in both locations at startup!

Attached picture shows exactly how it looks at startup. Incidentally, this only happens when your have "Auto Hide" tool bar checked in the Tool Bar Properties Box. If tool bar is not hidden, this white Narrator box never shows up.

GeorgeRace, Dec 21, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

Taskbar at top of screen - Some apps' title-bars open UNDERNEATH

I only get it with apps that were previously using the space the taskbar was going to use before it was moved to the top. For example with HWMonitor put it to the top of screen when task bar is at bottom:

Bar at top of screen now hidden [​IMG]

Close app and then move taskbar to top

Open HWMonitor and it remembers its old position (the top is hidden under the taskbar)

Resize (here I just made it narrower) and the top jumps so it is no longer under the taskbar and will not go under it again.

So perhaps moving the taskbar like you are is perpetuating the problem.

Try making your app not full screen and in the middle of the screen. Close it then move taskbar to top. Then open your app again.

Interestingly the taskbar properties box goes over the taskbar if taskbar is at the top and under it if the taskbar is at the bottom but that is another story...

Thema:

1. Bar at top of screen now hidden - Similar Threads - Bar top screen

2. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White bar at the top of screen: I'm having a white bar at the top of my screen for the past three months with two monitors connected to my PC. Ctrl + Shift + Win + B doesn't help anymore. I've tested my computer's RAM and found errors, therefore replaced the RAM with a new one. After that I reinstalled OS...
  3. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White bar at the top of screen: I'm having a white bar at the top of my screen for the past three months with two monitors connected to my PC. Ctrl + Shift + Win + B doesn't help anymore. I've tested my computer's RAM and found errors, therefore replaced the RAM with a new one. After that I reinstalled OS...
  4. White bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black bar at top of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black bar at top of screen: In the first image I have rotated the screen by 180 degrees where as in the second image it's the default way I guess so that it is a physical hardware issue rather than a software issue please someone help me it's about 3 millimetre at the top it's complete black and when I...
  6. Search Bar at the top of my screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar at the top of my screen: Hello, I recently opened my windows 10 and found a search bar at the top of my screen. Other apps' full screen don't go to the top of the screen either. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Here's a screen shot: [ATTACH]...
  7. Black bar at the top of screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black bar at the top of screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RedsRepublic [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gg0ef6/black_bar_at_the_top_of_screen/
  8. Search Bar on top of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar on top of screen: How do I remove this search bar that's stuck on top of my screen? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-on-top-of-screen/47164708-0aa4-4f53-9724-8ada53c37177
  9. Screen/Internet Bar at top

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen/Internet Bar at top: The bar at top of screen is showing internet-based tabs/Google/. I have tried everything I know but cannot get it off. It is interfering with all of my screens & work, including minimizing the area for emails. I've never had this problem & do not see anything in settings...
  10. dark bar at top of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    dark bar at top of screen: there is a dark bar at the top of my monitor when all windows are maxed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/dark-bar-at-top-of-screen/c2d3b128-db95-4a9d-a955-861a3ae8e5dd

Users found this page by searching for:

1. TOP SCREEN HIDDEN