Windows 10: Bar near Top of page?

Discus and support Bar near Top of page? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The bar you mention is the Favorites bar. If you want to see a specific link/URL displayed there you need to move it to either get rid of the ones you... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Composer, May 3, 2016.

1. Ztruker Win User

Bar near Top of page?

The bar you mention is the Favorites bar. If you want to see a specific link/URL displayed there you need to move it to either get rid of the ones you don't need to make room for it or move it to the left on the bard itself until it shows.

To add something there, go to the web site you are interested in then click on the icon to the left of the URL address then drag and drop it on the Favorites bar.

Note that on the far right of that bar is a double arrow >>. Click that to display links further to the right that you don't currently see. If the one you want is there click on it and drag to the left.

Ztruker, May 5, 2016
  2. Composer Win User

Many thanks to all!

Much appreciated!

Composer, May 5, 2016
  3. You're most welcome

In addition to the excellent explanation provided by Ztrucker ...

Pay attention when you bookmark a site. The most recent location is used, Bookmarks Bar, Other Bookmarks, or some user defined folder. If you change the folder to Other Bookmarks the next time you save a URL reference, then all subsequent Bookmarks will also go to the Other Bookmarks folder

Here are some handy Keybd shortcuts for Chrome bookmarks

Bar near Top of page? [​IMG]

Xfinity and dmForums are on the Bookmarks Bar, everything else goes to Other Bookmarks (unless I forget and then I use the Bookmarks Manager to re-organize)

Slartybart, May 5, 2016
  4. Composer Win User

Bar near Top of page?

Again my sincere thanks!

Composer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Bar near Top of page?

1. Bar near Top of page? - Similar Threads - Bar near Top

2. Page jumping to the top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page jumping to the top: I was sent a document to fill out. I downloaded it and saved it as a pdf. When I start filling it in and get halfway down the page, the page jumps to the top so I can’t see what I’m typing. Did I accidentally hit a key on my keyboard that’s doing this. Also, I keep my hands...
  3. Page jumping to the top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Page jumping to the top: I was sent a document to fill out. I downloaded it and saved it as a pdf. When I start filling it in and get halfway down the page, the page jumps to the top so I can’t see what I’m typing. Did I accidentally hit a key on my keyboard that’s doing this. Also, I keep my hands...
  4. Task bar on top ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar on top ?: I have used rigit to put task bar on top , it was working fine .and when system got updates 45 days ago the task bar again came to bottom . Now i tried again rigit but its not happening Can any one please healp me in this to put taskbar on top because i like to use take bar...
  5. Tabbed pages on top.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tabbed pages on top.: I have pages on top of my screen and do not know where the tab button is o turn that feature off. It is very annoying when it happens. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tabbed-pages-on-top/63845b32-ea82-4e30-8ea5-3e25c40a2a38
  6. Title bar at top of page continuously changes colors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Title bar at top of page continuously changes colors: As I perform functions in each app on my PC, the top bar (title bar? banner bar?) keeps changing the color display. Each time it changes, a sound plays and it disrupts whatever activity I am performing in the app, such as using the keyboard to type this message. This is very...
  7. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start. It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!!...
  8. Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start, It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!! I have followed...
  9. New : Scroll Bar jumping to top of page

in Windows 10 Customization
    New : Scroll Bar jumping to top of page: I have seen this topic posted in old posts from 2015. After the last update I now have the same issue: It occurs in File Explorer on the program menu start, It also prevents drop down boxes on web pages being used, with out using the arrow down key!!!! I have followed...
  10. Top of Edge Page

in Browsers and Email
    Top of Edge Page: How do I get these items to show at the top of the page in Edge as they do in all other Windows IE? File Edit View Favorites Tools Help 59885